Nerf Bishop

Options

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Bishop is severely nerfing my interest in the off season PVPs. Earth’s Mightiest?  Black Vortex?

It really doesn’t matter what you call it. Grittyshop pvp anyone?
    Same. You’d think someone would comment @Brigby one day....maybe...if anyone cares...
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    As an example, to beat seeds in LR I used to play Gritty when they were still new and could float for an easy T100. Lately I’ve been getting murderered playing that pair, as it just isn’t as scary as it once was. 

Ive since switched to Bishop/JJ and I maybe get hit once a LR and am back to floating for T50-100 finishes. Bishop doesn’t even fuel Jessica! That’s the insane thing. But people don’t lIke having their whole team stun locked all match for doing nothing, and so they would rather attack BOTH Kitty and Rocket than Bishop. That’s saying a lot.

Similarly in Sim, I climbed to over 2K a few days ago and have yet to be hit using Gritshop. My Kitty is unchamped and still people won’t mess with me because of the Bishop effect. ALL defensive teams I see do not contain Kitty. But all contain Bishop. I’ve seen him paired with Thor, Okoye, Strange, Jessica (and yes, Kitty/Grocket). 
    I wish I could Q you in sim. I've been hitting all the bishop teams and it's not that bad.

I'm leaving out a bishop team and taking some hits too. No idea if the frequency is high or low just because I've always hit 2k last 3 hours or so.
    #savebishop

Edit: just opened the game to see 3 more hits and 5 red sim nodes.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As an example, to beat seeds in LR I used to play Gritty when they were still new and could float for an easy T100. Lately I’ve been getting murderered playing that pair, as it just isn’t as scary as it once was. 

Ive since switched to Bishop/JJ and I maybe get hit once a LR and am back to floating for T50-100 finishes. Bishop doesn’t even fuel Jessica! That’s the insane thing. But people don’t lIke having their whole team stun locked all match for doing nothing, and so they would rather attack BOTH Kitty and Rocket than Bishop. That’s saying a lot.

Similarly in Sim, I climbed to over 2K a few days ago and have yet to be hit using Gritshop. My Kitty is unchamped and still people won’t mess with me because of the Bishop effect. ALL defensive teams I see do not contain Kitty. But all contain Bishop. I’ve seen him paired with Thor, Okoye, Strange, Jessica (and yes, Kitty/Grocket). 
    I wish I could Q you in sim. I've been hitting all the bishop teams and it's not that bad.

I'm leaving out a bishop team and taking some hits too. No idea if the frequency is high or low just because I've always hit 2k last 3 hours or so.
    #savebishop

Just curious, who are you hitting Gritshop with?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

#savebishop

Mirror or okoyoe/strange/bishop.

Trying to keep a bishop team out to see how many reds I get.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

#savebishop

A lot less than you would if you kept out a non bishop team.
    You're starting to sound like the guy who insisted Gambit was OK because people were still beating his team, so obviously there was no problem.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

#savebishop

I can leave him at 1800 for 11 days is my personal best with no hits and my bishop is 290, rocket at 314 and kitty at 452.

I start pvp off one seed, climb to 500 and play my last seed with whoever I fancy leaving out with bishop. Don’t get touched for 2 days. Very rare anyone bothers, I get that because I’ve given up trying to hit any team with bishop too.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:

#savebishop

I can leave him at 1800 for 11 days is my personal best with no hits and my bishop is 290, rocket at 314 and kitty at 452.

I start pvp off one seed, climb to 500 and play my last seed with whoever I fancy leaving out with bishop. Don’t get touched for 2 days. Very rare anyone bothers, I get that because I’ve given up trying to hit any team with bishop too.
     Because some people can’t see you. That’s the problem with mmr and why some think it is go good to leave him out. Less people can see you unless you get higher or above them.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sigh...made it up to 1997 pts in sim, couldn’t break through the Bishop wall for those last 3 points, guess I’m not getting Mysterio. 
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I found myself struggling to play PVP this season. I couldnt quite put my finger on it. Maybe i was a bit burnt out, maybe the character boosts in each event was a bit off or i didnt like the combo's, maybe i just didnt have time....

or maybe.....just maybe........

It was the insurmountable wall of Kitty/Grocket/Bishops Teams that would plague every single event i tried to play. Sims, PVP events you name it, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Trying to make that 2k climb, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Trying to Hit 900 Kitty/Grocket or Kitty/Bishop. Trying to play PVP, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Trying to go grocery shopping, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop, trying to work out, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop.

Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop is all i see. I have them and i refuse to use them! This PVP meta is so freaking painful right now and the Devs are doing NOTHING about it. It's driving me insane.

See, i could handle the Grocket/Gamora/Medusa teams, I could handle the BlackBolt Combos, I could manage the Gambit teams, I can easily bat away the Thorkoye teams, but the Kitty/Grocket/Bishop teams are way too much. No matter what you do or how you play, you going to need to use 3 health packs. Try and skip them, but you'll spend 40 minutes skipping Kitty/Grocket/Bishop teams before getting matched against three 550 Five Stars as the game assumes that is an easier match up than Kitty/Grocket/Bishop when my highest character is 453.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Because some people can’t see you. That’s the problem with mmr and why some think it is go good to leave him out. Less people can see you unless you get higher or above them.  
    Of course they can see me, I’m at 1800 points with over 2 weeks to go to the end of sim and never get touched. Same with pvp I can float for 2 days at 500 odd with bishop out and leave it until my final climb. If I try that with anyone else I get battered by everyone climbing past me.
  • BigSoftieFF
    Options
    I found myself struggling to play PVP this season. I couldnt quite put my finger on it. Maybe i was a bit burnt out, maybe the character boosts in each event was a bit off or i didnt like the combo's, maybe i just didnt have time....

or maybe.....just maybe........

It was the insurmountable wall of Kitty/Grocket/Bishops Teams that would plague every single event i tried to play. Sims, PVP events you name it, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Trying to make that 2k climb, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Trying to Hit 900 Kitty/Grocket or Kitty/Bishop. Trying to play PVP, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop. Trying to go grocery shopping, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop, trying to work out, Kitty/Grocket/Bishop.

Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop Kitty/Grocket/Bishop is all i see. I have them and i refuse to use them! This PVP meta is so freaking painful right now and the Devs are doing NOTHING about it. It's driving me insane.

See, i could handle the Grocket/Gamora/Medusa teams, I could handle the BlackBolt Combos, I could manage the Gambit teams, I can easily bat away the Thorkoye teams, but the Kitty/Grocket/Bishop teams are way too much. No matter what you do or how you play, you going to need to use 3 health packs. Try and skip them, but you'll spend 40 minutes skipping Kitty/Grocket/Bishop teams before getting matched against three 550 Five Stars as the game assumes that is an easier match up than Kitty/Grocket/Bishop when my highest character is 453.
    I hear these sentiments a lot unfortunately. I don’t find Gritty an issue even though it whips my **** sometimes but understand the frustration.  

“If” you have Kitty and I know not everyone does, pair her with Valkyrie and destroy those Gritty teams 😁
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Yeah I don’t have much issue with Gritty. Just in the PVPs where single tiles are laid down each turn for her to pop (Switch, Fist, Cage). I did still manage 1200+ in Cage’s PVP despite this though. 

I agree it’s annoying to keep seeing them, but it is no different than Thorkoye before them, or Panthos before them. There will always be a strongest team that will pop up over and over at the top. But they don’t bother me because there are plenty of counters to them in both tiers. As a 5* player I’d say hard counters are Doom, Thorkoye, or Black Suit. Soft counters (maybe too slow) are Hela, Daredevil, Rescue and your own Kitty. The 4* counter list is much more expansive to deal with low covered Kitties (Medusa, Dazzler, Prowler, Kraven, Thanos, Sabretooth, MEHulk, cheap stunners, etc.)

I don’t run from Gritty because of said counters. I skip Bishop because there is no counter in my tier. I have to match tiles. I tried avoiding it, but haven’t found a way yet. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony_Foot said:

Of course they can see me, I’m at 1800 points with over 2 weeks to go to the end of sim and never get touched. Same with pvp I can float for 2 days at 500 odd with bishop out and leave it until my final climb. If I try that with anyone else I get battered by everyone climbing past me.
    I saw you in SIM 1 and only 1 time but I was 400 points above you.  That’s my point.  MMR is funny plus people don’t want to hit BisGritty or whatever we are calling this broke combo. I was hitting them on purpose, any Bisgritty I saw, except you because I only saw it 1 time. 
  • BigSoftieFF
    Options
    A nerf isn’t coming per Ice on Discord but hey did you see the new costume you can buy....
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pack it up boys, long live Grittyshop
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I suppose a lot of people are going to quit over this and more retirement topics in the coming days.  :|
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How is stating an opinion trolling? Is there a certain kind of opinion I must and can only have when you mentioned that Ice said Bishop will not be nerfed? Many will be disappointed and it's plausible that they will retire. My opinion was inferred based on players retiring due to Gritty being the meta. 
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    How is stating an opinion trolling? Is there a certain kind of opinion I must and can only have when you mentioned that Ice said Bishop will not be nerfed? Many will be disappointed and it's plausible that they will retire. My opinion was inferred based on players retiring due to Gritty being the meta. 
    Who retired because of Gritty?