The Dukes of Hazard (tiles)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    OJSP said:
    The Exploding Tech tiles are extremely unfair and awful making this first sub complete tinykitty to deal with.

-Drop too frequently + CD too short for the amount of damage coming down.

-Only benefits the enemy since they don't care about health packs

-Only explodes on enemy turn leading to them getting many, many cascades that rip my team apart with match damage + sudden AP for the cheap damage powers most of the dark avengers have.

This first sub is a low blow at forced health pack chugging and I'd rather play the last Shield Sim event that had you fighting the 5* Gambit nodes.
    Would it help to bring Quake in our team?
    I am guessing no since Quake explicitly affects enemy Powers, and hazard tiles ain't that.
    Quake does actually work, however my team is still getting ripped apart by the cascades that usually occur leading into onslaught's, chem reactions, sacrifice tile matches and supernova's which is no fun at all

OK, cool. Not going to complain about that Little bone...
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    No - those Good ol' boys belong in jail
    Quebbster said:
    OK, cool. Not going to complain about that Little bone...
    If you can stand tanking the damage it will also trigger X-enforcer and other damage taken powers.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love me some Hazard - Eden Hazard, Hazard, Kentucky, etc.
    Which SCL are you playing? 
  • MarcusGraves
    edited February 2018
    Which SCL are you playing? 
    SCL 7 because it's a new PvE and I had no idea what I'd be walking into + I don't have any of the 4* for it done and leveled . Glad I did because these are the damage numbers for the last 2 nodes and the 2/3/4* nodes

-Blinded by Science: 1.9k dmg
    -Crossed Wires: 1,669 dmg
    -Gamora node: 1.5k dmg
    -Vision node: 1.5K dmg
    -Ares node: 1,398 dmg

So that damage on top of sometimes I'll have 2-3 bombs drop down in one turn, or RNG will really decide I need to suffer and just keep the bombs rolling down turn after turn.

If I didn't have a Quake I really would just skip this PvE. I MUST use Quake in my teams or else I will quickly go through my characters and have to keep health packing my essentials cause of all the damage they'd take.

I think people could also use a Thing with a rank 5 Rock Solid and it should trigger off the bomb damage and poop out the protect tiles, but they could also get destroyed by the bomb's 3x3 AOE.   NM, forgot Thing's yellow has to be a targeted ally, not AOE.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    OJSP said:
    The Exploding Tech tiles are extremely unfair and awful making this first sub complete tinykitty to deal with.

-Drop too frequently + CD too short for the amount of damage coming down.

-Only benefits the enemy since they don't care about health packs

-Only explodes on enemy turn leading to them getting many, many cascades that rip my team apart with match damage + sudden AP for the cheap damage powers most of the dark avengers have.

This first sub is a low blow at forced health pack chugging and I'd rather play the last Shield Sim event that had you fighting the 5* Gambit nodes.
    Would it help to bring Quake in our team?
    I am guessing no since Quake explicitly affects enemy Powers, and hazard tiles ain't that.
    Quake does actually work,
    So I guess the Dev's read that Quake sucks thread and wanted to proove otherwise!
  • MarcusGraves
    DAZ0273 said:
    So I guess the Dev's read that Quake sucks thread and wanted to proove otherwise!
    I mean I enjoy Chloe Bennet as much as the next guy and get a lot of use out of her in various PvEs.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    What the !!  Will bonus rewards for health pack increase as a result of this?  What's the reasoning behind this totally unneeded 'improvement'?  This is like making a night at the circus more interesting by releasing some lions into the crowd to see who can survive!!

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I like 'em. One of the few tiles in the game Gambit can't overwrite. More of these!
  • Jesus Jones
    Are they supposed to be dropping with "1" turn on them?
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    I beat the fourth round of the Thor node on SCL 9 by using Elektra's red and black extensively- even Quake was getting destroyed at that level.
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Not a fan either. Looks like a money grab. 
  • Jesus Jones
    Oh this is so DAMN frustrating!!!  This is ridiculous!!  I have teams DYING FOR NO REASON!!
  • Jesus Jones
    Thoress/IM40/Lockjaw, downed by the board!!  Seriously!!!!
  • AlexNapalm
    AlexNapalm Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Vulture and Nightcrawler do great against these tiles but yeah, they certainly can eat up health packs. 
  • Jesus Jones
    Second attempt, IM40 tiles cleared by tech tiles, then the whole team downed by the board!!  This is **** idiotic!!
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I totall agree, posted in the Wakanda post, these tiles are making this event unplayable. 15 health packs down n only done 4 clears each on ares n vision nodes. Gonna skip this event n wait to get panther during venom bomb.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Glad I got 10 health packs from DDQ today. But champ Daredevil, boosted Thor and boosted Nightcrawler are doing fine
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    My sub hasn't started yet, but this event sounds hilarious. I'm looking forward to seeing what the deal is lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is Vision reducing the damage when his yellow is out?