Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    What locked said, unless it's OBW, Thor (hiss) or ares don't sweat it. Getting hits actually not so bad. Keeps your mmr down and you can get more ISO. Right now your focus should be slots, the transition 2* chars (check out northern polarity's transition guide if you haven't already) and ISO. Sweet sweet ISO.

ok perhaps I should see where im at break my shield and earn the last set of iso and stuff. Besides I am currently using the iso i win to levle my ares. I want to start using his Warrior butt in Pvp Events xD

Edit: Can someone tell me the quickest way to heal when im out of health packs since i never ever ever waste HP on health packs?

OBW and im40 with 2y yellow in the stage with yelena and venom can get you multiple heals easily

I do not have IM40......

But I'll try the stage with those two anyway, even without IM40...

anyway going to see what im at with my... shielding then will probably break myself at the end do a couple of more battles then like keep my eye out.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    [/url]

I'm sweating bullets here, but my alliance has advised me not to break shields and risk losing points

Wow. That has to be the most uncomfortable 6-10 I have ever seen.
    Especially since some of them won defensive wins, putting them just a couple points ahead of me icon_evil.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @rich, what's the next reward? Unless it's daken, probably not

@spoit, DO IT, your alliance isn't the boss of you! Or don't, whatever. I'll probably end up at 750 after this shield drop. Sigh...
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    edited May 2014
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    HailMary, are you finally out of my queue yet? Did you even shield this event? You cost me like 200 ISO in skips icon_razz.gif
    Basically, what bastrd said. I'm shielded and itchin' for a love tap. MBB JBruno and some guy with a completely forgettable name already hit me, and they're not even bros.

Hit it hard, broseph. Thanks for the skips, by the way. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Pamizard wrote:
    Edit: Can someone tell me the quickest way to heal when im out of health packs since i never ever ever waste HP on health packs?
    Use the L20 Venom (Venom by himself) mission in Prologue/Story to OBW-heal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    I'm sweating bullets here, but my alliance has advised me not to break shields and risk losing points

Very good advice. Especially with that 100 pts gap below you.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    image_zps04d3d21b.jpg

Wow. That has to be the most uncomfortable 6-10 I have ever seen.

Hey! It's bonfire!

*waves*
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hopefully nobody unshields and they just let me get my xforce cover. Only person in the ToP 5 that Needs it *cough for a second build cough*. I could prob unshield and push to 1300 in 2 matches. But is a yellow iw really worth 75 hp?
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So I should stop spending HP on anything OTHER than Roster Spots? Even if it's getting close to the end of an event and I have a shot at a Top 10 finish?

Like in this event, should I break the Shield in the last half hour/15 minutes and try to get to the next progress reward level?
    You're at a higher stage than Pamizard, so if you have a shot at top 10 and are not starved of HP, go for it! Roster slots are a #1 priority until you have 25+ slots or so, depending on your preferences and if you intend to ever place in 1* tourneys.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    yeah i'm 1109 and just dropped to 11th - guess I'll need to do that last match afterall. Any advice on beating Slobofix's maxed everything? Get lucky?

edit: or should I just take the "easy" 25 points and hope that's enough?
  • Spoit
    edited May 2014
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    yeah i'm 1109 and just dropped to 11th - guess I'll need to do that last match afterall. Any advice on beating Slobofix's maxed everything? Get lucky?
    I went ahead and burned a AP all boost, with blue and crit. Just grabbed all the blue crits asap, trying to get a envirocrit

Using Cmags patch of course, though punisher should probably work too
  • Unknown
    Options
    @rich, what's the next reward? Unless it's daken, probably not

@spoit, DO IT, your alliance isn't the boss of you! Or don't, whatever. I'll probably end up at 750 after this shield drop. Sigh...

My next progress reward level would be 900, and I'm 49 points away from it.

Did just get kicked out of the Top 50 though. :/

I guess I'll go back to what I did before. Give the event a day before I start. And I'll try to remember to not spend any HP on Shields. unless it looks like a sure bet I'd get in the Top 10.
    locked wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So I should stop spending HP on anything OTHER than Roster Spots? Even if it's getting close to the end of an event and I have a shot at a Top 10 finish?

Like in this event, should I break the Shield in the last half hour/15 minutes and try to get to the next progress reward level?
    You're at a higher stage than Pamizard, so if you have a shot at top 10 and are not starved of HP, go for it! Roster slots are a #1 priority until you have 25+ slots or so, depending on your preferences and if you intend to ever place in 1* tourneys.

Well, right now I have a 29/29 Roster. << There are quite a few 3*s that I can't do anything with because I need more of their covers and stuff like that. And I still have 3 1* characters: IM35, MStorm, and MBW.
  • pmorcs
    pmorcs Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, it used to be nuts that you had to have >900 to be top ten.. Now it's looking like that's top 30 or so?

But then once I shielded my account, I picked up the ipad and played my son's. Holy ****, what a bunch of pushovers! I took #1 with his account in no time at all with less than 800. Probably won't hold but regardless he'll be amazed in the morning. The MPQ fairy paid a visit..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Wow, after all the stress can't sleep -- went back to look at standing, looking shield report, -30 prevented, +3 and +20 gift. The latter is strange, the attacker plays the same patch/mags team as me, should have won easily. The other from 600 with 85-only team. So up to #6. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    pmorcs wrote:
    Yeah, it used to be nuts that you had to have >900 to be top ten.. Now it's looking like that's top 30 or so?

But then once I shielded my account, I picked up the ipad and played my son's. Holy ****, what a bunch of pushovers! I took #1 with his account in no time at all with less than 800. Probably won't hold but regardless he'll be amazed in the morning. The MPQ fairy paid a visit..

Haha, that's awesome
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    I went ahead and burned a AP all boost, with blue and crit. Just grabbed all the blue crits asap, trying to get a envirocrit

Yeah, but my relevant available guys are max Pun, max LC, almost max LT, and OBW. I've been boosting GB and ALL and using Pun/OBW, just not sure it's enough to beat his max Daken/Mags/LT team he has out there.
  • Spoit
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    Spoit wrote:
    mohio wrote:

Yeah, but my relevant available guys are max Pun, max LC, almost max LT, and OBW. I've been boosting GB and ALL and using Pun/OBW, just not sure it's enough to beat his max Daken/Mags/LT team he has out there.
    Yeah.. that's not a quick kill team. Your best bet would be going jungle and trying to get a LT combo off then
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't ever ask for this, but I'm at 1298, shielded. If anyone feels like blowing a match...
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

RichHurtz wrote:
    Well, right now I have a 29/29 Roster. << There are quite a few 3*s that I can't do anything with because I need more of their covers and stuff like that. And I still have 3 1* characters: IM35, MStorm, and MBW.
    I took a quick look at your roster, and you're solidly in need of only 3* covers. So, I'd put up a 3-hour shield if you think it'll give you a good chance of getting T10 in an event that rewards mid-to-high-tier 3* covers, but aside from that, save your HP for a couple more roster slots. Keeping your 1*s is, at this point, merely an Iso-saving measure for Lone Star PVPs, because their covers are given out like candy in the new fight-completion rewards.
    pmorcs wrote:
    Three PVPs from now, he'll be wondering why he's suddenly seeing a wall of 2x141 teams at 500 points.
  • kidicarus
    kidicarus Posts: 420 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hopefully nobody unshields and they just let me get my xforce cover. Only person in the ToP 5 that Needs it *cough for a second build cough*. I could prob unshield and push to 1300 in 2 matches. But is a yellow iw really worth 75 hp?

I thought you were going for season points rather than for 1st. In any case, wasn't really pushing for position (just the 1100 cover) - I'm happy with my 2nd and will not be pressing for 1st (even if I have 3 40 pointers queued up :p)
  • Unknown
    Options
    kidicarus wrote:

I thought you were going for season points rather than for 1st. In any case, wasn't really pushing for position (just the 1100 cover) - I'm happy with my 2nd and will not be pressing for 1st (even if I have 3 40 pointers queued up :p)

K, thanks. Yea, the first is just kinda "oh..I'm in first...now I want it" lol. I have reckless and kakko qued...so its enough to break 1300. But I don't care if I get first in season and top 5 is guaranteed at this point. Thanks though. Don't have to waste the hp.