Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I saw a Thor/obw one, which was weird because he had a leveled punisher and a couple others. Exactly the kind of quick kill I needed though.

Shielded up for the rest of the tourney, hit me if you see me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm having a hard time to maintain 500 pts on this event.
    My OBW+LT usually getting raided on around 800 brackets.
    Now i met 141 duet in 400 brackets.

The essence of game is for fun, i'm having fun playing MPQ before SEASON 1 start month ago.
    Scoring 800-850 is top 10 guarantee, no stress acquiring it.

Now it's no longer fun, and maybe it's time to quit.
    Nothing to lose, eventually all will feel the same and this game will surely fall!
    Easy come, easy go. Greed is not good D3!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I mean the tourney started with 2x 141 and even 3x 141 sometimes (and I'm bull-headed enough to hit maxed LDs if they are worth good points), then today I climbed to 600 or so, and as if an invisible switch was hit, suddenly 2x 85 teams everywhere, even some with mStorm and oBW. I only hit a couple that had better points, then it was mostly 2x 141 teams again closer to 900. Still seeing a 2* here and there I believe.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Coolbond - thanks for the points, much appreciated icon_e_smile.gif

Shielded till the end at 1165pts. Fights worth 15pts at most, so I won't probably do a push to 1200.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And I'm done.
    You owe me 75 HP, Morgh *grumble*
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    And I'm done.
    You owe me 75 HP, Morgh *grumble*
    13f81c6af097a699059ca2cb082afa96edd70404ed77d45371f6a052723e5481.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Get to 1079 so all I have to do is play one match to.shield hop.from 8 hr shields...and...then I get hit for -40 20-30 sec after shielding...siiighhh. 1039-1100 given these scores is probably BBBBAAARELY 3 instead of 2 matches. Again...siiiiigh.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    **** Morgh, couldn't you wait ONE TINYKITTY minute before hitting me TWICE?
    Both times when I was crossing 1100.

:< terribly sorry - and I really mean it since I experienced this a few times today - you were THE biggest point giver ;< I doubt you have me in your queue still, but if you do - hammer away since I am shielded for the rest of the event (will have to reshield once or twice but since I went over 1100, the rest is not important...
    and I thought to have hit you at around 1025, not 1080 range, which I tried to avoid since that moment where you get out with >1100 score on the screen only to see you got hit for -x is terrible... (actually last time I got a -150 when I went out of a fight which put me at 1125 :S)

And also just wait till C.Mags nerf comes in - my MMR is in the 'as high as can be' range, and I have no other 141 3* icon_e_smile.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

:< terribly sorry - and I really mean it since I experienced this a few times today - you were THE biggest point giver ;< I doubt you have me in your queue still, but if you do - hammer away since I am shielded for the rest of the event (will have to reshield once or twice but since I went over 1100, the rest is not important...
    and I thought to have hit you at around 1025, not 1080 range, which I tried to avoid since that moment where you get out with >1100 score on the screen only to see you got hit for -x is terrible... (actually last time I got a -150 when I went out of a fight which put me at 1125 :S)

And also just wait till C.Mags nerf comes in - my MMR is in the 'as high as can be' range, and I have no other 141 3* icon_e_smile.gif
    S'allright, 'tis just 75 HP.
    But at that moment I could have strangled someone icon_e_wink.gif

Not going to single you out in the future... yet icon_e_wink.gif
    Thanks for the apology icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

With how I am.feeling...I think I seriously might consider quitting whenever mags is nerfed. Not to say a nerf isn't fair...just i know they will overneerf him and the only character I really think has a fun mechanic (daredevil is okay if you aren't trying to win fast) will become a lead weight. I fully expect him.to be nerfed in line with rag and spiderrag. Let's see. Perfectly fine purple. Lettttts make that 12 ap and drop the damage to a max of 450 damage per a swap. His blue...leeetttts make that 10 ap and no longer override countdown tiles. As for his red....6 red ap to do the same exact thing except each lvl up will instead add 2 extra tiles being destroyed instead of lowering ap cost..... He will be dead. That's not really why though. I am Tired of the grind. New characters aren't rolling out since they got the whole "lazy x" idea, and there isn't a whole lot making me want to stay on any other account. I'll prob stay if only because I don't have another phone game to go to...but like SOOO many others, I probably will slack after season 1 ...and certainly would after mag nerf. Of course, slacking.is always one step from straight quitting in a game like this. You smell the air and never go back...until you stupidly download a similar game 2 months latter *palm.
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2014
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I mean the tourney started with 2x 141 and even 3x 141 sometimes (and I'm bull-headed enough to hit maxed LDs if they are worth good points), then today I climbed to 600 or so, and as if an invisible switch was hit, suddenly 2x 85 teams everywhere, even some with mStorm and oBW. I only hit a couple that had better points, then it was mostly 2x 141 teams again closer to 900. Still seeing a 2* here and there I believe.
    Same here.. I thought that was cause i ve been bullied this night for-500 pts.. So my mmr should have been lower a bit.. Past 800 pts 141 teams as usual..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moment you get into certain point ranges all you will see is 141s but having a high level patch/Daken with either someone with a aoe or some annoying passive like hulk makes these matches go fast. 3* will be treated like 1* seed teams.
  • franckynight
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:

With how I am.feeling...I think I seriously might consider quitting whenever mags is nerfed. Not to say a nerf isn't fair...just i know they will overneerf him and the only character I really think has a fun mechanic (daredevil is okay if you aren't trying to win fast) will become a lead weight. I fully expect him.to be nerfed in line with rag and spiderrag. Let's see. Perfectly fine purple. Lettttts make that 12 ap and drop the damage to a max of 450 damage per a swap. His blue...leeetttts make that 10 ap and no longer override countdown tiles. As for his red....6 red ap to do the same exact thing except each lvl up will instead add 2 extra tiles being destroyed instead of lowering ap cost..... He will be dead. That's not really why though. I am Tired of the grind. New characters aren't rolling out since they got the whole "lazy x" idea, and there isn't a whole lot making me want to stay on any other account. I'll prob stay if only because I don't have another phone game to go to...but like SOOO many others, I probably will slack after season 1 ...and certainly would after mag nerf. Of course, slacking.is always one step from straight quitting in a game like this. You smell the air and never go back...until you stupidly download a similar game 2 months latter *palm.
    I am not so far from your stance.. Im in a rage for the season extension that is a "not so subtle "plot to force us to dig in our pockets to stay competitive in the last event which features the last chars available (it seems to have worked if i can judge by the number of leveled daken, mine included).. Once season 1 is over.. I ll take a a well deserved break and will evaluate if i m enough "reloaded" to step in the arena again.. I cant honestly say today that i will..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Get to 1079 so all I have to do is play one match to.shield hop.from 8 hr shields...and...then I get hit for -40 20-30 sec after shielding...siiighhh. 1039-1100 given these scores is probably BBBBAAARELY 3 instead of 2 matches. Again...siiiiigh.

It is brutal out there past 1k. Everytime I came out of a fight, 2 hits followed. Everyone wants their LD and Thor covers.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First attempt at pushing to 1100 was a disaster, lost a match to an unlucky cascade and had been hit twice during it, which actually put me lower than where I had been before I started the push.
    Second attempt was a lot better. Got to 1050. I had been open for what was probably 15-20 minutes, so I reshielded there. It's late night here for me, so I'm going to sleep now and I'll make my last push when I wake up.

I'll dream about Purple Daken covers and LT rewards. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oletheos wrote:
    I really f'ing hate his game some times. I've never seen so many matches where I've lost a full 141 patch to a 85 Thor. 3 out of five games I was just decimated. Match ups that should have no chance of winning just kills me. 5000 hp gone in one turn.
    No matter what I used. Patch with 100 hulk. Patch with 96 mags. Patch with 100 hood. 85 Thor and obw just wiped the floor wih me. Stupid luck/cheat cascades. It's like the game knows your trying to push for a shield and just slaps you around.

better luck this morning. decided to beat the 85 widowthors at thier own game, used my 105 1/4/5 lazy thor and 85obw to start out. won quite a few matches until thor was too injured, swapped to 141 patch and 100 hulk with 5 black. made a good streak there, ended my run with patch and a 96 4/4/2 cmags.

managed to gain about 200 points to end up at 986. shielded for 8 hours. gonna try and make another push to get up to 1100, would be nice to get the purple daken since my alliance failed to get it.

so if anyone sees ketele in your que wail away for the next 8 hours. and if you wanna give me some bumps to 1100 that would be appreicated, although getting 120 pts may be inpossible today.

mini rant: coming out of a fight where im only able to find 18-24 pt games to have lost 46pts to someone 300 pts behind me is just major ****. i wish that **** would get fixed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    WFT with this pvp, everyone went crazy? I got -130 in 5 minutes with only 900 pts... never happened to me before
    and some alliance members said they got hit right after they dropped their shields, making shield hopping nearly impossible
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    You know, it's almost painful to see people I know to be perfectly capable of hitting 1300+ sitting below 1000.
    Ever since the X-Men scooped up Slobofix and the rest of the non-S.H.I.E.L.D and non-5Deadly highscorers it seems both those alliances have just stopped competing because it's pointless anyway.

I think we're all ready for season 1 to be over, and I think most of us wouldn't mind if seasons would be gone completely.
    Sadly, D3 doesn't agree with us.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think that it's a combination of a few factors:
    * being able to get a purple Daken cover at 1100
    * being able to win Thor covers
    * being that close to Season 1 end and thus getting more points for final placement
    * it's weekend - people have a lot of free time on their hands

All those factors on their own can cause a surge in people playing and the frequency of being hit, and when you combine all of them, you get what we are seeing - a crazy competitive environment where you feel like you want to kill someone when you get hit for -150 a few minutes after dropping shield icon_e_wink.gif
  • franckynight
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Shield hopping is really risky today.. 2 matchs done and i m hit.. I shield hop one more time and i m done.. Its not like swimming in a filled-piranas pool.. Its more like swimming in a bathub with a great white shark..