New Event - Support Circuit Updated (1/28/19)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Smart80 said:
    Are we supposed to keep an eye on thegame all day today? A preview of some sorts would be welcome by now... Or at least a starting time?
    But but but... it's much more EXCITING to not know what to expect!
    Just log in every 30 minutes, player engagement needs to be boosted, apparently.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Something that occurred to me but I am not super-optimistic about it; we don't know what the node rewards are going to be for the other 9. It's possible there's a vault token(s) somewhere in those, either from the hardest non-Large node or maybe a Wave node.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    @Brigby when is this event going to start.   Slice 2 should have been available and slice 2 should be starting in an hour.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's up.
  • Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 406 Mover and Shaker
    I’m on the west coast and the slices start at 8am, 1pm, 6pm, 12am, and 3am. So looks like they are staggering them compared to PvE slices.

On another note, I really do wish they would have slices every 3-4 hours instead of what they currently have. I know, I know, “that’ll increase the number of rewards they have to give”, but it’s still just frustrating since none of the current slices are great. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    None of these times work for me, S1 S2 I'm working, S3 kids are still up, S4 5 I'm sleeping
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    A Level 525 God Doom as the final **** enemy of the three?!? Why don't you just say you don't want to give even tokens to your support vaults to players instead of that major middle finger to your players?!?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    They won me over with supports. No longer care, they are dead to me. Pathetic implementation and odds. 

• spidyjedi84
    Luckily, he may be immune to stuns, but he isn't immune to a **** ton of whales dropped on him....
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can anyone break down node rewards?
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    DeNappa said:
    If it only runs once per week, why not keep it running for the whole week? So you can complete it at your own leasure...
    I like that, but I think since there are placement-based prizes, keeping it time-limited adds an element of scarcity to it. Otherwise, we could just wait for another ship of 1,000 to set sail.

Keeping it limited to 40 hours means it's trickier to vulture a new flip without running out of time.

(I'd rather this be progression-only, weeklong event, but it's not my day to run d3.)
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2019
    When I hit the ninth node, it brings me to the Large Pin node. I need to hit slightly below the ninth pin node to bring me to the ninth node.

Secondly, please ban 5-stars players from SCL 7 and below.   :p

The nine nodes rewards are filled with mostly Iso-8, Riso-8 and Recruit tokens. There's one CP on the ninth node.

• HoundofShadow
    edited January 2019
    You should have gotten 4 support vault tokens if you clear those nodes 4 times. What did you get from the other 3 Support Vault Tokens?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    You should have gotten 4 support vault tokens if you clear those nodes 4 times. What did you get from the other 3 Support Vault Tokens?
    So far:  2x 2* Storm.  1x 500 iso.  Haven't cleared all nodes 100% yet, just the big one.  Still debating if I want to even bother with it anymore.  Probably not.
  • HoundofShadow
    The vault is opened for 28 days. By the 4th week, you would have 16 Support vault tokens. I'm thinking whether to do a daily 100 HP pull for the next 28 days. This brings me to 44/240 opened tokens or 18.33% of the vault.

Alternatively, you could spend 250 CP to get 1 4* Deadpool cover, 60,000 Riso, 2 Master Support Tokens and 4 Advanced Support Tokens. I see some really good supports in there, which could be worth it if you play PvE competitively.
  • spidyjedi84
    fmftint said:
    Can anyone break down node rewards?
    Similar to whatever PVP you normally play in your SCL. The first three are your very easy, with 100, 140, 200, standard token and two rounds of 100 ISO. The next three are the 140 ISO, standard token, 250 ISO, 500 ISO, 350 RISO and 100 ISO. I didn't try more than one play through of the final three nodes.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Of course the slices in this are much better for me than normal PvE.  Can I trade these slices into normal PvE?

I swear this game drives me insane.  Rather than working on fixing the problem of time slices they add more of them to a different feature.  I don't get it...

The support vault should have supports, support tokens and Red ISO in it, period. Nothing else. 
    Agree 100%, also apply that to progression rewards and placement rewards.

Tony_Foot said:
    They won me over with supports. No longer care, they are dead to me. Pathetic implementation and odds.