Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Uhh...does anyone else see the recap?? It's a recap of S1, not the pvp....
    you think we gonna get the 1st season reward? icon_eek.gif

Who frakin' knows with this game anymore...ugh.

Well, unfortunately we didn't see too many moves in THAT direction... Sure first question we asked was also whether we het those pending prizes now actually before someone notices the miss. but I don't hold my breath.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mawtful wrote:
    Thanks for your heartfelt condolences everyone.

So what do you do when you're already 500 HP in the hole? You push in the last hour and blow another 150 in 3 hour shields to hop your way back up to ~1040. I was sitting at an uncomfortable #10 when I last checked, and now the event is over, so I'll have to wait and see.

Worst case scenario, I'll have dropped to #11 or #12 and only get the Yellow cover, which is still a huge help for me.

Silver lining? I earnt a tonne of ISO + covers from having to redo 700-1000 fights, about 8K ISO in the last few hours, and that's with buying blk/grn and blu/ppl boosts pretty regularly.
    I also managed to collect some black OBW covers to respec her mid tourney back to 3/5/5 - that faster steal combined with Punisher is better than stealing purple off opposing OBW, IMO.

Sorry to hear of your plight mawt....that a big "ugh" type one. At least you got some extra ISO for the troubles. But still, you had a rough one.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Fast forward recap on this tourney from my POV:
    Enter right after Heavy Metal in hopes for an easier bracket despite knowing it's now heavily weighted against vets;
    Discover 3x 141s right at the start;
    ^ yes including maxed Dakens;
    Discover that maxed Daken adds a lot of annoyance - nothing game-breaking but there;
    Climb to 900 points thrice;
    Not discover many forumites in bracket, sigh with relief;
    Climb to 1045, shield for 3 hrs, skip like a madman, find 2 juicy matchups;
    Unshield at 3 hrs to go, do crazy quick boosted battles;
    Score 1100, reshield for 3 hrs hopefully through the end;
    Discover a ton of 1100+ forumites in bracket;
    Notice that I got from #4 to #8; notice a lot of last moment movement;
    Decide to unshield with 15 mins to go;
    LOSE a fight against some lcognito dude with 1200+ points and high-leveled LD/LT;
    Get attacked unshielded and get #12;
    Do some quick boosted matches with Patch:
    Win a fight against that same lcognito dude;
    Buy rainbow damage boosts by accident (WHERE IS THAT CONFIRMATION, D3? Not seeing it!);
    Not even use those boosts;
    Get attacked unshielded and get #11;
    Have enough time for a single last match;
    Boost like crazy and win at 10:00 local time;
    Get despaired believing the tourney is over;
    Get the tourney screen and promptly shield for a millisecond at #3;
    Not even know if everything worked because there are no standings yet!

Total: had fun I think *nervous laugh*. Spent 3x 75 shields and 100 HP by accident. Man I hope I got top 10 icon_twisted.gif
    Kelbris, I will forever mark you as my mortal enemy now, by the way icon_twisted.gif
    klingsor - hope you were shielded, as I didn't even have time to skip by that moment.

Edit: all that madmanning worked as I got top 5 in the end.
  • daveomite
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    MikeyMan wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Uhh...does anyone else see the recap?? It's a recap of S1, not the pvp....
    you think we gonna get the 1st season reward? icon_eek.gif

Who frakin' knows with this game anymore...ugh.

Well, unfortunately we didn't see too many moves in THAT direction... Sure first question we asked was also whether we het those pending prizes now actually before someone notices the miss. but I don't hold my breath.

no kidding. I'm beginning to think they don't even know. It'll be interesting to see what happens though.

saw you a couple of times on my climb.... had to skip. Not only because you would have probably cleaned the floor with me ..but gosh darnit, you're just a round about great person on ye olé forum.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Nice Push EmeryT, gutsy as hell going almost 10 minutes without reshielding
    Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

I went at T-7mins. Got Slobofix in Jungle node, worth probably 40+ pts, but did some skipping in dessert and found Compromized for 25pts. With MUCH MUCH lower lvl Daken icon_e_wink.gif so decided I'll hit him first, then Slobo. Went with +5 to green, quickly matched enough green and launched Zerker, only to cascade-clear almost all the purple tiles from the board, so there was no Anger for my Hulk, it was Anger for me icon_lol.gif Finished at T -4mins.

But as I came from the match, I got Davecazz for 30pts, which would put me 1pt above current #1, with once again MUCH MUCH lower lvl Daken. So I finished the battle 2mins before the end.

Got Davecazz again and I would finish the third battle on time if not 6 (SIX!!!) Anger countdowns on the board, and none was changed into green or cascaded away... icon_e_biggrin.gif I was like "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF...!"

But like I said - no one wanted to attack Hulk + Patch, as it's a long fight. and with bad board (Zerker launched) can end up in losing.

---

Side note: already got personal rewards for this tourney. Thor is happy.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is Dark Silence from X-men on here? Man this tourney was rough for you as I saw you get smacked on day 1 (I was lurking). Then saw you unshielded at 1247 with 20 min to go to overtake me for 1st with a 20+ pt match but the zombies got you. I give you credit for fighting but that was rough seeing you shield out at 1083.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Oh, I find it funny that of all of the events we could win Lazy/Fat Thor covers, it's called "Fatal Attraction". I hadn't really even thought about it until i pulled up my rewards screen, saw two lThor covers, with bright yellow text next to it starting with "FAT....".

Sorry...got a chuckle.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    lol... so much for trying to go from 1298-->1300. instead, i went from 1298 to 1115 in the final 2 minutes.

one of these days, i'll learn. icon_e_smile.gif at least i don't need the xforce. just wanted to finish off bags.

On the plus side, you lost what I gained with shields, so our reputation as horrible shield hoppers remains intact. High five!
  • Unknown
    Options
    First time I've ever really pushed for for 1100 progression shielded at 1054 set up two good fast 30+ point match ups. Wait wait wait. Fight!! Lost over 100 by the time the second quick match is complete.

Bad luck,, or does in shielding move you to the top of people's screens. I was over 1100 6 times and each time attacked. Pretty frustrating. 1049 finish, probabaly 12th. Is it better to just make one big push, other comments suggest that upon breaking shield they were attacked for 200 points immediately as well.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Impulse wrote:
    Last minute, 8, 9 and 10 are all unshielded in my bracket and fighting it out, all over 1k.

Glad i broke shield when i was at ten and did another match when i saw people climbing, people want these thor covers.
    Sure. I'm not even going to use my LT as he will only be 3/3/5 when the rewards come and level 30-ish to boot. But I already lost top 10 with 1100+ scores twice.

NEVER. AGAIN. (c) Magneto
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    RageFace wrote:
    First time I've ever really pushed for for 1100 progression shielded at 1054 set up two good fast 30+ point match ups. Wait wait wait. Fight!! Lost over 100 by the time the second quick match is complete.

Bad luck,, or does in shielding move you to the top of people's screens. I was over 1100 6 times and each time attacked. Pretty frustrating. 1049 finish, probabaly 12th. Is it better to just make one big push, other comments suggest that upon breaking shield they were attacked for 200 points immediately as well.

Trying to push at the end is trickier bc there are more vultures out
  • Unknown
    Options
    Devs don't work weekends here..so..they'll have no idea for another 10 hrs or so. Cross your fingers rewards drop before then lol
  • Unknown
    Options
    RageFace wrote:

It's a combination of things. With the new system, it caches you into peoples ques whenever you fight. So breaking shield does not automatically bring you to the forefront but if you are trying two fights at the end when its super active, many people are cycling for juicy points and easy targets. As such, you have to finish 2 fights super quick and hope noone happened to have qued and fought you during or finish your 2nd fight before they hit you. So you probably got smacked bc you were worth points, decent target, and crushed by everyone fighting for last second positioning.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RageFace wrote:

It's a combination of things. With the new system, it caches you into peoples ques whenever you fight. So breaking shield does not automatically bring you to the forefront but if you are trying two fights at the end when its super active, many people are cycling for juicy points and easy targets. As such, you have to finish 2 fights super quick and hope noone happened to have qued and fought you during or finish your 2nd fight before they hit you. So you probably got smacked bc you were worth points, decent target, and crushed by everyone fighting for last second positioning.

I always seem to get hit hardest right before a progression award. When im at like x85-95. I get hit for so much more and by more people then than any other.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Goku,
    Dark silence was busy with real life and his shield expired and when he came back a couple minutes later he was down -270. It was pretty much a nightmare for him but we pulled together and tried to make a few extra pushes for him.
    What a heartbreaking ordeal...... Your shield expiring like that in that final hour with so much to lose! Ouch : (
    ( I get attacked for -36 and I'm almost in tears lol)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Goku,
    Dark silence was busy with real life and his shield expired and when he came back a couple minutes later he was down -270. It was pretty much a nightmare for him but we pulled together and tried to make a few extra pushes for him.
    What a heartbreaking ordeal...... Your shield expiring like that in that final hour with so much to lose! Ouch : (

damn, that sucks. Wish him good luck on final pvp and seasons then.
  • daveomite
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    lol... so much for trying to go from 1298-->1300. instead, i went from 1298 to 1115 in the final 2 minutes.

one of these days, i'll learn. icon_e_smile.gif at least i don't need the xforce. just wanted to finish off bags.

On the plus side, you lost what I gained with shields, so our reputation as horrible shield hoppers remains intact. High five!

ahhh... you guys are the Jedi Shield Hopping masters though, right?

I'm sure there must be worse ones than you two...
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:

ahhh... you guys are the Jedi Shield Hopping masters though, right?

I'm sure there must be worse ones than you two...

Nope, we're the best at what we do. But what we do, isn't very good

Also, as far as qt and I are concerned, this is you. Just an FYI

00027093.jpg
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Goku,
    Was that my last minute hit on you? I was sure you were shielded and you were the only match I had in my nodes that was worth any points.
  • Unknown
    Options
    They did a very good job of making this ultra competitive. 1100 is the new top ten. A month ago, the game was different. I can't imaging how brand new players are viewing these tourneys. It seems unlikely I will play long enough to be able to compete if it is this intense. I played for hours a couple times today to gain 100 more points and just never got it. Congrats to the devs for making people care so much. But the season has made getting covers crazy hard, and if seasons are the new norm I'm out. Top tier players being penalized for sitting out on covers they already have, so the people who actually want them are placed lower is pretty frustrating.