Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Great...lol. just saw I'm in Slobofix's bracket. Going to be an interesting day/night.
    This is going slower than I thought, even Slobo is below 1100 still. Would have thought there to be a mad dash to the Daken cover from the start.

yeah. Me too. I'm about to push for a while here.

fyi...noticed yesterday we're in the same S1 bracket, had mentioned in the HM thread.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Love this event ain't used a shield yet just testing out Daken and it's fun getting into retal wars with people.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    fyi...noticed yesterday we're in the same S1 bracket, had mentioned in the HM thread.
    Yeah, looking forward to appearing in the top 10 out of nowhere on the final tow days, I have almost no points from shield training yet icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    This might just be me being in a horrible MMR now (I see Colognoisseur among others), but:

p9ceU3W.png

How am I supposed to get to 1100 if those are the kinds of opponents I'm facing...
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Yeah, looking forward to appearing in the top 10 out of nowhere on the final tow days, I have almost no points from shield training yet icon_e_wink.gif

Yeah...I had done some sim towards the beginning, but not really any since. Probably not getting back into it after Fatal Attraction.
  • daveomite
    Options
    WolfmanX25 wrote:
    This might just be me being in a horrible MMR now (I see Colognoisseur among others), but:

p9ceU3W.png

How am I supposed to get to 1100 if those are the kinds of opponents I'm facing...

that wrecking ball you have might work nicely. Just don't get caught licking a sledgehammer, as then you'd really get hit from all sides.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    Great...lol. just saw I'm in Slobofix's bracket. Going to be an interesting day/night.
    This is going slower than I thought, even Slobo is below 1100 still. Would have thought there to be a mad dash to the Daken cover from the start.

Slobo's Daken is already maxed so doubt the 1100 matters to him. and he's not the only one icon_lol.gif

That's why I only took purple to 4...I just crossed 1100 to get that last purple cover. I'm shielded for the day so feel free to hit me if you see me.

I do wonder if 1103 will even be a decent score in this pvp...
  • daveomite
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Slobo's Daken is already maxed so doubt the 1100 matters to him. and he's not the only one icon_lol.gif

That's why I only took purple to 4...I just crossed 1100 to get that last purple cover. I'm shielded for the day so feel free to hit me if you see me.

I do wonder if 1103 will even be a decent score in this pvp...

I wish I had a purple...I've got black/blue...no purps though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I joined a bracket to tank and I see people shielding at 400 points.

Is this event really that brutal?
  • daveomite
    Options
    I don't know. Wondering the same. I would love to make top 10, just need my first red lThor cover. But doesn't look like that will be easy in this one. We'll see.

My 0/4/4 lThor would appreciate some red love.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    datKrow wrote:
    I joined a bracket to tank and I see people shielding at 400 points.

Is this event really that brutal?
    I got hit for like -150 overnight from 400
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I haven't been hit too badly but I'm only cruising at around 400-500 points.

My MMR is definitely trending up though - I've moved on from Thor+OBW land into the heady realms of Punisher/Spidey/CMags combos. At least they're only L110...
  • daveomite
    Options
    I don't have as much time today as usual, but making my way up. Was at 630 or so, shielded a few hours to allow health/packs to regen. Now up At 730, shielded again for health/packs, etc. Slow process, but allowing me to scale up and break when needed. Later I'll have more time to dive in for longer sets
  • daveomite
    Options
    Oh, I my bracket at the moment...kakko is #1 with 1303, slobofix #2 with 1083.
  • Unknown
    Options
    so i got my coin before spending the day with my friend and well sadly it gave me marvel now thor which i already have max covered. So now im going to see how badly attacked I was. icon_e_sad.gif wish me luck....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't quite understand why progression is so slowed. These new character tournaments are lame enough fielding a two man army against the obvious money players with maxed out new characters and 141 cmags that are never up for grabs. And to top it off they make that 1100 progression something even the top players in the top alliances are not attaining.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    I managed to sneak on up to 4th place at 923 points, with a 102 Thor and OBW. Right under A.R.E.S and Bubbleboy...aaaaaaaand i'm shielded till the end. Juicy points if you see me!
  • daveomite
    Options
    Was up at 860 doing one last match before shielding. Got popped for 42 points from one attack. My available retal... 3 points.

Priceless.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Was up at 860 doing one last match before shielding. Got popped for 42 points from one attack. My available retal... 3 points.

Priceless.
    Had one of those at the end of Heavy Metal (was only like -37), shielded up, then the same guy hit my shield again, but this time lost! so it was only a net -23 I think. I got a good laugh out of it.
  • daveomite
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    daveomite wrote:

Priceless.
    Had one of those at the end of Heavy Metal (was only like -37), shielded up, then the same guy hit my shield again, but this time lost! so it was only a net -23 I think. I got a good laugh out of it.

lol... yeah, I always cheer a little when I actually get a defensive win... maybe happens once every 20 attacks.