Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    RichHurtz wrote:
    So I should stop spending HP on anything OTHER than Roster Spots? Even if it's getting close to the end of an event and I have a shot at a Top 10 finish?

Like in this event, should I break the Shield in the last half hour/15 minutes and try to get to the next progress reward level?
    RichHurtz wrote:
    Well, right now I have a 29/29 Roster. << There are quite a few 3*s that I can't do anything with because I need more of their covers and stuff like that. And I still have 3 1* characters: IM35, MStorm, and MBW.
    I took a quick look at your roster, and you're solidly in need of only 3* covers. So, I'd put up a 3-hour shield if you think it'll give you a good chance of getting T10 in an event that rewards mid-to-high-tier 3* covers, but aside from that, save your HP for a couple more roster slots. Keeping your 1*s is, at this point, merely an Iso-saving measure for Lone Star PVPs, because their covers are given out like candy in the new fight-completion rewards.

Alright, HailMary. I'll try to remember that. And I'll try to stick to just spending HP on Roster Spots and 3 Hour Shields when/if I have a shot at Top 10'ing a PvP Event.

I do laugh that this is the highest I've scored in a PvP Event since I started playing, I think, and this is the worst I've ranked in quite a while. icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    There is someone in my top 10 I've been off hand watch for the last 25 min. He has been everywhere from off top 10 (our top 10 is only about 950 this time) to 1086 points. He is around 1020 Agn. O feel so bad...clearly went for 1100 and barely missed it...
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nice Push EmeryT, gutsy as hell going almost 10 minutes without reshielding
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Uhh...does anyone else see the recap?? It's a recap of S1, not the pvp....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Nice Push EmeryT, gutsy as hell going almost 10 minutes without reshielding

Looking at the recount of these events it sounds like people are describing a warzone or something.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Balls, got a bad cascade and hit by an attack on my last match. Ended one match shy of 1100 AND in 11th. That's a double whammy. Oh well

Krakadooooooooom!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Balls, got a bad cascade and hit by an attack on my last match. Ended one match shy of 1100 AND in 11th. That's a double whammy. Oh well

Krakadooooooooom!!!

I'm #11 in my bracket and didn't feel like wasting boosts that require HP for the extra 500 iso8 so I tried hexing the guys in front, but that didn't work.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Last minute, 8, 9 and 10 are all unshielded in my bracket and fighting it out, all over 1k.

Glad i broke shield when i was at ten and did another match when i saw people climbing, people want these thor covers.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    you think we gonna get the 1st season reward? icon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol... so much for trying to go from 1298-->1300. instead, i went from 1298 to 1115 in the final 2 minutes.

one of these days, i'll learn. icon_e_smile.gif at least i don't need the xforce. just wanted to finish off bags.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

YES! Double season rewards! .....lol...
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I got my hit in on Slobofix but was worried about finishing in time so started sooner than i wanted so i took a hit for 27. Really hope that's still enough for top 10, but I kinda doubt it. Didn't want to spend another shield for the last minute, but I guess I should have.
  • daveomite
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Who frakin' knows with this game anymore...ugh.
  • Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:

Yup. Nice glitch.... I see both the Seasons Card and the closed Season Recap card stating "Rewards Pending..."

Hrmm... possible double dip on Season prizes?
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Double rewards! As an apology from d3! 40 bagmen for everybody! Yaaaaaaay
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    this game is one bug after another. I swear it's a 2 man dev team. C'mon D3 get your sh1t together
  • daveomite
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Yup. Nice glitch.... I see both the Seasons Card and the closed Season Recap card stating "Rewards Pending..."

Hrmm... possible double dip on Season prizes?

no kidding...nice mistake that is. Lol

I did just get my rewards from the pvp though, so not sure what's up with that. Guessing maybe related to the S1 original end time, maybe they just forgot to change it? Maybe it does mean double rewards!! Haha

Not sure on everyone else, I wrapped up in 4th at 1136. So, got my first red lThor AND my first purple Daken! Wheeeee
  • daveomite
    Options
    MikeyMan wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Double rewards! As an apology from d3! 40 bagmen for everybody! Yaaaaaaay

oh my god...I would shoot myself....repeatedly....then have someone revive me....so I could shoot myself again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    In our bracket a weak-roster guy pulled the luck, unshielded for last 10m and hit 1112 and last I saw finished in that position (#8) too without getting nailed. I got a bump on my shield at -4m for -30.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for your heartfelt condolences everyone.

So what do you do when you're already 500 HP in the hole? You push in the last hour and blow another 150 in 3 hour shields to hop your way back up to ~1040. I was sitting at an uncomfortable #10 when I last checked, and now the event is over, so I'll have to wait and see.

Worst case scenario, I'll have dropped to #11 or #12 and only get the Yellow cover, which is still a huge help for me.

Silver lining? I earnt a tonne of ISO + covers from having to redo 700-1000 fights, about 8K ISO in the last few hours, and that's with buying blk/grn and blu/ppl boosts pretty regularly.
    I also managed to collect some black OBW covers to respec her mid tourney back to 3/5/5 - that faster steal combined with Punisher is better than stealing purple off opposing OBW, IMO.