Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RageFace wrote:
    They did a very good job of making this ultra competitive. 1100 is the new top ten. A month ago, the game was different. I can't imaging how brand new players are viewing these tourneys. It seems unlikely I will play long enough to be able to compete if it is this intense. I played for hours a couple times today to gain 100 more points and just never got it. Congrats to the devs for making people care so much. But the season has made getting covers crazy hard, and if seasons are the new norm I'm out. Top tier players being penalized for sitting out on covers they already have, so the people who actually want them are placed lower is pretty frustrating.

New people right now are saying "yeah! I won my bracket with 670! I'm awesome!"
  • Xeonic-Ice
    Xeonic-Ice Posts: 176
    Options
    Mohio, I was cheering for you in the last few minutes when you shot back up to top 10. Then sad when i refreshed and didn't see you there again. Honestly I don't even know if I made it to top 10 myself.

That new scoreboard feature is pretty awesome...oh wait.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xeonic-Ice wrote:
    That new scoreboard feature is pretty awesome...oh wait.

60% of the time, it works everytime!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I want those nifty alliance standings. We actually busted our collective butts and got top 50 this time after falling out of top 50 repeatedly and even out of top 100.
    Got top 5 myself so those 225 HP weren't spent in vain at least.
  • Unknown
    Options
    is there a summary of the standings for this event ? How come it is removed ? Or at least i don't see mine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RageFace wrote:
    They did a very good job of making this ultra competitive. 1100 is the new top ten. A month ago, the game was different. I can't imaging how brand new players are viewing these tourneys. It seems unlikely I will play long enough to be able to compete if it is this intense. I played for hours a couple times today to gain 100 more points and just never got it. Congrats to the devs for making people care so much. But the season has made getting covers crazy hard, and if seasons are the new norm I'm out. Top tier players being penalized for sitting out on covers they already have, so the people who actually want them are placed lower is pretty frustrating.

New people right now are saying "yeah! I won my bracket with 670! I'm awesome!"

Yep. Brackets filter by experience now. Supposedly it's not a strict filter, but it's common to see new players in powderpuff brackets and vets needing 1k+ to crack top ten.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Curious who sneaked by me, I checked with 30 minutes remaining and I was still #1 plus all in the Top 10 were shielded.

Oh well ended up Top 5 at least
  • Unknown
    Options
    I ended up winning my first ever PvP and it was sure a tough one. Kinda proud right now. Not gonna lie
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ...aaand im done. got the last 5/5 yellow on my Thor. Pounded to 800+ with 6.5 hours on the clock and decided to splurge and get the 8 hour shield. -i actually had better things to do for once.- Came back with 16 minutes left and the bracket was now 11k to crack top ten. and the only thing i wanted was 50+. had to shield hop fir the 1st time just to stay in. I'm not keen on spending more HP than i can generate just to get one 3* cover. This bracketing is a mess. I know a lot of you seem to like that you now have some fierce "competition" but 850~900+ for top 50 under the current matchmaking formula is ridiculous. I hope they plan to address this at some point. If they done whatever. Until then I guess this is my limit.
    Congrats D3, you have ruined me on mobile f2p. I's rather just buy this game and be done with it.

But to end positive i really enjoy the new shield training. all progress and no stress. ill just have fun trying different match-ups and io capping my guys in there from now on.

I ended up winning my first ever PvP and it was sure a tough one. Kinda proud right now. Not gonna lie
    Nice. Remember this feeling and treasure it while you still can.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    This tourny was mofo tough.

I thought I wanted to start early to aim for that 1100 prize, so joined on the first day morning. On the get go, already faced with 141s (LT, Patch, CMag, Spidey, Hulk, you name it). This could be due to finishing #1 in the prior event (got lucky with bracket, 1024 pts), or that I didn't do my usual tanking rituals (didn't tank much during the LR, and didn't do the SHIELD Sim retreat right after tournament, and join bracket on the last day).

I wanted to not use shield until the final hours, so I used 0/1/1 Lazy Daken + 141 Patch + 141 Punisher from the get go. Man it was a slow climb without a support character. So picked juiciest opponents (30+ pts), and each game was long-ish if the board doesn't come out in your favour. Think I defeated WYP a couple of times (L77LD, Hood and LT) too.

Managed to climb to 500+ pts at the end of first day, knocked down to 400+ overnight, then made gradual climb throughout the day.

At T-6h, started playing to make the climb. Managed to get into 900+ at around T-3h, managed to top 1000 once but got knocked back again to low 900s. frustrated, I shielded at 970-ish at #9 and wanted to call it a night as I depleted healthpacks. Then I just randomly cycled through opponents since we have +30 iso bonus, turns out there were quite a few LD/Patch/OBW or LD/Patch/OBW teams worth high 30s or low 40s points. Decided to go for it once the dust settles (i.e. all the matches people have me queued up are finished). Then broke shield and went for the highest score / easiest to win first with max stockpile boosts. Man, Patch + OBW can finish a game in 30 seconds with stockpile boosts. Then re-shielded after max 2 matches. Did this a few more times and finally reached 1101 and shielded for the night at #6. Used 4 x 3h shields all in all and lots of boosts (had to buy a number of 200iso stockpile boosts to replenish).

Still works out cheaper than 1250 Hero Points for a cover.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well, it was tough but thanks for LD and LT covers.
    With all my hard earned hp during last 5 months and iso from daken pve I finally have a maxed Lazy Thor now, yaaaaay! icon_e_smile.gif
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    hurcules wrote:

I thought I wanted to start early to aim for that 1100 prize, so joined on the first day morning. On the get go, already faced with 141s (LT, Patch, CMag, Spidey, Hulk, you name it). This could be due to finishing #1 in the prior event (got lucky with bracket, 1024 pts), or that I didn't do my usual tanking rituals (didn't tank much during the LR, and didn't do the SHIELD Sim retreat right after tournament, and join bracket on the last day).

I wanted to not use shield until the final hours, so I used 0/1/1 Lazy Daken + 141 Patch + 141 Punisher from the get go. Man it was a slow climb without a support character. So picked juiciest opponents (30+ pts), and each game was long-ish if the board doesn't come out in your favour. Think I defeated WYP a couple of times (L77LD, Hood and LT) too.

Managed to climb to 500+ pts at the end of first day, knocked down to 400+ overnight, then made gradual climb throughout the day.

At T-6h, started playing to make the climb. Managed to get into 900+ at around T-3h, managed to top 1000 once but got knocked back again to low 900s. frustrated, I shielded at 970-ish at #9 and wanted to call it a night as I depleted healthpacks. Then I just randomly cycled through opponents since we have +30 iso bonus, turns out there were quite a few LD/Patch/OBW or LD/Patch/OBW teams worth high 30s or low 40s points. Decided to go for it once the dust settles (i.e. all the matches people have me queued up are finished). Then broke shield and went for the highest score / easiest to win first with max stockpile boosts. Man, Patch + OBW can finish a game in 30 seconds with stockpile boosts. Then re-shielded after max 2 matches. Did this a few more times and finally reached 1101 and shielded for the night at #6. Used 4 x 3h shields all in all and lots of boosts (had to buy a number of 200iso stockpile boosts to replenish).

I'm going to assume you have your top ten placement + top 25 alliance free HP to make up the difference. Though even at 4x75hp your still spending 100hp to play their game per pvp event.
    But do you really want to have to do this for the rest of the duration of your playtime with this game? Shelling out 3 bucks a pvp for a mere shot, when --at best-- they only reimburse you 2 if you get lucky. As i said; not my cup of tea. I prefer enticement, over manufactured compulsion and indirect extortion.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I agree with that. I just bought the Diablo 3 expansion, and it's nice to know that for 40 bucks, I'm getting the entire game and do not have to "pay more" just to play the end game. Versus this game, which is now feeling like a never-ending HP sucking machine. I'll probably pull back the throttle for pvp in season 2 and stick to pve as it's burning me out.
  • Unknown
    Options
    alexyeo2 wrote:
    I agree with that. I just bought the Diablo 3 expansion, and it's nice to know that for 40 bucks, I'm getting the entire game and do not have to "pay more" just to play the end game. Versus this game, which is now feeling like a never-ending HP sucking machine. I'll probably pull back the throttle for pvp in season 2 and stick to pve as it's burning me out.

This is exactly why I'm not spending more money on this game. Already dumped 40 bucks and I feel that is more than enough. I play pvp now to get to 300 or 400 then stop caring after that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i had to do a lot of shield hopping. i spent i think 500 in shields. my final one was with 6 hours to go, i used a final 8 hour one at 1117 which was 8th place, with 20min to go i fell to 11th, i think i saw ghast sneak into the top 10 of my bracket at that point so that pushed me down some too.
    so with 3 min left i broke shield, boosted up, won a fast 23pt match and started another, event ended and when i got my reward it was top 10 so i was happy. way i see it i spent 500 to win 3 covers worth 3600 if i upgraded individually, so my daken is now 1/1/1 and my lazy thor is 2/5/5 level 105.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is the first time that scoring over 1100 points has not even gotten me in the top 10.

Shame too, because I kinda needed that last Thor red to max him.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like I had a pretty lucky bracket - even though the 10th person was around 950 last time I checked (5 hours before end?), my ~1180 allowed me to grab my last X-force who is now 5/5/3
    Had it not been for season which it seems that I have a chance at top 5, I would not bother with shielding after getting my purple Laken
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    hurcules wrote:

I'm going to assume you have your top ten placement + top 25 alliance free HP to make up the difference. Though even at 4x75hp your still spending 100hp to play their game per pvp event.
    But do you really want to have to do this for the rest of the duration of your playtime with this game? Shelling out 3 bucks a pvp for a mere shot, when --at best-- they only reimburse you 2 if you get lucky. As i said; not my cup of tea. I prefer enticement, over manufactured compulsion and indirect extortion.
    Top 10 finish yes. Alliance finished outside Top 100, so it's a net loss of HP for me. However, I don't do this for every PvP tournament, only the ones with right reward. If the cover reward was say another LokiRag, I would have just hit 900 and put up shield for alliance and call it a night.

I agree with you on the disincentive of the game structure as it is. If I have to face 141s right out of the gate again, I'd probably resign from the game. That was seriously no fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Der_Lex wrote:
    This is the first time that scoring over 1100 points has not even gotten me in the top 10.

Shame too, because I kinda needed that last Thor red to max him.

I think 200 of that came from you attacking me
  • Unknown
    Options
    The new bracketing is a clusterfark.

It's insane that I was able to finish the tourney at about 1085 and not sniff the top 10 because the 10 spot was about 1110. And this was in a bracket where only half the top 10 were from super-alliances like Django, X-Men, SHIELD, 5DV, etc.

I know they want to make things easier on the noobs, but DAMN this is insane. You had to have about 900+ to get a top 50 finish.