The Dukes of Hazard (tiles)

1234568»

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    No - those Good ol' boys belong in jail
    lmao at hazards supposedly being “neutral.” I was indifferent to them in Honor Among Thieves, didn’t like them in PVP especially w/ C4rol on the enemy team, and now I hate them. 
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Day 1 is still the most frustrating of these Hazard tiles.  Day 2 & 3 just becomes annoying when the protect tiles or the AP steal gets too much.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got to go with Day 3 as being the most frustrating.  The first three times I lost a random AP from one of my pools, it prevented me from activating an ability.  Nova is helpful, because he is boosted and his abilities are so cheap.  Vision is nice as well for the same reasons.  If you have 5-star Thor's green, he'll hit that damage threshold very quickly.
  • sambrookjm
    Also just noticed that 5-star Thanos's Infinite Power doesn't stop the countdown tiles from showing up.  Is that a bug, or is his Infinite Power not vaild when inside a collapsing mine?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to admit that I assumed the collapsing mine would involve some form of locked tiles which seemed to fit thematically. The AP drain is just tediously annoying.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Day 3: all the AP suck from gambit with the lag of Moonstone added some extra Daken for blandness mixed it up with minimal cut-scenes and this they give us instead of any updates for a whole season?
    that is lazier than 3* Elektra. shame shame shame. 

shame on you devs: D3/hyperion/demiurge/Josh Austin your the tinykitty worst! you treat your customers like a late night drive-through window giving out soggy garbage with no napkins - "No, I ordered NEW content"

"neutral tiles" ha ha tinykitty-ha

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Let's see, Day 1: There are a handful of characters out of roughly 150 that can mitigate these tiles, the most obvious being Quake. But I think I saw SCL 9 players saying these tiles were doing 9500 AoE damage in the 5* essential node. Unless she's boosted, Quake isn't gonna cover that, and even then, she probably wouldn't unless she was maxed. How many people have a max champed Quake?

Other options are Nightcrawler, who avoids AoE damage, but he doesn't bring his teammates along for the ride; Vulture, who can fly above the fray, but only by himself; and maybe Vision if he's boosted and you have five in yellow, but again, that's only him (and you have to suck up a slot with Vision). Sorry C4ge, but your protect tiles won't help much in these fights, especially since there aren't really enemies in this event who spam powers. 

EDIT: Also forgot the ones who can overwrite tiles, like St4r-Lord and 3* and 2* Cap. They'll probably have a tough time keeping up with all the tiles falling into place though. 

Day 2: There are a few more options to deal with the flipped protect tiles. Brock Venom seems like the best option. He can reduce enemy protects to 1, and his green would be pretty good with all those flipped tiles. Medusa's another option. Whether the protect is yours or the enemy's, she'll either heal or generate AP if they're matched. You can also buff and (briefly) steal them back with Hair Meddle, but then you're dealing with buffed protects if they flip back.

Wasp could be an option; flip and buff the protects to strikes right before the tile resolves. The problem with that is as new hazard tiles fall in and generate more protect tiles, if you try to buff and flip those, you'll also buff and flip any strike tiles you have in the board, and now the enemy team will get buffed protect tiles. Loki is actually a pretty decent option, as he can steal and flip all enemy protects to friendly strikes. No buffing, but it's a one way ticket. Once they go from enemy protects to friendly strikes, they won't flip back, and you can keep on stealing and flipping new protects. Captain Marv3l with five red covers will also destroy all enemy protect tiles. 

A slightly less better option is 5* Daredevil, who will steal and flip the enemy protects to friendly strikes while stunning the target, but the max number he can steal is four, and there are quite often many more on the board than that, so he's kind of limited in his utility. I won't even bother mentioning Moonstone, as she only steals one tile, which can get flipped right back. About the only other options are to bring strike tile spammers, who can overcome the combined protect tiles; someone with a massive board clear power, like Thing, X-Force Wolverine, Hood, 3* Black Widow, or 2* Mags; or someone like Squirrel Girl, who punishes the enemy for having A/P/S tiles out. 

Day 3: There's not a whole lot that can be done to counter these. 5* Gambit seems to be the obvious answer. Any battery character could help, but they still need to gather AP to get going. The best suggestion I can think of is that the ONLY time the tile steals AP is if it fully resolves, not whenever it ticks down. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love me some Hazard - Eden Hazard, Hazard, Kentucky, etc.
    I think the Exploding Tech is the most difficult sub simply because my roster was not that strong. Day 2 is fine because of these 3*:  Dr Ock, Hawkeye and Captain Marvel. I find that Day 3 is the easiest. It could be due to my using of Dr. Strange. All in all, I like this because it makes you think instead of grinding through all the nodes. I wonder if it affect those tappers greatly?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the Exploding Tech is the most difficult sub simply because my roster was not that strong. Day 2 is fine because of these 3*:  Dr Ock, Hawkeye and Captain Marvel. I find that Day 3 is the easiest. It could be due to my using of Dr. Strange. All in all, I like this because it makes you think instead of grinding through all the nodes. I wonder if it affect those tappers greatly?
    Oh, good thinking with 3* Doc Ock as an option to deal with the shield tiles. 

Overall, I didn't mind the event too much, but it definitely isn't high on my list of favorite PvEs. And you being up a good point: This event seems to be pretty unfriendly to tappers. That's worth something, at least. 
  • sambrookjm
    Did anyone else use Boosted Loki to flip the shield tiles?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:

Overall, I didn't mind the event too much, but it definitely isn't high on my list of favorite PvEs. And you being up a good point: This event seems to be pretty unfriendly to tappers. That's worth something, at least. 
    I've been doing SCL9 for several events now but dropped down to SCL8 for Wakanda. After initial clears I'd be in the teens, and before doing my final clears I'd sometimes be out into the 50-100, but after final clears I'd squeeze back into T20 again and actually managed to finish there, too, so I've wrangled two Panther covers for troubles.

I don't normally place that high (low?), and certainly not during a release event. I wonder if it's because the tappers didn't have as much of an advantage?
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
    JSP869 said:
    DarthDeVo said:

I've been doing SCL9 for several events now but dropped down to SCL8 for Wakanda. After initial clears I'd be in the teens, and before doing my final clears I'd sometimes be out into the 50-100, but after final clears I'd squeeze back into T20 again and actually managed to finish there, too, so I've wrangled two Panther covers for troubles.

I don't normally place that high (low?), and certainly not during a release event. I wonder if it's because the tappers didn't have as much of an advantage?
    I think it's that and the fact a lot of people didn't like this event
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    I bet not one  meaningful change will occur by the next time this event runs. Tons of feed back that is clear and concise and they will ignore it all.
  • Halleck
    Halleck Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Saying I love hazards might be a little strong. They're alright. They break up the monotony and staleness of Story Events a little, but the degree they liven things up or make under-utilized parts of my roster more interested is limited compared to say - how wave nodes can give slower characters more viability.

In Honor Among Thieves, on paper those hazards are a good fit with the Mindless Ones, but I rarely noticed or utilized them.

For Fight for Wakanda, the Day 2 Royal Shields added interest as I have a variety of characters that utilize special tiles. I'm more indifferent on the other two. I don't have any AoE mitigators. I guess I could leverage passive abilities more with the Collapsing Mine, but I lean on those heavily anyway.

As almost a side note, I'm completely fine with hazards not benefiting both teams equally. Matches themselves aren't perfectly symmetrical anyway (player always goes first, predictable AI, etc.) There are fair and good arguments that the effects could be balanced better, but I don't think approaching it from the angle of implementing a strict definition of "neutral" is the right way to make the case.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Also just noticed that 5-star Thanos's Infinite Power doesn't stop the countdown tiles from showing up.  Is that a bug, or is his Infinite Power not vaild when inside a collapsing mine?
    Normal tiles aren't being changed into hazard tiles: instead, there is a chance that new tiles entering the board will be hazard tiles.  So it isn't something I'd expect "no tiles may be destroyed or changed except by Thanos" to prevent.
  • Meanstrike
    Meanstrike Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    DAZ0273 said:
    The new Black Panther thingy features brand new hazard tiles, good or bad? Right or wrong? Discuss and/or vote.

I hate most hazard tiles cause I think they do not belong to the actual fight. For example the 3x3 exploding tiles if the first Black Panther round made more damage than the enemy team and this is stupid. I want to win or lose a game because of how I play and not because of some random tiles thrown in for no reason. In addition those tiles cause more need for healing and resting the own team.