New Event - Support Circuit Updated (1/28/19)

Options

Comments

• n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just what this game needs, to take even longer to get through.  I'll most likely be passing on this
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    moss04 said:
    After this event was announced in the post talking about new ways to get supports I was very excited and hopeful and very eager to hear details.  Now that the details have been outlined here all of that hope and excitement has been dashed against the rocks and killed in a bloody soaking mess with the corpse just floating in the sea.

Only 3 out of every 1000 people in these events will get support tokens from them.

That.
    Is.
    Awful.

I do not understand why the designers would make an event that is supposed to address the frustration that players feel having had no decent way of getting supports after all of these months and months after they were introduced only to design the rewards like this.  It is beyond flabbergasting. Why? Why?
    From all the evidence so far, the answer has to be: they want supports to be an extraordinary possession (unlike characters). Coupled with their profusion, it would seem that they envision an environment in which players have little in common with each other w/r/t their respective support collections. The existence of unicorns' unicorns like Infinity gems and Skeletor's Sword, it seems to me, reinforce this read... In other words, supports will function to fragment the player base's power sets and, arguably, break the logjam at the top of the placements for those events in which supports can be used.

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Actually wait, here's a better question I haven't seen anyone ask.

Why wasn't this system simply rolled out into existing PvEs? Why weren't these support rewards added to the progression and placement rewards of an existing PvE? Surely that wouldn't have required the design and coding of an entirely new set of PvE events, right?
    Because more fighting for placement = needing to buy more health packs = needing to buy more Hero points = more revenue.

You didn't think any of this was for our benefit, did you?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Actually wait, here's a better question I haven't seen anyone ask.

Why wasn't this system simply rolled out into existing PvEs? Why weren't these support rewards added to the progression and placement rewards of an existing PvE? Surely that wouldn't have required the design and coding of an entirely new set of PvE events, right?
    Vaults, bro. They LOVE them some vaults.

They scoff at the pommel horse. Don't even mention it.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    You know what else is true? Mondays are a busy day of my week.

Why Mondays? Especially when you have PvE events that sometimes end or start on a Monday.

The logic of Monday is a mystery to me.
  • abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’m happy to give it a go and see what happens, thinking that even randomly opening Taco tokens (without hoarding), I have certainly pulled a number of “rare” rewards like the 4* cover or LL token occasionally. I’m happy to do this in a new vault which will feed my 2* farm and have the chance of something else.

And I always have time for something that gives me CP. As mentioned above, dropping to a lower scl and playing progression-only would be viable too. The fewer number of people who want to compete, the easier it should be to place :)

However, I would also like to voice my preference for more un-timed events..that way I can really enjoy the different scenarios and battles, without worrying about going through again and again with only my fastest team
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here's another issue, it's Friday night, this starts Monday, and we probably won't even know when this begins UNTIL it begins. That's just great for S1 players
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Join the play to progression and out mindset, and who cares about the slice times?
  • Vins2
    Vins2 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    You know what else is true? Mondays are a busy day of my week.

Why Mondays? Especially when you have PvE events that sometimes end or start on a Monday.

The logic of Monday is a mystery to me.
    There's probably some metric that monday is the least played day. 
    Tuesdays have LRs and the end of s1, s2 pvp.
    Wednesdays have LRs and the end of the other slices.
    Thursdays are LRs and the start of events.
    Fridays are the end of a pvp.
    Nobody functions on the weekend.
    So Mondays may be the start of some pve, but there's not much pvp that day.  And the first day of pve is skippable for players in noncompetitive alliances.

I don't intend to fill every day of the week with mpq, especially mondays.  But I'll try it once so I can say I did and feel validated for complaining. 

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I can somehow imagine the initial planning meetings when it came to slice design and plans and they said, “What days would make sense to have events start and end on, in terms of people’s schedules?”  And they decided to try to avoid Mondays for all the reasons being brought up. It’s busy for a lot of people, they hit the ground running, etc. 

4?5? Years after setting up the slices, they’ve forgotten that, apparently.

All this said.  Playing 4x in a later slice than 1 can be accomplished with 2 hits Monday and 2 Tuesday. Progression accomplished. 

Still more than we needed, but could be more manageable.  Still hoping they adjust the clears. It’s funny that they went back to the days of 4x=progression for this.