Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Another unsuccessful PvP here as well. Crawled up to 5th or so with 1005 with that 1100 Daken cover just within reach. One 27pt match later and I get hit for -154. Grinded back up to about 900 and finished around 35th. I'm not sure on which video game planet that this type of gameplay is considered fun or rewarding but it's no planet I've ever been to nor want to explore.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Does anyone know when new characters become available in Heroic tokens?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Narkon wrote:
    Does anyone know when new characters become available in Heroic tokens?

Ice posts it as part of his listing of what is in various push updates.

I figure in a week or two, he'll likely be in there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    things I don't understand.

1) why are multiple people 500+ points below me able to pull my name? One of the criteria should be that you pull people close to your own range. People getting 40-50 point matchups for waiting til the last day to feed on those that stared day 1 is annoying, especially when their rosters are obviously better.. Pisses me off to lose 30-40 points on a match and find out its a late starting 141 roster going through me like a warm knife through butter. Its one thing to lose these match ups. Its another to know your roster never stood a chance of keeping those 40 points that took me 2+ equal leveled matches to win,

2) Why is it that the moment I unshield, 20+ people pull my name almost immediately? Like seriously. Had to shield hop. I'd play a 5 minute match, shield, 15 defenses over the next 5-10 minutes. Wait 15 minutes, repeat whole process. That's stupid. Does my % chance of getting my name pulled higher when coming out of a shield?
  • Unknown
    Options
    This new PVP bracket making is total ****.

I scored 1196 and was afraid I would drop out of top 10 when someone with a superior roster than mine showed me his bracket where 554 was good enough top 10 with 5 min to go.

Getting to 554 is sleepwalking while getting to 1196 requires an incredible amount of time/strategy/resources. Total and utter ****
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sweenz wrote:
    2) Why is it that the moment I unshield, 20+ people pull my name almost immediately? Like seriously. Had to shield hop. I'd play a 5 minute match, shield, 15 defenses over the next 5-10 minutes. Wait 15 minutes, repeat whole process. That's stupid. Does my % chance of getting my name pulled higher when coming out of a shield?

Really hard to tell, experience shows on some hops you're okay for 15+ minutes without a single hit, other times you get a plenty that arriving in minutes (indicating start right as you unshielded). May get a mix in the same tournament.

Possibly have some relation to MMR-hell short lists.

Observations show 6-10 games are cached locally, your name gets back to the offer list but will turn up only after several games played or skipped. That is consistent with the more likely behavior that leaves like 5-10 minutes elbowroom before matches on you get started.

But if many people involved in excessive skipping, ignoring the tax for whatever reason will shortcut-bring you up front for potential immediate attack.
    And when someone opens the tournament page the first time he gets fresh list that can very well have you as first -- with that ill luck you face the -50 for the 1pt chance of retal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    entropic01 wrote:
    This new PVP bracket making is total ****.

I scored 1196 and was afraid I would drop out of top 10 when someone with a superior roster than mine showed me his bracket where 554 was good enough top 10 with 5 min to go.

Getting to 554 is sleepwalking while getting to 1196 requires an incredible amount of time/strategy/resources. Total and utter ****

1: Remove most 2* cover rewards because too many 2* covers are being given out
    2: Since the 51-150 place rewards are now worthless, new players feel like they can't progress, so give new players easy mode brackets
    3: start giving out 1 and 2 star covers as rewards for winning battles, flooding out 2* covers at a tremendous rate

icon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gificon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Welcome to the new PvP where scoring over 800 points isn't enough to get you into the top 50. Eff this game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:
    Welcome to the new PvP where scoring over 800 points isn't enough to get you into the top 50. Eff this game.

...except for those brackets where it gets you #1. Which none of us were in. MPQ: raising average daily revenue by making people ragequit.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

...except for those brackets where it gets you #1. Which none of us were in. MPQ: raising average daily revenue by making people ragequit.

They aren't too bright if this is their idea.

Strip-mining their existing player base to make money off the noobs only works as long as their are noobs willing to come in.

Pretty hard to get a lot of noobs if the game gets bad word-of-mouth because of the **** the devs pull.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MikeHock wrote:

900 was out of top 50 in mine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    Strip-mining their existing player base to make money off the noobs only works as long as their are noobs willing to come in.

Pretty hard to get a lot of noobs if the game gets bad word-of-mouth because of the **** the devs pull.

Unfortunately it seem noobs keep coming eager to drop their money despite all the word-of-mouth that supposedly is fairly in the negative since about thorverine nerf time.

Certainly every pyramid-scheme will collapse eventually, their measurements probably show the expanding phase and keep extrapolating that.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    This is the first time that scoring over 1100 points has not even gotten me in the top 10.

Shame too, because I kinda needed that last Thor red to max him.
    Yup, it's actually happened to me once before too, but it especially hurts here as my 2/5/5 Thor couldn't care less about the Yellow and Green covers I won. Pretty frustrating.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Sweenz wrote:

Really hard to tell, experience shows on some hops you're okay for 15+ minutes without a single hit, other times you get a plenty that arriving in minutes (indicating start right as you unshielded). May get a mix in the same tournament.

Possibly have some relation to MMR-hell short lists.

Observations show 6-10 games are cached locally, your name gets back to the offer list but will turn up only after several games played or skipped. That is consistent with the more likely behavior that leaves like 5-10 minutes elbowroom before matches on you get started.

But if many people involved in excessive skipping, ignoring the tax for whatever reason will shortcut-bring you up front for potential immediate attack.
    And when someone opens the tournament page the first time he gets fresh list that can very well have you as first -- with that ill luck you face the -50 for the 1pt chance of retal.

The trouble with fatal attraction was that it was extremely competitive for 2 reasons, the LT covers and the 1100 LD progression cover. You could tell from looking at your own leaderboards that people were shielding really early (like on day 1)because they were going for the LD cover and then holding on to those leads for the LT covers.

The later it gets into a tournament, the riskier it will be to unshield, particularly if you have the type of roster that will take 2 minutes to demolish. Late in the tournament, there are 2 types of players playing. 1. the late grinders, not to bothered about progression rewards but just playing last 2 hours to get some iso and a decent placement in a later last minute bracket. We are not so concerned about the late grinders because they are more likely to take whatever comes their way because every match up is a high value match up. We are more concerned with the shield hoppers (actually anyone who really likes pressing the skip button lots)

2. The shield hoppers - the ones who minimise their risk by queuing up their nodes with high level targets. They do this by clicking on the skip button till they find a low risk high value target. Now remember in this daken tournament, everyone in a decent placement was shielded really early. So the moment 1 person unshields, he lights up like a Christmas tree for all the peeps pressing their skip buttons, particularly if the person is rocking a thorwidow combo or something similar. If you have a group composition that takes 2 minutes to kill, it's a guarantee that you will get 10 attacks within 5 minutes.

Basically look around you. If you're shielded and have trouble finding high value targets, it is likely that others are going through the same thing as well - be aware then of the risk you take by unshielding.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This pvp was certainly different for me than the last few. I got attacked much less and also the point difference in matchmaking was tweaked somehow. I got up to 900+ and shielded at 3hr mark, which is usually pretty busy time, but got 1 or 2 attacks after 800, and total of 4 retaliations after shielding. And didn't see any 40 point nodes towards the end despite skipping some, I even did some 20+ matches near the end. Also enemy levels were more on par with mine with anything between 120-141+obw/lower lvl spidey.

So something changed for me and it was a good change, I regained some of my lost hope for the future of the game. It feels like point difference once again plays a bigger role in matchmaking.

Started bringing my rogers to max because bp still needs 1 black and I'm seeing an increased number of hulks so I need the stun.