Nerf Bishop

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    grunth13 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    I have a 2/0/2 thor, he wasn't even close to feedable. I probably should have gone all-in on Shuri if anything, since Okoye was at least in feeder range. 

If you take Thor off the table, there are a lot of other fun teams to play with I find. Unfortunately Thor is on everyone else's table, so not quite as fun as it would otherwise be...

I'm hopeful Iceman and his green will fill that role of cheap AoE buddy, but the true utility of Thor is that AP gain, so maybe he won't in the end.
    It isn't just the AP gain (I have a 5/2/1 Thor for reference), it is the fact that every tile destroyed ALSO causes damage and can lead to cascades. Thor's passive quite often finishes off an enemy for me without my having to do anything.
    NERF THOR!!!  One character shouldn't be able to end the match with 1 cascade.
    I said "finishes off"!! Before then 'twas a struggle most mighty!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him. 

Played a god boosted Professor X and newly champed Storm against Jessica and unboosted Bishop. All I needed was a match 4 and Professor would murder Bishop. No luck. I was stun locked on turn 3 and my team lost to traps and nukes from Jess. A 540 character. Dropped by an unboosted 4. 

LR I saw I had like 4 minutes left. Queued a Bish/Jess team. Thought “I’ll try using Bishop as a counter to Bishop” since that’s something people suggested in a different thread. First match was Bish yellow that didn’t trigger their Bish. Good good. Their Jess hit a big match that injured my Bish. Both overclocked eachother, but mine died. Opposing Bish was left standing and I was out of T100 thanks to the loss. Unbelievable. 

He sucks to play against so much.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, he's fine. It's the new meta, is all.  No problems here.....
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    That sounds like some horrible matches. i know i was one who threw out there to use Bishop v. Bishop and hope that mine is left standing (it is a coin flip though). However, I think it is either skip or put out and all 4* team.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah bishop vs bishop is not the answer. It guarantees the enemy has at least 10 blue before they even move a tile.

You match 3 their bishop jumps to the front gaining 5 blue and throwing out damage. That brings your bishop to the front who gains 5 blue and does damage. Which procs their bishop again and it continues until yours is dead and theirs has enough blue to stun lock your team.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hate him I hate him I hate him I hate him. 

[...]

He sucks to play against so much.
    OVERCLOCKED!

• bluewolf
    Options
    I'm really hoping the 5* counter for 4* Bishop is...... 5* Bishop!  (this idea comes from another player on Discord)

Passive:  If anyone on your team is stunned, you win automatically. 

I don't care what his other abilities are.

It would be awesome!

4* Bishop would be my new best friend!  I could run all those 5's that languish unused!  75 wins?  Pffft.  No problem!

PLEASE DEVS!  Make this happen!
  • shinnaruto
    shinnaruto Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    I like the idea of a 5* Bishop as a counter to 4* Bishop.
    What powers would this version have?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Options
    I hope it’s Sleepwalker, and he can’t do anything but accrue AP like a goon while awake, and then when he is stunned is when he comes alive.

kind of like how Original flavor Doc Ock could auto move when stunned if he had tentacles in play.
  • A_Wise_Man
    A_Wise_Man Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My god that sounds ridiculous. Maybe he actually does need tweaking......
    It's much worse with other characters as well.  It's really awful....err...I mean..."fun, but challenging".  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And at 2000 in sim.  Guess what 95% of the teams are?   Bishop, Kitty and Rockett & Groot. Not shocking at all.  Has been the same for the past many seasons and will continue to be for many more.  
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just to see what all the fuss is about, I decided in the Fatal Attraction PvP rather than shielding to leave out a defensive team of champed Bishop, champed and boosted Peggy, and max-champed and boosted Daken after hitting 925 with about 14 hours to go.

I ended the event at 745 points. I lost 8 defensive matches for every 2 I won.

Is there some reason he wasn’t the defensive god for me that everyone seems to think he is?
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bishop + Peggy is easy to beat with 4*s, so people don’t have to worry about triggering Bishop with every single match-3
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You are correct, I am a 4* player, but was attacked by others with multiple 5* champs. If there’s a way to see the exact team they used against me, I’m not aware of it.

I understand it is only an issue for 5* players attacking a Bishop team. However, from what you say, what I apparently missed in the previous 32 pages of posts was that I too have to have a 5* roster to go with Bishop on defense for it to matter. I thought the issue was just 5* rosters fighting Bishop. Though I’ll have to go back and read because it’s not clear to me how having a 5* attacker only matters in the Bishop conversation if I am a 5* defender.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Since there are players who said that the devs is not going to nerf Bishop, then you either adapt or ignore whatever have been suggested and pay the skip tax

A max champed 4* (majority of them) highest match is 170. So you can do a match 3 or match 4 without triggering his jumping in front, depending on his level. 

Find out what's his damage threshold for jumping in front and adapt accordingly.

Use a 4* with cheap stun like Gamora or Iceman to stop him.

Use Cloak&Dagger and reduce his power level to 1 and Bishop's damage threshold increases to ~1800 or more.

Send him airborn with Riri or Nova.

Make your team invisible.

Use someone with true heal.

Use someone with anti-stun abilities.

That’s great for 4* players. But they’re not the ones complaining about Bishop.

What people fail to understand- or choose to ignore- since I’ve mentioned it in this thread countless times, is that Bishop has a team around him that needs to be accounted for as well.

When I put out Bishop in Lightning Rounds I pair him with Jessica. No particularly synergy there other than she can match her traps while the opponent is stunlocked (actually, that’s pretty decent synergy). Two trap matches can wipe out most of my 4*. So... while a dual-4* team might be able to handle Bishop (but you’d better hope for no cascades), they are going to get eaten alive by Jessica’s 5* match damage, powers and passives. 

It’s even more problematic in pick-3 PVP where you are dealing with Gritty on top of Bishop, or two mid to meta tier 5* on top of Bishop. Try taking your X-23, Clagger and Gamora, and putting them against Grishop, or Bishop and any combo of Thor, Okoye, Strange, Jessica, Doom, Daredevil, Bolt (I imagine Iceman and Professor will be out there more too post-Rescue). Yay you circumvent Bishop? But in the process don’t have the firepower to match 5* teams, because you had to play comparatively weak characters to not trigger a broken mechanic. Great fix. 
    Here’s one of the many times I’ve mentioned it in this thread. I can dig up more if you’d like. 
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    helix72 said:
    You are correct, I am a 4* player, but was attacked by others with multiple 5* champs. If there’s a way to see the exact team they used against me, I’m not aware of it.

I understand it is only an issue for 5* players attacking a Bishop team. However, from what you say, what I apparently missed in the previous 32 pages of posts was that I too have to have a 5* roster to go with Bishop on defense for it to matter. I thought the issue was just 5* rosters fighting Bishop. Though I’ll have to go back and read because it’s not clear to me how having a 5* attacker only matters in the Bishop conversation if I am a 5* defender.
    I mean, you're claiming a 20% defensive win rate against 5* teams.  You don't find that insane?

If I get to 1k+ and I cant q anything worth decent points I sometimes end up farming a 370+ double boosted 4* team for 6-8 wins at 10-20 points a match.  4* teams should provide 0 resistance to double high level 5*s.
  • Projectus2501
    Projectus2501 Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just a reminder that bishop is still broken
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Never give up the fight!  Unless you retire out of frustration.  Then go ahead.