Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Pamizard, you shouldn't shield for 2* covers - any of them, even oBW/Ares/Thor. Especially not for Moonstone. At this stage, you need HP for roster slots and them only. If you have noticed, every match now has a possible 1* or 2* cover award, so you will complete all your 2*s very soon anyway if you play regularly.

i know i know i just dont like being attacked alot and I dont have a fast way to heal when i already lost my health packs so I dont know what to do

and i am almost out of being able to obtain HP from the prologue as im waiting to earn them from winning tournys. I am also trying to take it easy from buying HP because i have bought alot of Google Play cards

And lately I rarely get 2* from fighting, d3 isn't being nice to me. This will probably be the last time I shield anyway
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah man -800 hp!!!
    But it is worth it,now at 1168 points 53 minutes before it ends.
    Daken purple + Thor red,yellow,green.
    Daken now at 211 and Thor at 245,I am very happy with that icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Pamizard, you shouldn't shield for 2* covers - any of them, even oBW/Ares/Thor. Especially not for Moonstone. At this stage, you need HP for roster slots and them only. If you have noticed, every match now has a possible 1* or 2* cover award, so you will complete all your 2*s very soon anyway if you play regularly.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what I should do at this point. Maybe you can help me. I have all of the 2* characters except Bagman and MHawkeye. OBW, CStorm, and Thor are maxed, and I've got 5 more at 50 or higher. Should I keep working on maxing more 2*s like Ares and Wolvie, or what? And I did end up Shielding when I got to the low 800s because I figured it would get me at least 1 Lazy Thor cover, but I'm getting close to being knocked out of the Top 50. I doubt I would be able to get myself up to something like 1100 in the last hour, and would probably hit the 141 Wall before that happened.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    locked wrote:

i know i know i just dont like being attacked alot and I dont have a fast way to heal when i already lost my health packs so I dont know what to do

and i am almost out of being able to obtain HP from the prologue as im waiting to earn them from winning tournys. I am also trying to take it easy from buying HP because i have bought alot of Google Play cards

And lately I rarely get 2* from fighting, d3 isn't being nice to me. This will probably be the last time I shield anyway

What locked said, unless it's OBW, Thor (hiss) or ares don't sweat it. Getting hits actually not so bad. Keeps your mmr down and you can get more ISO. Right now your focus should be slots, the transition 2* chars (check out northern polarity's transition guide if you haven't already) and ISO. Sweet sweet ISO.

In other news, I've decided to go against standard ace of blades operational protocol and GAIN points between shielding. I'm at 1037 and expect this last push to go horribly.

Oh mpq... You fickle ****
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    locked wrote:

I'm trying to figure out exactly what I should do at this point. Maybe you can help me. I have all of the 2* characters except Bagman and MHawkeye. OBW, CStorm, and Thor are maxed, and I've got 5 more at 50 or higher. Should I keep working on maxing more 2*s like Ares and Wolvie, or what? And I did end up Shielding when I got to the low 800s because I figured it would get me at least 1 Lazy Thor cover, but I'm getting close to being knocked out of the Top 50. I doubt I would be able to get myself up to something like 1100 in the last hour, and would probably hit the 141 Wall before that happened.

This game's a marathon, not a sprint. I'd max Ares, as he's probably the closest thing to a deterrent in the 2* range. Keep only spending HP on roster slots so you don't have to waste any 3* covers. Then once you have enough slots for every 3*, you can start using HP on shields. I'd focus on trying to push 3 hours before the end of events and using a single 75 HP shield at first.

P.S. Anyone wanna help a brother out and retreat to me for 46 points?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    locked wrote:

What locked said, unless it's OBW, Thor (hiss) or ares don't sweat it. Getting hits actually not so bad. Keeps your mmr down and you can get more ISO. Right now your focus should be slots, the transition 2* chars (check out northern polarity's transition guide if you haven't already) and ISO. Sweet sweet ISO.

In other news, I've decided to go against standard ace of blades operational protocol and GAIN points between shielding. I'm at 1037 and expect this last push to go horribly.

I'm reporting you. I can tolerate a lot in our alliance, but I WILL NOT accept members using HP purposefully.

HailMary, are you finally out of my queue yet? Did you even shield this event? You cost me like 200 ISO in skips icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options

ok perhaps I should see where im at break my shield and earn the last set of iso and stuff. Besides I am currently using the iso i win to levle my ares. I want to start using his Warrior butt in Pvp Events xD

Edit: Can someone tell me the quickest way to heal when im out of health packs since i never ever ever waste HP on health packs?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Holy tinykitty.... I made 1100 the hard way!

I would like to thank the Academy, S.H.I.E.L.D., HYDRA, and the borked MMR system that enabled 2x 85 teams to reach scores north of 1000 this late into the tourney to enable me to snatch that Daken cover without resorting to using Patch/CMags/or Spidey (may he rest in peace, amen).
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    locked wrote:

This game's a marathon, not a sprint. I'd max Ares, as he's probably the closest thing to a deterrent in the 2* range. Keep only spending HP on roster slots so you don't have to waste any 3* covers. Then once you have enough slots for every 3*, you can start using HP on shields. I'd focus on trying to push 3 hours before the end of events and using a single 75 HP shield at first.

P.S. Anyone wanna help a brother out and retreat to me for 46 points?

So I should stop spending HP on anything OTHER than Roster Spots? Even if it's getting close to the end of an event and I have a shot at a Top 10 finish?

Like in this event, should I break the Shield in the last half hour/15 minutes and try to get to the next progress reward level?
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:

ok perhaps I should see where im at break my shield and earn the last set of iso and stuff. Besides I am currently using the iso i win to levle my ares. I want to start using his Warrior butt in Pvp Events xD

Edit: Can someone tell me the quickest way to heal when im out of health packs since i never ever ever waste HP on health packs?

OBW and im40 with 2y yellow in the stage with yelena and venom can get you multiple heals easily

@qt, hailmary's shielded to the end, he's in my bracket and has his 1100. I got his blessing to hit him if necessary, I'd imagine he'd be ok with you too but not 100% sure. You are kind of a jerk...
  • Unknown
    Options
    My second hop was ridiculous. In 5 minutes got nailed 3 times, first for -50 from 0 pt, then 2 30-ish shortly. Shielded 30 pt below my start -- then obviously no more anything.

I soooo love looking at after-game report of 1120 then not getting the cover and see the -50.

Interesting that when I want to see anyone above 1090 offered I need like 20 skips.

Fortunately the repeated hop worked out without trouble so got the daken cover, score was good for #7 at the time (-50min) maybe holds in t10, maybe not. These death brackets just suck, along with these 2on2 tournaments.

Spent lifetime record on shields, 150+3x75 though the first long one was only needed because of IRL events -- there was bashed for insane amount of points too during last games above 900. Also used more boosts than in the previous month combined. But I likely will stay away from MPQ for some long time so won't miss the spent resources.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    image_zps04d3d21b.jpg

I'm sweating bullets here, but my alliance has advised me not to break shields and risk losing points
  • Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    I spent ~500 HP and I'm going to get zero 3* covers. (Dropped from 1060 to 700 in the time it took me to complete 2 matches)
    Holy cats. icon_eek.gif I feel for ya, dude. icon_cry.gif

I too lost like 300 pts above 1000, shielded at 920 and -150 more hits arrived in next 5 minutes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I saw you in my queue pasa. You just didn't offer enough points so I skipped.

I cheaped out and hit reckless with a Spidey/GSBW team putting me over 1100.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Chimaera wrote:
    I figured I would unshield and attack because I'm buying that last Thor cover regardless with my banked hp and its cheaper to hop. Finish second match with the intention of shielding at 1078 and was hit by a guy with 500 points like for tinykitty sakes. I'm up but not by much this is ****.

EDIT: Shielded an attack from 326 are you kidding? That's a 700 point difference.

Those are the guys who have you in the queue for a long time and probably been saving you for later.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    locked wrote:

Nicely put! Lol.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    image_zps04d3d21b.jpg

I'm sweating bullets here, but my alliance has advised me not to break shields and risk losing points

wow. Tough circuit there...geez. good luck!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    image_zps04d3d21b.jpg

Don't worry about it, the Onion Knight has short fingers and can't sustain match 3 at a high level for too long.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    image_zps04d3d21b.jpg

Wow. That has to be the most uncomfortable 6-10 I have ever seen.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have Nazerith in my bracket, he is shielded at 1314.

I was skipping around looking for my last few attacks at midnight, and I find Nazerith, but he is listed with 1271 points. Odd.