The Dukes of Hazard (tiles)

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    No - those Good ol' boys belong in jail
    Polly_P1 said:
    I really like them. I wish I would have gone in at sc8 instead of 9, but now that I know the damage they do I won’t make that mistake next time.  They add a whole new element to the game. Good Job.
    Well, if their desire was to push everyone down into the lower CLs, then they'll certainly achieve that. I look forward to seeing how many flips CL7 does next time they run this event. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
    All of my top guys have 4 hours heal now, whats up with that? Just silly. :/
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I never actually noticed they were there in previous events
    This sounds terrible. I am not excited for my turn to start.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    If Exploding Tech gives you a mental brake - Just...use...Quake!  :D
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    I love me some Hazard - Eden Hazard, Hazard, Kentucky, etc.
    How refreshing to see gameplay that involves a different strategy. Perhaps they could lower the damage slightly on the 5* nodes, but I do appreciate the options instead of the usual autowin the forum expects.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    The issue is that they flood the board so fast. If you get a match 4 and a cascade that can end up with like 4 to 6 more bombs coming at you
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Just want to say, Vision's Light Density works for those tiles. In the first loaner mission, he was taking 1 damage while the others took around 900.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    marshall said:
    How refreshing to see gameplay that involves a different strategy. Perhaps they could lower the damage slightly on the 5* nodes, but I do appreciate the options instead of the usual autowin the forum expects.
    The issue is that they flood the board so fast. If you get a match 4 and a cascade that can end up with like 4 to 6 more bombs coming at you
    I'd like to see tweaks and improvements instead of removing them, that's for sure. I welcome the challenge and getting to think from time to time in this game, but I'm willing to admit that these might have been too hard too strong to begin with. (which seems to be the reaction every time there's something new, but it takes some parsing to figure out if it actually needs tweaking or not)

Something like a limit to the number that can fall on a turn, so there's a threshold you could cross and any cascading past that wouldn't be dangerous, could be helpful.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    If Exploding Tech gives you a mental brake - Just...use...Quake!  :D
    Great for those of us that don't have a viable one to use...
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    JHawkInc said:
    Something like a limit to the number that can fall on a turn, so there's a threshold you could cross and any cascading past that wouldn't be dangerous, could be helpful.
    Tweaks are definitely required. I haven't had this many characters downed in SCL7 ever, and that includes those trolling 5* Gambit nodes in Simulator.

Some obvious suggestions (in addition to capping the spawn rate, which is probably the correct fix): 1) lower the damage.  2) keep the current damage levels, but only affect the front character on either side (this would actually make Vision somewhat effective).  3) Increase the countdown based on the number currently on the board.  4) allow appropriate powers (e.g. Redwing, Force Bubbles) to affect neutral tiles.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Wow, these tiles suck. It's effectively battling against more than 3 enemies. One could argue they do damage to both sides, but my team loses 'real' health and doesnt get to start another node at 100% health. 
    And those tiles come so plentiful, there's no real way of disposing of them in time.
    I like that the devs are spicing up events, but these tiles? No thank you. Makes me long for the geyser tiles.
  • marshall
    Make defensive characters great again! The board is the real enemy and the goal is to finish off the other team before they go off :smiley:
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc said:
    Tweaks are definitely required. I haven't had this many characters downed in SCL7 ever, and that includes those trolling 5* Gambit nodes in Simulator.

Some obvious suggestions (in addition to capping the spawn rate, which is probably the correct fix): 1) lower the damage.  2) keep the current damage levels, but only affect the front character on either side (this would actually make Vision somewhat effective).  3) Increase the countdown based on the number currently on the board.  4) allow appropriate powers (e.g. Redwing, Force Bubbles) to affect neutral tiles.
    Lowering damage might be all it needs. I doubt they'd do number 2 as a fix, because they might do it to create variety in the future (like, instead of "fixing" the Wakanda Hazards by making them single-target, they might just create new single-target Hazards for a different event, you know?). It is worth considering the damage based on whether they target one or the entire team, I just don't see it being used to improve this event directly.

Three is interesting, if each new tile had the countdown based on what's present, a huge cascade that adds a bunch of tiles would simultaneously include a safety net by slowing down the excess tiles. Not sure how easy it would be to program into the game, but it's an interesting mechanic.

But the big one would be your fourth point, I think. The old problem with Hazards is that they counted as enemy tiles, triggered on the enemy turn, gave the benefits of cascades to the enemy, and then in that one PVP triggered powers like Carol's passive for the enemy team. Neutral tiles are an improvement, but we've lost the ability to deal with them, even though they're still a threat. It's a weird hurdle the game will have to traverse (since it's based on team-vs-team gameplay, and we're talking about something that needs to behave like an enemy on our turn, but NOT behave like an enemy for the enemy turn, you know?) If we could still use the tools at our disposal to grapple with the new neutral hazards, they might not be as bad to deal with.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    They're fine, just overpowered. The board is a bigger threat than the enemy, and I don't think that should be.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    DAZ0273 said:
    The new Black Panther thingy features brand new hazard tiles, good or bad? Right or wrong? Discuss and/or vote.
    I hate Hazard tiles, especially when they do nothing to promote a strategic game.

"Oh look! Here's some bombs that you need to match away or they'll hurt your entire team, but when you match tiles to match them away, we're just going to drop more bombs in! Mwah hah ha!" - Evil Developer, probably.
  • JHawkInc
    JSP869 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    The new Black Panther thingy features brand new hazard tiles, good or bad? Right or wrong? Discuss and/or vote.
    I hate Hazard tiles, especially when they do nothing to promote a strategic game.

"Oh look! Here's some bombs that you need to match away or they'll hurt your entire team, but when you match tiles to match them away, we're just going to drop more bombs in! Mwah hah ha!" - Evil Developer, probably.
    I can understand not liking Hazard tiles or neutral board effects in general, and I can understand not being satisfied with how they're implemented or balanced, but when you say they do nothing to promote a strategic game and then immediately describe a situation that would require careful strategy to navigate it's hard to take you seriously.
  • Trilateralus
    Trilateralus Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    JSP869 said:
    DAZ0273 said:

How does this not promote strategy? Even if more bombs come in when you match them you’ve bought yourself more time and if that doesn’t work maybe you need a different strategy. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    thisone said:
    Where's the dude that said Quake sucks? He must have really annoyed that one dev who has got the I love Chloe Bennet stickers on his locker.
    i didn't say quake sucked. i asked if she sucked.

still not going to use her. well maybe i'll try her in the 5* essential node. 
  • marshall
    I find it interesting that the event seems well adapted for Black Panther to dominate with all those fortified tiles.

Tile spammers paired with Medusa should help build up extra life to absorb the blasts, otherwise KK and 3*Cap/Vision can spam powers and keep life high.
  • Waspin
    Waspin Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Hazards just serve to drain your heals.  Weak support cards die quickly since enemy ai likes to block match to protect them.  Hmm wonder why.  These are stupid not creative.  An obvious heal grab yet the rewards are the same including stupid boost cards that I never use