Hello D3 Go! Forum Users -

If you are still having trouble updating your birth date on your forum profile, then please follow the steps listed in the below discussion thread.

Please copy and paste this URL for details --> https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/72653/new-forum-terms-of-service-steps-to-update-profile

It is very important that all users complete this process, otherwise they will unfortunately be unable to actively participate in the forum on their current account.

Thank you!

New Event - Support Circuit Updated (1/28/19)

BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 6,942 Site Admin

Support Circuit

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that have been staying updated on changes to Supports, you’re likely already aware of the upcoming new event: Support Circuit. For those of you that aren’t, please take a look at the Updates to Earning Supports article HERE

We’re taking a deeper dive into this event in this post, so check out the full event details below!

 

 

General

  • Each instance of this event lasts 24 hours and recurs weekly. (4 total in 4 weeks)
  • Each Leaderboard holds 1,000 players.
  • This event is not available during the 1-week-long Pre-Rotation / Post-Circuit period of time.
  • Each instance of the event features a different set (or combination of sets) of Minions and enemies.
  • There is no designated Buff list for this event.
  • Much like most other Story events, this event will have S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels and Ending Time options.
  • Available only to players who have completed the Supports tutorial after acquiring a 3, 4 or 5-Star character

Mission Structure

There are 9 standard Mission pins, unlocked in sequential order, and slightly escalating in difficulty each time. Difficulty range is determined by S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels and will be in-line with most other Story events.

This event does not feature “Join Forces” missions like a typical Story event though, and there are no “Required Character” missions either.

In addition to the standard Missions, there is also a brand new Mission pin: Large Pins

Large Pins
Once players complete all 9 of the standard Mission pins once, the Large Pin becomes available. Large Pins are a hybrid of Boss pins and Crash of the Titan pins in the sense that your team is up against a single non-boss character, however there are a few special rules:
  • Enemies in these pins cannot be Stunned
  • Once players complete a Large Pin, that instance of it becomes hidden and a new Large Pin then replaces it.
    • Once the third pin is completed, the Large Pin becomes locked and finished.
  • These pins will feature different characters each time the event is run.

Large Pins are designed to be a challenge, so they will be difficult for your respective S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Level. There is significant reward to beating these pins though, so be sure to choose your team carefully!

Reward Structure


  

«13456712

Comments

  • Punter1Punter1 Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    So, the only guaranteed Support token is a Top 3 finish...
    And looking at the support vault odds it's not like we're all going to be swimming in supports any time soon!  Another underwhelming update TM!
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 6,942 Site Admin
    Richyyy said:
    Okay, so there are placement rewards - how are you deciding placement? Is this like a normal PvE sub where you can do each 'pin' four times before the timer starts, then three more at the end? Are they all one-offs, so it's just whoever finishes them all first in your group of 1000? Would appreciate a bit more info.
    It's the same as a normal Story Event sub where you can repeat missions.
  • brollbroll Posts: 4,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really?  You had to stick some CP and actual useful stuff in here?  Couldn’t have been all RISO and support junk so I could pretend it doesn’t exist like I do with everything else support related?
  • SNKAllenSNKAllen Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Will the slice times be the same as regular PvE?  It’s difficult enough to find time to grind in slice 3 and if the slices are the same that’s not good for QOL reasons.
  • DyingLegendDyingLegend Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Great another event I can avoid
  • Punter1Punter1 Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    Can you please provide ALL the information first time when updating.  Really obvious stuff like number of clears, sub timings etc is missing.  

    Will this run concurrently with other PVEs, or is the aim to run 2x 3-day PVEs in 1 week etc so that this is squeezed in between regular PVE schedule.  I really hope it's the latter as I have zero desire to do double PVE duty on one day.  

    This should be a great addition like DPD.  But the addition of placement and lack of actual support rewards means this could be the straw that broke this camel's back.  
  • MoonKnightMoonKnight Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited January 25
    First thing, I really like the fact this is an option, and I like that there are real rewards in this thing, especially the CP. I appreciate the effort to make this an option. 

    In regards to the supports side, if a player in SCL7 or higher gets top 100 placement and gets all three large pins, they get 5 tokens to a 240 token vault. That equates to around a 2% chance of getting a real support token in the vault each week. That’s a rather disappointing solution to the problem IMO. The player base gets an improvement, but a very slight one and that stinks. 
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are the 9 small pins repeatable for points? How many times?
  • DlanningDlanning Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Brigby said:
    Richyyy said:
    Okay, so there are placement rewards - how are you deciding placement? Is this like a normal PvE sub where you can do each 'pin' four times before the timer starts, then three more at the end? Are they all one-offs, so it's just whoever finishes them all first in your group of 1000? Would appreciate a bit more info.
    It's the same as a normal Story Event sub where you can repeat missions.
    So are there time slices like regular pve? Will this basicaly play like a one day pve event? 4 clears and grind at the finish?
  • PhumadePhumade Posts: 1,754 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you post a outline of what the event schedule looks like?  I'm having a hard time envisioning the start and end dates.

    1.  If the event runs from Monday to Monday.  Does this mean we can play the sub anytime during the 7days?
    2.  Correct me if I'm wrong,  but does the entire player base play the same 24hr period?  I.e. Is this a weekly recurring event like LRs ?
    3.  Is this really just a series of 1000 player leaderboards?  I just want to know if when we join a bracket has an effect on how we place in the bracket?

    I'm not gonna comment on the prizes, because its reasonable to let number crunchers decide prizes,  but I'm still confused on how the event starts and stops
  • HoundofShadowHoundofShadow Posts: 1,677 Chairperson of the Boards
    For SCL 6 and 7 players, you will get 3 + 1 Support Vault Token from progression each week. That's a total of 12 tokens for 4 weeks, which is 5% of the vault.

    For placement, top 1 get a total of 12 Support Vault Tokens. This bring us 24/240, which is 10% of the vault.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 984 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Really?  You had to stick some CP and actual useful stuff in here?  Couldn’t have been all RISO and support junk so I could pretend it doesn’t exist like I do with everything else support related?
    Pretty much this.

    Although I'm still not sure I want to bother...
  • BrigbyBrigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 6,942 Site Admin
    fmftint said:
    Are the 9 small pins repeatable for points? How many times?
    Dlanning said:
    Brigby said:
    Richyyy said:
    Okay, so there are placement rewards - how are you deciding placement? Is this like a normal PvE sub where you can do each 'pin' four times before the timer starts, then three more at the end? Are they all one-offs, so it's just whoever finishes them all first in your group of 1000? Would appreciate a bit more info.
    It's the same as a normal Story Event sub where you can repeat missions.
    So are there time slices like regular pve? Will this basicaly play like a one day pve event? 4 clears and grind at the finish?
    Missions are repeatable, and there are "time slices." Regular Missions have 6 Mission rewards each, just like a regular Story event, but you only need 4 clears of each to reach max progression rewards.
    Phumade said:
    Can you post a outline of what the event schedule looks like?  I'm having a hard time envisioning the start and end dates.

    1.  If the event runs from Monday to Monday.  Does this mean we can play the sub anytime during the 7days?
    2.  Correct me if I'm wrong,  but does the entire player base play the same 24hr period?  I.e. Is this a weekly recurring event like LRs ?
    3.  Is this really just a series of 1000 player leaderboards?  I just want to know if when we join a bracket has an effect on how we place in the bracket?

    I'm not gonna comment on the prizes, because its reasonable to let number crunchers decide prizes,  but I'm still confused on how the event starts and stops
    The first run of this event will start on Monday, 28th, and run for 24 hours. It will run once per week, except during the Pre-Rotation week. Yes, each of these events are 1,000 player leaderboards.
  • MerrickMerrick Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    This new event will only be available on Monday?

    Will there be regular PVEs running at the same time?
Sign In or Register to comment.