The Dukes of Hazard (tiles)

DAZ0273
DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
The new Black Panther thingy features brand new hazard tiles, good or bad? Right or wrong? Discuss and/or vote.

The Dukes of Hazard (tiles) 138 votes

I love me some Hazard - Eden Hazard, Hazard, Kentucky, etc.
18%
zonatahuntShanePHallamferaldayorTrilateralusSteellatchLukoilThe rockettBigBZ32JHawkIncevade420SlothkinswaywrethFelessaHalleckthechairmanScreen MonkeymarshallTPF AlexisDax317jamesh 26 votes
No - those Good ol' boys belong in jail
57%
SpoitFranklynStreetdkffivMarcusGravesfreakygeekHissorifirethorneragnaradyContinuedClockkillercoolJonny1PunchxKOBALTxseshomaslaxer723himatakoRealstuff_NameChangeDartmaster01melyjelyNajboljiherm1978 80 votes
I never actually noticed they were there in previous events
5%
afsplatBlindman13aesthetocystKjeldbjergRedLionPapa1856-2TigerTeufelNotBAMF 8 votes
I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
17%
CoppsSpiritclawDeNappaabmorazdivounefmftintHendrossdokiyPunisher5784DeadsiderTeam_WadeAmsha3garMjolnirmight2CharlieCrokerturbomooseCrnch73granneqandolsthatgyemartinhunky_funky 24 votes

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Appropriate title.  Because every time I see the devs are still spending development time on new hazard tiles my reaction is:

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted no for now since the existing ones only damage or hinder your team. The pvp version was especially bad at this, boosting CM4s power.

but the description for the new event has me cautiously optimistic they fixed that issue.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm down.

Adds variety to the game, and makes events a little more distinct.

I'm up for tweaking and improving them (I would like them to be neutral in terms of triggering powers related to countdowns, and I'd like to see more variety over time), but even as-is they're a welcome addition.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's lunch time
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
     Adds some variety,  I just hope the new ones are a little more interesting.  I'm fine with them being hazardous only to the player, but don't take that to the extremes.  I'm not in favor of boss level hazards being dumped like Ultron bombs every turn, with grave consequences to letting one resolve...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like them in PvE. They shake things up, get a bit interesting. In PvP, they just make C4rol, Coulson, and 5*Hawkeye into defensive monsters.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018

Bring back the ollllld elemental tiles.  Yes, I'm looking at you hot dog cart :#

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    the ones that clear out rows can sometimes help you when you have a choice between trying to remove several annoying countdowns that are nearing 1 though
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'm giving you a like for the title alone haven't read or answered the pool at current time
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Just as an FYI, we added some new changes to, and info about, Hazard tile behavior in the Black Panther (King of Wakanda) & New Story Event thread you might want to check out!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I think hazard tiles can be fun and frustrating. Besides, the AI are not programmed to be that intelligent. For example, not making a match 5, matching special tiles after casting them, not casting power of the same colour multiple times even though they have sufficient aps. So, i see hazard tiles as something that compensate for the AIs' "poor" decision making.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Just as an FYI, we added some new changes to, and info about, Hazard tile behavior in the Black Panther (King of Wakanda) & New Story Event thread you might want to check out!
    Thanks Brigby!

Will be interesting to hear the feedback from when players get to experience these new ones today!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sounds like they might be better than they've been.  Still doesn't change my poll answer.  Hazards are silly IMO and do nothing to increase my enjoyment of the game.  Any dev time spent on them is time wasted that would have been better served addressing serious issues in the core game or bring new modes/features that people actually want.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    When I play with Nightcrawler a banner with Nightcrawler: Bamf is shown each time a hazard tile expires. Is that intended?
    Solved: It's his purple passive of course :p
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    The Exploding Tech tiles are extremely unfair and awful making this first sub complete tinykitty to deal with.

-Drop too frequently + CD too short for the amount of damage coming down.

-Only benefits the enemy since they don't care about health packs

-Only explodes on enemy turn leading to them getting many, many cascades that rip my team apart with match damage + sudden AP for the cheap damage powers most of the dark avengers have.

This first sub is a low blow at forced health pack chugging and I'd rather play the last Shield Sim event that had you fighting the 5* Gambit nodes.
    Would it help to bring Quake in our team?
    I am guessing no since Quake explicitly affects enemy Powers, and hazard tiles ain't that.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can Bagman or OBW extend the life of the tiles such that they explode on the enemy turn? My sub hasn't started yet so I have no way to experiment.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster said:
    OJSP said:
    The Exploding Tech tiles are extremely unfair and awful making this first sub complete tinykitty to deal with.

-Drop too frequently + CD too short for the amount of damage coming down.

-Only benefits the enemy since they don't care about health packs

-Only explodes on enemy turn leading to them getting many, many cascades that rip my team apart with match damage + sudden AP for the cheap damage powers most of the dark avengers have.

This first sub is a low blow at forced health pack chugging and I'd rather play the last Shield Sim event that had you fighting the 5* Gambit nodes.
    Would it help to bring Quake in our team?
    I am guessing no since Quake explicitly affects enemy Powers, and hazard tiles ain't that.
    Quake does actually work, however my team is still getting ripped apart by the cascades that usually occur leading into onslaught's, chem reactions, sacrifice tile matches and supernova's which is no fun at all.