The Dukes of Hazard (tiles)

Comments

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
    The collapsing mine tiles steal AP every turn. Guess if matches get drawn out. Ah, got AP for power X. Ah, no, AP stolen. Sigh. Plus all fraggin' sentries, the green ones are worst.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    No - those Good ol' boys belong in jail
    qandols said:
    The collapsing mine tiles steal AP every turn. Guess if matches get drawn out. Ah, got AP for power X. Ah, no, AP stolen. Sigh. Plus all fraggin' sentries, the green ones are worst.
    This is third Round? Sounds like a job for Gambit, The Hood, and maybe Medusa?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    I really don't get this event anymore, first 2 sub's hazard tiles were things that affected both sides, now the they only affect your team with the AP drain.

Sorry I just find it odd and annoying, are both sides not fighting in the same collapsing mine, or is it just bad luck that we're the only side getting stoned to death?
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    It"s time for neutral instant kill repeater special tile  >:)
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Sim Mayor said:
    Will OBW increase the count downs on these tiles?
    There ya go! Instead of complaining about the new hazards, start strategizing about them. 
    • Who can overwrite non-enemy tiles?
    • Who can mess with timers?
    • Tile-swappers can either match countdowns away or make match-4s / 5s to blow away a row with a CD in it.
    After my first round with them I knew that a regular feeder / nuke team just wasn't gonna cut it. I was trying out strategies with some of my less-played characters in order to save health packs. Th5r kept shaking the board up for me enough in the 5* node that most of the hazards matched themselves away. After getting knocked below 50% health, he synced nicely with Flaptain to flood the board with protect tiles to minimize my hazard damage while still letting it hit the enemy.

I appreciate your frustration, but honestly, I'm having a blast. Um. No pun intended (but I'm not gonna delete it either!).
    Sure that's nice if you spent the money to champion your Th5r the day he dropped.   Most people don't play games that way.   The 99% of us who play this as a casual pastime will be turning to more enjoyable things.    Cleaning the house/car.    Paying that overdue visit to the in-laws.   Sorting statements for income tax filing.

• Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    So I just noticed that the collapsing mine wasn't stealing AP from the enemy team, but is good at nabbing my AP. Anyone else notice this?
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Ryudoz said:
    So I just noticed that the collapsing mine wasn't stealing AP from the enemy team, but is good at nabbing my AP. Anyone else notice this?
    Indeed. So much for neutral.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
    I too noticed that AP was only draining on my side, made all the more unfair as the AI gets given free AP for Hammer goons 

now that we have had all 3 days I can say that I found this event quite underwhelming 

the 5* fight on day 2 took nearly 20 minutes on the fifth repeat , I really dislike Grindy fights 

I hope they review this event next time around or I doubt I’ll bother with it next time 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Unless it's a new character event or they remove all so called neutral tiles I will never play this event again. Game: an activity involving skill, chance or endurance for amusement. Well I get no amusement from Fight for Wakanda.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Unless it's a new character event or they remove all so called neutral tiles I will never play this event again. Game: an activity involving skill, chance or endurance for amusement. Well I get no amusement from Fight for Wakanda.

It's going to be the first PvE in a long time that I haven't gotten to full progression on. Even though I've got health packs coming out of my wazoo (DDQ even gave me and extra 20 in the last 6 pulls on top of my 1380 reserve) I still just found it more taxing than I would have expected.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I too noticed that AP was only draining on my side, made all the more unfair as the AI gets given free AP for Hammer goons 

now that we have had all 3 days I can say that I found this event quite underwhelming 

the 5* fight on day 2 took nearly 20 minutes on the fifth repeat , I really dislike Grindy fights 

I hope they review this event next time around or I doubt I’ll bother with it next time 
    Yeah, I'm watching it closely and I only see my AP draining when the tiles tick down and there is no subsequent drain on the enemy AP. Should put in a ticket so this can be fixed for next time.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you click on the tiles, a window pops up with a description of what it does.  The third sub / collapsing mine tiles are meant to only drain the player’s AP, and not the enemy’s.  Note: not neutral, really, other than that cd’s that expire don’t benefit any other powers like Captain Marvel.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Now the I've seen all the Hazards, I'm gonna say I thought the first day's had potential but came generally too quickly, and the tendency for the cd's to come in already at 1 or 2 made them really more of a main problem instead of a strategic consideration.  This often put me in a situation where I was spending all my time on damage control instead of executing my plan.  Obviously, you need some amount of damage control for the game to be fun, but if it's all you do, then the game slows down and gets tedious.  Ultimately I just ended up playing with healers, and ignoring them, which was boring.

The second day's were actually pretty fun, I ground out the whole sub with Strange/Medusa/4-cover 5Thor, and it went pretty fast.  That was in CL7, though, and I could see the grind being palpably more boring if the shield tiles started stacking up too much.  Still, I liked it since shield tiles add options while not really adding stress.  Certain characters get a lot more interesting when you can rely on having a lot of protects hanging around.  My Wasp isn't close to covered, but it seems like she'd have been excellent here.

The third day's didn't really make sense to me.  Draining AP from both sides would have made me want to play with Peggy/Hood/Medusa and play prison warden, but only draining it from the player side meant the only real strategy was relying on passives and just accepting that every match was going to take an extra turn or four.  Super boring.

When they run this event again, I *really* hope they rework the hazards, because this set wasn't great.  I do think the first two days have potential, although the first day needs to have more ways to actually interact with the tiles using abilities, the second day needs some way to prevent the tiles from stalling the entire game to a standstill, and the third needs to be redone completely to be something that isn't just "hey, your games all take a few extra turns for no particular reason" because that's not interesting.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Now that I'm deep into the third day I can fairly and sincerely say that I hate this event. The "special" tiles in day one and two were kinda a pain in the butt but the third day is pure hell slogging through Sentry goons while having all your ap stolen is just **** and not fun in the slightest. Add in how Dark Avengers heavy the event is and it's just a dud.
  • vernr1
    vernr1 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Well I finally found a good reason to work on my taxes.. it will be far more enjoyable then this event.

The hazard tiles are some of the worst things they have introduced into game in awhile, I will be skipping any events that include this type of tiny kitty dynamic..  

They need to fix existing bugs that nearly a year old instead of wasting time on stupidity like that. 

Decisions like these from the developers just drive drive me away further from the game. At one point I felt it was really great, now it’s far more of annoyance than enjoyment.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I don't get it, who wanted more randomness in the game. Now they even steal my ap! It's like they want the game to be not fun. 

On a positive note, between tha hazard tiles and sentries everywhere I guess I have a new "most hated" story event!
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    After having played through all refresh of this event I have to say this is easily the worst event developed. There is little to absolutely no puzzle aspect to the hazard tiles. They serve as nothing more than an added annoyance, paired with Ultron goons + Dark Avengers there was absolutely nothing enjoyable about this event. 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    No. In past events, the hazards were barely noticeable and pointless. In this event, they often became the main threat and shifted the gameplay in an undesirable way. They're the equivalent of all of the special items in later Mario Kart games — does racing even matter anymore, or is it just pure chaos?
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    herm1978 said:
    I don't get it, who wanted more randomness in the game. Now they even steal my ap! It's like they want the game to be not fun. 

On a positive note, between tha hazard tiles and sentries everywhere I guess I have a new "most hated" story event!
    This is currently my least favorite PvE event in the game now, i'm actually looking forward to Venom Bomb.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    The only instance in which I actually got to employ a strategy with these hazard tiles was once in the 5* node (CL9), and the hazard tiles that explode to do team damage were wiping me out because there were too may to address and they were doing 5K+ damage each time. I brought along Vulture hoping he could remove the countdowns — he can't! But he could go airborne over and over again while the hazards killed everyone else, enemies included.

I suppose Quake would have worked too, but I don't have her champed yet.