The Dukes of Hazard (tiles)

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    No - those Good ol' boys belong in jail
    Is Vision reducing the damage when his yellow is out?
    I'm not in the event but vision doesn't mitigate damage to anyone but himself.  So that would probably keep him alive, but why he's terrible... lol

EDIT: Oh yeah he's required 3* this event isn't he?  Eh probably worth finding for the 3* essential node, can't imagine he's worth dragging around for anyone more than halfway into the 3* tier.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love me some Hazard - Eden Hazard, Hazard, Kentucky, etc.
    Right, he's required this story. I only just re-rostered him yesterday for this event, so mine won't be good enough to matter. Just curious really.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Will OBW increase the count downs on these tiles?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited February 2018
    I was also curious about that. Bagman can increase any countdown, friend or foe; maybe this is his time to shine?

Snarky Remark At 5 covers, for 7 yellow AP: The wise-cracking web-head befuddles his foe, increasing the timer on 2 selected Countdown tiles by 4 plus 1 for every Web tile (up to 10). Turns all Web tiles to basic tiles
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    They are neutral tiles. They cannot be manipulated with powers.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Neutral in the sense that both teams take damage. Not neutral in that they always detonate on AI turn and therefore any cascades help the AI, not you. I’m sure there’s no way to change that CD timer etc with current game tech, but still.

Watch that 5e tile damage.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Will OBW increase the count downs on these tiles?
    There ya go! Instead of complaining about the new hazards, start strategizing about them. 
    • Who can overwrite non-enemy tiles?
    • Who can mess with timers?
    • Tile-swappers can either match countdowns away or make match-4s / 5s to blow away a row with a CD in it.
    After my first round with them I knew that a regular feeder / nuke team just wasn't gonna cut it. I was trying out strategies with some of my less-played characters in order to save health packs. Th5r kept shaking the board up for me enough in the 5* node that most of the hazards matched themselves away. After getting knocked below 50% health, he synced nicely with Flaptain to flood the board with protect tiles to minimize my hazard damage while still letting it hit the enemy.

I appreciate your frustration, but honestly, I'm having a blast. Um. No pun intended (but I'm not gonna delete it either!).
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I never actually noticed they were there in previous events
    I haven't started yet (always play in slice 5), but I would think any of the following abilities would work against these hazard tiles (ther's probably more in 5* land, but I'm not there yet):
    • 5* Starlord green - random, but you might get lucky
    • Black Bolt green - if they are on the middle two rows
    • 4* Starlord purple - replace with a countdown
    • Chulk green - destroy a block of tiles
    • 4* Cyclops red (with 10 TU) - destroy the row
    • Thing green - random tiles, gotta be lucky
    • Gwenpool purple can target any row or column
    • 4* Wolverine green - again, need some luck and black - only works on one color
    • Devil Dino green - need luck
    • Quake blue - only works on one color, and random
    • 3* Cap red and blue can overwrite tiles
    • 3* Bullseye green can maybe create a match when there isn't one
    • 3* Rocket & Groot green - if they are in the middle of the board
    • 3* Cyclops red - random
    • She-hulk red if they are near the bottom of the board
    • 3* Starlord green - again random, but you might get lucky
    • Ragnarok green - more random
    • Hood yellow - destroys two blocks of tiles
    Now that I put that together I see that a majority of the list requires some luck for it to work.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    What the !!  Will bonus rewards for health pack increase as a result of this?  What's the reasoning behind this totally unneeded 'improvement'?  This is like making a night at the circus more interesting by releasing some lions into the crowd to see who can survive!!

//Removed Profanity -Brigby

Because people complained about wanting new events rather than new characters so like candy crush they invented new tiles to introduce new game play. Obvious they would select the ones that will chew up the most health packs to increase revenue :-)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Main Event Hulk any use here, to get that free swap at the beginning of a turn?
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hungry - I might have a sandwich
    Lose them already. No fun.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Rogue red would work too
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Does Spider-Woman's purple remove them? 
  • Ir0nF1sh
    Ir0nF1sh Posts: 52 Match Maker
    It’s not that people can’t get characters to get rid of them. It’s the fact they do so much damage before you get enough colours together to use a power. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always play S1 so it was a surprise but I like the challange. My only issue is that while this is new a cool, there are too many other outstanding issues that need to be addressed but we get this instead. 
  • qandols
    edited February 2018
    Feels like playing ebola or worse, not a normal foe a all. Have they test played this at all?
  • qandols
    Has got to be the dumbest novelty yet, what do y'all think?
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I really like them. I wish I would have gone in at sc8 instead of 9, but now that I know the damage they do I won’t make that mistake next time.  They add a whole new element to the game. Good Job.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    And the next subs have different types of tiles, so it could get better (or worse)
  • qandols
    Good for you. I do not agree though.