Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4515147cbd774c8af480405cbc8642d8f02d2a305cd1f2e73a3202675be1157f.jpg

1100!!!!!

Uuhhhh...that's not the purple Daken cover. Thinking you got screwed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    4515147cbd774c8af480405cbc8642d8f02d2a305cd1f2e73a3202675be1157f.jpg

1100!!!!!

Hrm. What's that smell? were you cooking something?
  • Unknown
    Options
    ~600 HP (plus the grueling work) for four 3* covers is a pretty good bargain I guess but man it FEELS like soo much when I'm used to spending 75 or 150 for top 10 and coming out ahead on HP for the tournament ;_;
  • Unknown
    Options
    shielded because i'm out of health packs and I do not see myself ranking high anymore (not ready to obtain Thor's 3* version because I should just stick with my 2* first)

so im hoping i stay in the Moonstone range just so I can have her not for PvP but for who knows if they have dark Avengers PvP i can have a full team PvP unlike last time i couldnt even Do the dark avengers PvP because I didnt have anyone.

Last battle I got a 2* but it was the wrong color cover for Cap because i already maxed out the red cover. I am upset ;-; i thought it was his blue or yellow. Still wish it was OBW's blue or purple.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I only need one more match to get my daken! Ohhhh.... So close..... I can taste it!!!
    If you still need it at the end and I'm safely in top 10, I don't mind retreating once to you (obviously can't guarantee I'll be in that position, but hey, it's a last resort for you right?) Just post later on and I'll check to see if you made it or not. I've got your retal node still, so it won't be hard to find you icon_razz.gif.

edit: should finish reading the thread before posting - guess you don't need it. Grats!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Due to S1 its all mayehm on pvp events.. most of the time 900 points aint enough for top 10, u need at least 960 to be secure.
    I think they should revert the placement rewards so that till 15th place should get 2 covers. With that maybe the pvp would be less chaotic and less stressfull.
    Offtopic: For the 1º time in a long time i only got hit once going from 700 to 1k points.. A true miracle!
  • Unknown
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    I only need one more match to get my daken! Ohhhh.... So close..... I can taste it!!!
    If you still need it at the end and I'm safely in top 10, I don't mind retreating once to you (obviously can't guarantee I'll be in that position, but hey, it's a last resort for you right?) Just post later on and I'll check to see if you made it or not. I've got your retal node still, so it won't be hard to find you icon_razz.gif.

edit: should finish reading the thread before posting - guess you don't need it. Grats!

Its all good man I finally got it. I celebrated a couple posts up lol
  • mohio
    Options
    I've seen some of you guys say you took on Slobofix - just found him in case I need points later to stay in top 10. Can I beat him quickly with boosted 128 Pun/85 OBW? What's the best strategy when you don't have Patch/CMags (my roster is basically maxed Pun, LC, and 1-red-short LT, plus the usual 2*)?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Smallest of kittens yes!

Boosted, shield hopped (5 total 3 hours I think for the day, might have been six), but broke 1100 for the first time ever.
    Previous highest had been high 900s. Never even broke 1k before. Thanks to whomever I just found worth 39 points after skipping around a bunch. Hope you were shielded with your 141 LT/OBW and purple only 39 daken.

That's good enough for 6th right now, though I don't really need the red thor (mine's 3/1/3 currently), but I'll likely still apply it just to be able to level higher.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    ~600 HP (plus the grueling work) for four 3* covers is a pretty good bargain I guess but man it FEELS like soo much when I'm used to spending 75 or 150 for top 10 and coming out ahead on HP for the tournament ;_;

I spent ~500 HP and I'm going to get zero 3* covers. (Dropped from 1060 to 700 in the time it took me to complete 2 matches)
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Whew, just 11 points away from that sweet 1100 cover and bracing for a hop in 15 minutes.

I don't suppose anyone wants do a guy a solid and grace me with a retreat? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    j12601 wrote:
    Smallest of kittens yes!

Boosted, shield hopped (5 total 3 hours I think for the day, might have been six), but broke 1100 for the first time ever.
    Previous highest had been high 900s. Never even broke 1k before. Thanks to whomever I just found worth 39 points after skipping around a bunch. Hope you were shielded with your 141 LT/OBW and purple only 39 daken.
    Grats!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    gamar wrote:

I spent ~500 HP and I'm going to get zero 3* covers. (Dropped from 1060 to 700 in the time it took me to complete 2 matches)

ouch
  • Unknown
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    gamar wrote:

nooo icon_e_sad.gif

That happened to me during one of the Top Gun tournaments I think? this game sometimes
  • HailMary
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Holy cats. icon_eek.gif I feel for ya, dude. icon_cry.gif
  • mohio
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Whew, just 11 points away from that sweet 1100 cover and bracing for a hop in 15 minutes.

I don't suppose anyone wants do a guy a solid and grace me with a retreat? icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Skipped around some just now looking for you just in case, but maybe you haven't unshielded yet.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Oh god. I'm about to drop below 50th place, but I'm terrified to not be Shielded... thinking I might just say screw it and go with it. Main thing I want is Season 1 to be over and Season 2 to not start for a while.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Pamizard, you shouldn't shield for 2* covers - any of them, even oBW/Ares/Thor. Especially not for Moonstone. At this stage, you need HP for roster slots and them only. If you have noticed, every match now has a possible 1* or 2* cover award, so you will complete all your 2*s very soon anyway if you play regularly.
  • HailMary
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Skipped around some just now looking for you just in case, but maybe you haven't unshielded yet.
    Awww, I really appreciate that! icon_e_biggrin.gif I ended my shield hop 4 minutes before your post, and am now shielded at 1100+. Thanks a lot for trying to help! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Got my 1100 after 5 shields but since I was going to buy that red thor anyways and my previous score would not get it then its cheaper. Plus purple Daken as a bonus rider. 3rd atm should be fine but ill need to keep an eye on this still.

Couldn't risk doing 2 unshielded matches again so there was 4 single + shield matches. Meanwhile some 85 team strolls up to 1087 like he deserves to be there...ok... Edit: Exactly 1k and shielded...my god. Who do I need to pay off to do that.
  • mohio
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    mohio wrote:
    HailMary wrote:

Awww, I really appreciate that! icon_e_biggrin.gif I ended my shield hop 4 minutes before your post, and am now shielded at 1100+. Thanks a lot for trying to help! icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Grats on the Daken cover! I've got Slobofix in my sights so I figure if I can beat him quickly at the end I'll have enough points to retreat to someone and still top 10, but we'll see.

@Chimaera - my thinking exactly. I've spent way more on shields than I ever have before and ever want to again, but I've been thinking of buying that last red Thor cover for the last two weeks, so I am justifying it like that.