Fatal Attraction - S1 Daken event May 16 - May 19

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm done with this event tonight. It's like every game I try to play, the enemy keeps getting these perfect god damn cascades, knows exactly what's coming and where, and there's nothing I can do about it. There's nothing fun about this right now. And then I've already lost at least 100 points, I'm sure I'm going to lose another hundred during the night. It really feels like being punished for not somehow winning every event that's taken place since I started or not putting enough money into the game. And it's hard to motivate myself too much since I already know that, by the time I get around 750 points, I'll only be able to get matches against people with teams that are all 141s, while I only have a couple maxed 2-Stars and the loaner Daken...

Really hope this frustration goes away after tonight. Would be nice to actually have a Lazy Thor, but it doesn't seem like I have a shot at it right now.

Play later. The higher scores get the higher your scores go before seeing lots of retaliation. With dakan as the 1100 reward (subsequently...anybody who bought a 5th purple was an idiot imo...sorry)the event just started, give it time. I expect scores to be a bit higher than usual given ppl.wanting dakan and because its supposedly the last event before the end of the season...meaning...everyone might as well try and push to 1300+
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:
    I'm done with this event tonight. It's like every game I try to play, the enemy keeps getting these perfect god damn cascades, knows exactly what's coming and where, and there's nothing I can do about it. There's nothing fun about this right now. And then I've already lost at least 100 points, I'm sure I'm going to lose another hundred during the night. It really feels like being punished for not somehow winning every event that's taken place since I started or not putting enough money into the game. And it's hard to motivate myself too much since I already know that, by the time I get around 750 points, I'll only be able to get matches against people with teams that are all 141s, while I only have a couple maxed 2-Stars and the loaner Daken...

Really hope this frustration goes away after tonight. Would be nice to actually have a Lazy Thor, but it doesn't seem like I have a shot at it right now.

Play later. The higher scores get the higher your scores go before seeing lots of retaliation. With dakan as the 1100 reward (subsequently...anybody who bought a 5th purple was an idiot imo...sorry)the event just started, give it time. I expect scores to be a bit higher than usual given ppl.wanting dakan and because its supposedly the last event before the end of the season...meaning...everyone might as well try and push to 1300+

Yup...that's why I only took purple up to 4...I'll get the 5th one some time tomorrow...Still have an ISO shortage though.

I don't even need Thor covers, I just want to abuse using buffed Daken.
  • Unknown
    Options
    RichHurtz wrote:

Yup...that's why I only took purple up to 4...I'll get the 5th one some time tomorrow...Still have an ISO shortage though.

I don't even need Thor covers, I just want to abuse using buffed Daken.

I'd love it if we got a character that specifically destroys enemy strike tiles. Like a higher cost dakan blue except it destroys enemy tiles instead of your own. Maybe sentry will have something like that...it would feel appropriate. Massive damage yell. Strike tile killing (purple?) And ...I don't know...something else. Maybe a black that does the same as the purple but affects def tiles and is aoe but low damage.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The Daken I have only has the 2 covers from Solo Rewards because there aren't enough members in my Alliance to put us in the running for the covers. And I'd love to have a shot at actually getting 1000 points or higher, but I know by the time I hit around 700-750, it'll pretty much become impossible to get any higher.

So far, I've never actually bought a specific cover for a character, so I don't have to worry about that.

soenottelling: Loki's black power will at least change them to help you, but the high cost makes it not too useful.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Think I'm going to kill the loaner Daken first in every match from now on even though he's not a threat. That animation just takes so dang long with he's on both teams.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    Think I'm going to kill the loaner Daken first in every match from now on even though he's not a threat. That animation just takes so dang long with he's on both teams.
    Go to the desert. Launch Oasis or two. Go eat dinner. icon_e_wink.gif
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    Go to the desert. Launch Oasis or two. Go eat dinner. icon_e_wink.gif

Bring 2** or 3*** Thor with you so that after dinner you can Call the Storm and win! Or at least down Daken, which is essentially the same thing for me. Every. Match.

Positives: I get to down Daken!
    Negatives: Those animations! Even when he's on your own team, it makes it brutal... Sometimes I'll try to throw the loaner Daken in front of enemy nukes simply so that I don't have to deal with it. At least he comes back for free every match...
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dont know if it really matters to have a high lvl daken.. Cant have a node without a max spidey.. I m still on my way for a very long climb.. Shield hopping in full effect.. Neeeeeeeeeerf spidey please!!!!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dont know if it really matters to have a high lvl daken.. Cant have a node without a max spidey.. I m still on my way for a very long climb.. Shield hopping in full effect.. Neeeeeeeeeerf spidey please!!!!
    Aaaand we're in the same bracket again icon_e_smile.gif
    Doesn't matter too much since I only need the alliance green and 1100 for the Daken, but still funny, two brackets in a row icon_e_smile.gif
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hey bowgentle.. It seems we re mpq tied.. icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Im not gonna grind this one hard, too.. Its hell out there.. Force to seek nodes worth 30pts + to avoid retals and those are only nodes with 212 daken.. Not that it matters btw.. I field my LT/BP team.. Boost ap Green/ black. Tank black, yellow, Green.. 2 nukes.. Gm over.. Prologue healing.. Rinse repeat.. Really tedious.. And it is when im not attacked in between for 30 pts loss by these cheesy spidey team.. Holly s****.. I cant stand what pvp is becoming..
  • Unknown
    Options
    Going up and down grinding ISO, so hit away I'll even throw some points away trying team combos.
  • Unknown
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    Going up and down grinding ISO, so hit away I'll even throw some points away trying team combos.

Tried your hulk / patch combo - kinda awkward as you either get the regen or lots of anger! Makes it slow & came out with lots of damage. But the spideys will probably be fine with it!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Got my token - saw the gold SHIELD symbol... and.....

LOKI! He's been so rare lately, too.

At least it was the purple, which I needed another of, so I've managed to cover complete Daredevil and Loki within a few days of each other.

And CMags, but it's not like he compares to the might and majesty of Daredevil and Loki.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Got my token - saw the gold SHIELD symbol... and.....

LOKI! He's been so rare lately, too.

At least it was the purple, which I needed another of, so I've managed to cover complete Daredevil and Loki within a few days of each other.

And CMags, but it's not like he compares to the might and majesty of Daredevil and Loki.
    You're breaking my sarcasm detector - stop it!

At least you got a 3* out of your token. I haven't seen a gold symbol for a couple of weeks now.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So if I'm shielded and leveling my Daken, if I get attacked, does my defensive team have Daken at the level he is now, or at the level he was at the time of my last win?
  • Unknown
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    So if I'm shielded and leveling my Daken, if I get attacked, does my defensive team have Daken at the level he is now, or at the level he was at the time of my last win?

It shows the last team you beat another team with, so yes the weaker daken to answer question
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:

Tried your hulk / patch combo - kinda awkward as you either get the regen or lots of anger! Makes it slow & came out with lots of damage. But the spideys will probably be fine with it!
    Yeah, had a go at that combo too and got my **** handed to me with LT/Hood.
    I'm not climbing yet so no Patcg/CMags, and without those it's a bloody annoying combo with that mega Daken.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great...lol. just saw I'm in Slobofix's bracket. Going to be an interesting day/night.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    daveomite wrote:
    Great...lol. just saw I'm in Slobofix's bracket. Going to be an interesting day/night.
    This is going slower than I thought, even Slobo is below 1100 still. Would have thought there to be a mad dash to the Daken cover from the start.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    daveomite wrote:
    This is going slower than I thought, even Slobo is below 1100 still. Would have thought there to be a mad dash to the Daken cover from the start.

Slobo's Daken is already maxed so doubt the 1100 matters to him. and he's not the only one icon_lol.gif