The Dukes of Hazard (tiles)

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    I love me some Hazard - Eden Hazard, Hazard, Kentucky, etc.
    I have played the first sub. It was challenging because I have 1-3 hazard tiles exploding per match and it deals about 1200+ damage. 80% of my roster has less than 7000 HP, so you can imagine how fast it wears down my characters. Add in the match damage and the cheap abilities from Daken and Ares, my roster was taken down quickly. Once again, Ares and Sentry are the stars of the night, killing my team easily.  It took me some time to finish the first 4 nodes due to my healthpacks running out. 

I have noticed Moonstone's ability shifting the neutral tiles as well. When I match the neutral tiles, 3* Dr Ock's and 3* Hawkeye's abilities kick in as well. Could it be that since it's neutral, therefore it's considered an enemy tile when abilities are activated? As long as it doesn't belong to my team, it's an enemy tile.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I never actually noticed they were there in previous events
    So, Moonstone, 3* Doc Oc, and 3* Haweye all have abilities that target "enemy special tiles" and that includes the 'neutral' hazards.
    But abilities that target "enemy countdown tiles" can not touch the hazards......
  • HoundofShadow
    edited February 2018
    3* Cap America can't overwrite the neutral tiles if I didn't remember wrongly.. I used him for the first sub.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I never actually noticed they were there in previous events
    3* Cap America can't overwrite the neutral tiles if I didn't remember wrongly.. I used him for the first sub.
    You have to have 5 covers on 3* Cap's Red or Blue for them to be able to target any tile. At 4 covers both abilities list the types of tiles you can target.
  • HoundofShadow
    @Blindman13

You are right. It does target neutral tile as well. 
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    No - those Good ol' boys belong in jail
    For the hazard titles that does damage use quake with 5 on her yellow power and you will be fine. Let all the titles explote and watch the enemy be decimate for those titles while you laugh
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 1/0/2 Quake fails to see the humor
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    My Quake is sitting on my vine, I am afraid to roster her in case I need the Hero Points to buy Health Packs.

On another note, what happened to the Hazzard Tile Neutrality?  Why are these new shield tiles only turning our protect tiles into theirs and not the other way around once in a while?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    You have to have 5 covers on 3* Cap's Red or Blue for them to be able to target any tile. At 4 covers both abilities list the types of tiles you can target.
    Great observation, and I love that Cap could finally have the chance to shine as a star player in this event!  TEAM CAP!!!  Run him with Battery Man...Sorry, Tony! I mean...Iron Man :lol: to give Cap plenty of red and blue.  

In the 5* game, or even just the 5* node, if you have Thor's Yellow you can flip friendly Protect tiles to Strike tiles before they get stolen. To flip them after they've been stolen, ask your Alliance for Medusa team ups. You can only get her hair meddle team up. Bide your time until you have 21 Yellow. Use the Medusa Team Up to steal & buff the Protect tiles, cast Smoldering Fire then immediately cast Raging Fire. Boom! Take that, Bo and Luke!

If you don't have Gambit to help you out, you could use Cloak & Dagger and flip her to Cloak ASAP to help generate Yellow tiles. If you don't have Gambit or C&D, I'm sorry.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Number of  times my special tiles and countdowns destroyed by exploding tiles first day. 106. Number of special tiles and countdowns destroyed for enemy teams in first day 19. 

And I love how they are supposed to be "neutral" but the resulting cascades only damage my team.

All in all the tiles are just  detrimental and annoying.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Pfff.... to me it seems this first sub of Fight For Wakanda is just another indication that all of this was NOT playtested beforehand. Having multiple 'neutral' tiles go off during for 2.2k dmg to everyone is just insane when there is almost no way of stopping it. I'm only playing this by the grace of having a champed Quake, I don't want to think what would happen if she was not champed. Most I've had to deal with is 4 'neutral' CD tiles reaching 0 on the same turn and while it is a great relief to see -4 for that on my team I feel really bad for those of us that don't have Quake in a playable state.

All things considered this feels like very poor implementation, and just an underhanded way of saying 'you are supposed to lose' yet again. Well, all I can hope for is that this whole event is reviewed immediately before it will run again and fixed acoordingly.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
    My Quake is sitting on my vine, I am afraid to roster her in case I need the Hero Points to buy Health Packs.

On another note, what happened to the Hazzard Tile Neutrality?  Why are these new shield tiles only turning our protect tiles into theirs and not the other way around once in a while?
    Reading the description this is what I believed was going to happen  and it didn't. This event is just bleh, second stage still better than the first though. Getting rid of shield is a lot more easier than "neutral" bombs that benefit the ai
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    These tiles are stupid and are due extremely in the favor of the AI as opposed to the hazard tiles in the Star Lord event.  Either reduce their damage or increase their countdowns. I can't understand how this was play tested with non-Quake rosters  and believed it was a good idea.  A 3 turn countdown is very quick and team damage is very powerful but in reality they are often 2 turn countdown tiles since they appear at the end of the players turn and instantly go to 2 on the AI turn.  Since the AI always gets free health every new fight and the player doesn't, this is extremely slanted in AI favor, which is not what the idea of hazard tiles should be.  When they fire, the AI also gets the benefit of any cascade damage  This isn't even counting the fact that enemies can utilize them in abilities....
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
    I’m finishing my final night shift so I needed a sandwich, I only had two small rolls and a hot cross bun though!

The latest hazard tiles are not too bad as they can hurt the AI too and the defensive ones required some thought and strategy but I’d rather the devs had spent time on something else like a new boss character for the story 

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    3-star Captain Marvel with 5 Red covers can destroy all enemy Protect tiles for the ridiculously low price of just 7 red AP. You want cascades on your own turn? You got 'em!
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Absolutely not. These tiles are so wholly stupid and pointless. They serve no "puzzle" aspect what so ever to the game. You either entirely luck out with placement or you're screwed and take team damage. And because this game doesn't take long enough to do the full 7 clears I'm so glad we have yet another stupid animation to have to wait and sit through when the tiles go off.

I'm surprised there wasn't some shameless, money grabbing promotion in the store to "help"/sell us health packs and a scant amount of 3* covers for this event.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Can't wait to see these fun and interactive tiles in PvP
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    I've just been through a 5* essential node that had it producing multitudes of the royal shields every turn. I couldn't steal the tiles fast enough and I only won the match because the AI Sentry suicided or else it would have gone on for a few more hours at 1 damage a turn. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just been through a 5* essential node that had it producing multitudes of the royal shields every turn. I couldn't steal the tiles fast enough and I only won the match because the AI Sentry suicided or else it would have gone on for a few more hours at 1 damage a turn. 
    I breezed through it with 4-star Venom (!!!) and Loki.  Venom with his passive at 5 knocks the shield strength down to 1.  Get 11 black, and suddenly all of those shield tiles become attack tiles for you, which gives you a double boost to Thor's red ability.  The only big chunk of damage I took was when a huge cascade of Red gave Sentry enough AP to Supernova.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    the exploding mines are more annoying, as you either get rid of them or it explodes. 

The royal shield is more fun, as you can now interact with the protect tiles. There are many characters that can benefit from the additional tiles 
    - 5 star Cap blue
    - 5 star Thor yellow (2nd cast)
    - Wasp
    - 4* Venom (Eddie brock) black 
    - 4* Falcap red 

I awaiting to see how the other hazard tiles are like