Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    How long do you usually wait between shieldhops for retaliations to taper off? I gambled way too much, was almost at 1k, but got hit all the way down to 875 in a couple matches
    You're in my bracket, I was watching Your struggle.

What I suggest:

Use Patch + Hulk (put Hulk on the left!). don't be shy to use +3 green boost. and if You have it, +50% crit boost (especially on dessert). three reasons:
    1. quick fights - get 6 more green, launch Berzerker, match Hulk's tiles. watch them die. them heal hulk, repeat.
    2. detterent - most players will skip you.
    3. slow retaliations - by the time those Spidey or CMags teams defeat You, You will do 3 battles.

Then reshield, come back after 3hrs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ...And I passed 1100 icon_e_smile.gif

Was greedy and wanted it in one run, so 5 fights were needed. 2mins after shielding - 2 attacks.

My Daken is at amazing lvl28, so beware now!
  • Unknown
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Looking forward to when everyone has 141 LT in their lineups and D3 is forced to finally nerf the beast. Well, or they might just release an even more OP lazy character instead. Good times.

Sounds like a job for 3* Loki...

oh wait icon_redface.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Up to 995, got attacked a gazillion times after that.
    No way to make progress, and out of health. Shielded at 925. Just great.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Next 3-4 hours is the best time to grind - US is asleep, EU is not at work, eating breakfast/ spending time with family/ sleeping long/ in church. Only Asia can be a threat.

And try my tactic, totally works.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Next 3-4 hours is the best time to grind - US is asleep, EU is not at work, eating breakfast/ spending time with family/ sleeping long/ in church. Only Asia can be a threat.

It's 250am on a sat night/sunday morning here in Chicago. Everyone is still at the bars drinking and dancing. LOL.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

Yeah...I had come out of a 3hr shield, did 3 quick matches, did another 3hr shield. I find if I stay out of shield too long, I get popped pretty quick. Last time doing that I did 4 matches...that 4th match was where I got hit for -42. Didn't want to risk it this time. Still right under 900 right now though.

Hoping to get to 1100 as I need the purple for daken. But may not push it a I need a red Thor finally.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

That would mean getting my Hulk up to 141 from 125 so that he tanks green over Patch. Not sure I want to use my ISO on that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

That would mean getting my Hulk up to 141 from 125 so that he tanks green over Patch. Not sure I want to use my ISO on that.
    You want it. When the Spidey nerf is on, Hulk is back on top.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Emeryt wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

You want it. When the Spidey nerf is on, Hulk is back on top.
    Well, I'm 19K short anyway. But you're probably right.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They really must have changed something, I mean, more than they've said. I just got a hit on my shield from someone I know I had not attacked at any point. This person was sub 500, and got 47 points it looks like. My point is, not even sure how they were able to queue me at all.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Well, that first hop was alright, from 925 to 1011. Might or might not require an additional hop, we'll see.
    That Hulk tactic is nice - just need to make sure to have a black match available before berserker rage.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Great...lol. just saw I'm in Slobofix's bracket. Going to be an interesting day/night.
    This is going slower than I thought, even Slobo is below 1100 still. Would have thought there to be a mad dash to the Daken cover from the start.

Slobo's Daken is already maxed so doubt the 1100 matters to him. and he's not the only one icon_lol.gif

Maybe Hi enders see the futility in getting their teeth kicked in for one measly cover on a brand new character? unless they plan to cash him up from there, 2/5 purple is not going to change the tide of battle.
    gobstopper wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    Oletheos wrote:
    I really f'ing hate his game some times. I've never seen so many matches where I've lost a full 141 patch to a 85 Thor. 3 out of five games I was just decimated. Match ups that should have no chance of winning just kills me. 5000 hp gone in one turn.
    No matter what I used. Patch with 100 hulk. Patch with 96 mags. Patch with 100 hood. 85 Thor and obw just wiped the floor wih me. Stupid luck/cheat cascades. It's like the game knows your trying to push for a shield and just slaps you around.

I have to say, this is one of the reasons I love Fat Thor (LT, whatever you want to call him). Played one of those matches earlier today (you know, tons of cascades into OBW stealing all your AP and generally feeling helpless) in the SHIELD Sim and just shrugged it off cause LT has a million HP. Took an 85 Thor Thunderstrike into Call the Storm and just gathered another green match or two and totally demolished the opponent.
    Looking forward to when everyone has 141 LT in their lineups and D3 is forced to finally nerf the beast. Well, or they might just release an even more OP lazy character instead. Good times.

I love thor. always have always will. I got caught in the middle and cried just a little when they nerfed his red and yellow nukes. But he still had that godlike move synergy. And with that dynamite yellow and surprisingly buffed green, He was still a force to be reckoned with as one of the heaviest hitters in the Marvel U should be.

But seriously, green needs a slight cost bump to at most 19. Anyone who is in the current 2* mmr sea of 4/5/4 & 3/5/5 mThoR knows, it is entirely too reasonable for him to get to that magic number 14. Green is one of the more abundant colours and with his ability to make so much of it, Call of the Storm is more of an inevitability. Even at times when you drop your whole game just to play keep away the green.

I'm probably off but i hardly seem to hear many complaints on either the giving or receiving side of GSBW, as she can make her green, so a smart player can set her up and the high costs give the attacker a bit more time to get their stuff together to deal with her 5/5 Green. I agree that once you see more ranked LThors that you can't simply out rank (like the 2*) this will become a more common issue.

I have long given up on the idea that those-who-i-shall-not-name will entertain the notion of raising the 2* characters closer to 2* thor's level. But i do have a question for the more advanced engamers: are there enough 3* tanks with enough HP to survive maxed LThor CoTS? and are there enough hard hitters (besides Patch) who can take him down before he gets to 14g-land?
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    But i do have a question for the more advanced engamers: are there enough 3* tanks with enough HP to survive maxed LThor CoTS? and are there enough hard hitters (besides Patch) who can take him down before he gets to 14g-land?
    Hood completely shuts down LT. I've yet to see a COTS unless it's from a cascade of doom.
    Will be interesting what happens if/when they nerf CMags and you can't rely on killing anyone without them getting a turn in.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Well, that first hop was alright, from 925 to 1011. Might or might not require an additional hop, we'll see.
    That Hulk tactic is nice - just need to make sure to have a black match available before berserker rage.
    Glad You like it icon_e_smile.gif

I just compared Hulk 125 and Patch 141 and yeah, only Black matches for Hulk...

Other option - let enemy' Spidey gather blue, launch Zerker, let them stun Patch.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I ll try it.. One of the bee from shield used it yesterday and it was painful to fight.. Now that i lvl up my daken.. Lets see what it worths..
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Unfortunately, hulk is way down on my ISO spending list. My whole stockpile is already earmarked for these l Thor covers.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    **** Morgh, couldn't you wait ONE TINYKITTY minute before hitting me TWICE?
    Both times when I was crossing 1100.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Are you seeing tons of 2x 85 teams too? Can't be only me and my alliance mate.
    Well then rejoicing for 'good' changes (back to old, that is) before the Spidey nerf.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Are you seeing tons of 2x 85 teams too? Can't be only me and my alliance mate.
    Well then rejoicing for 'good' changes (back to old, that is) before the Spidey nerf.
    I'm only seeing 141s, no change there.