[Resolved] ]Lost 5* Strange, No help in sight.

Options
d90
d90 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Recently, I woke up and went to play ddq like I have for the past 1060 days in game. I noticed I had more iso than when I went to sleep. I then checked my roster thoroughly, and found that my level 453 5* Dr strange had been sold from my roster. I did not sell this toon, nor did I want to. 

I created a customer service ticket, and they responded that they would not take action. After at least 3 requests to escalate the issue, I received this response. 
Content removed for being in violation of Rule 7.
When I read this I felt awful. I can't even enumerate the hours and dollars spent. I'm no whale, but I've spent over 700 USD on VIP and Starks. I asked in line rooms and the unanimous advise was "pm brigby". I did this, practically begging for him to advocate for me.

Brigby said this 
Content removed for being in violation of Rule 7.

He's referring to a single green punisher max cover that was restored on Jan 2nd 2017, almost a full year ago. I think that the magnitude of a 16 cover 5* just lost completely trumps a 4* cover of any kind. I'm at a complete loss, and devastated that I'm stuck in this situation. 

I responded asking for him to reconsider, but they are all away from the holidays. I doubt i'll get any response until at least the 2nd or 3rd. 

I decided to share my experience in the hope that, withe enough community support (that's you!) they might take another look. Maybe it's not too late for a Christmas miracle. 

*Private message content removal: fight4thedream

Tagged:

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So you've accidentally sold a character before, and gone and done it again. Its hard to be sympathetic if you've been careless twice. 
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    D90:
    i saw a great post earlier in the day about the things that are good and not so good about the game. Your situation falls into the ‘CS is inconsistent at best’ scenario. 
    Its crazy to think that anyone would sell a 5* for 100k iso and a pve sub worth of HP. Two days of effort with your roster at best. So crazy that you’d think this would be one of the EASY CS emails that they would send throughout the week. 

CS - he isn’t asking for anything that anyone here wouldn’t give him. No one would begrudge him for this and as your email said - he last asked for help a year ago. A YEAR AGO. He has been a dutiful and faithful customer for nearly three years, plays EVERY SINGLE DAY and has had one accident in what - 2 or 3 thousands of hours of play? One stray button press that wasn’t even him?

It is insanity that this is even an issue. But it should surprise no one here, and THATS the issue. 

Awarnica
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So you've accidentally sold a character before, and gone and done it again. Its hard to be sympathetic if you've been careless twice. 
    Extra harsh coming from one Nick to another, but I have to agree... The game doesn't sell a character by itself, so you must have accidentally done it yourself...
    Still very painful.
  • y4747
    y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    so easily fixable, and it's not like it gives you any unfair advantage. if they feel like the 100k iso is a huge deal, they can just deduct it. it's not like they can even say "if we give it to you, everyone will want to do it". this is a pretty rare occurrence, thankfully. this isn't even in the category of swapping covers.

seems like a no-brainer, really. i hope they realize that and get it done.
  • MacEifer
    MacEifer Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Been on the CS side of things for a while. You have no idea how many broken individuals sell and restore stuff that you would normally consider being absolutely knuckleheaded to let go off. Endgame characters that people built for 3 years including 300 items? Meticulously destroyed, item by item, then deleted. You ask why, they tell you they didn't feel like playing the anymore a week ago. You restore it, tell the person to not do it again, week later character is gone and they're asking for it to be restored again. The company I worked for literally, as in the actual word, literally, literally paid millions in staff wages for all the restorations until a zero tolerance policy was put in place and enforced.
    While it may seem draconic, customer support costs money. If they have a zero tolerance or one-time policy, they have it for a reason.
  • GibbletsGrabber
    GibbletsGrabber Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I feel for your loss, but to be a devils advocate CS must look at it as a move done from within your account. 

How is can that even happen?

Don’t play intoxicated or let your partner play, is the expensive lesson from their perspective.

Your true choice is to discontinue support if you feel game makers. Don’t think any amount of support here will change CS outcome
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Yet certain players who won't be named can delete their entire roster, post video of deletion, miraculously have entire roster restored a few days later...
    This.  It was surreal being hit by someone who had deleted their whole roster only days earlier.

Their policy on name changes also seems inconsistent, or some would say ridiculous.

*Removed references to players - Ducky
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I fell asleep playing the game once and accidently bought heroic 40 pack. It was the worst 40 pack ever too. had like 4 3*s and no 4*s.
    I always put the game down now well before I pass out, selling off one of my preciouses by accident is way too scary
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MacEifer said:
    Been on the CS side of things for a while. You have no idea how many broken individuals sell and restore stuff that you would normally consider being absolutely knuckleheaded to let go off. Endgame characters that people built for 3 years including 300 items? Meticulously destroyed, item by item, then deleted. You ask why, they tell you they didn't feel like playing the anymore a week ago. You restore it, tell the person to not do it again, week later character is gone and they're asking for it to be restored again. The company I worked for literally, as in the actual word, literally, literally paid millions in staff wages for all the restorations until a zero tolerance policy was put in place and enforced.
    While it may seem draconic, customer support costs money. If they have a zero tolerance or one-time policy, they have it for a reason.
    Now, see...that's where the greyness comes into customer service.

There should be a consideration of benefit of the doubt. Mis-clicks happen. Mistakes happen. Your example of someone serially abusing the system is an example of someone who needs to be told No.

If TC is telling the whole truth, this is maybe the second incident in 12-18 months, say. And it's not even the same issue. One was an accidental selling of a cover, the other is the deletion of a 5* character.

There should be some benefit-of-the-doubt applied here. Maybe put a little note on his account to say what has been done and when (like they already do) and just keep an eye on it. I think a "Well we helped you once, we can therefore never help you again" is a little harsh.

Again, I'd understand the problem if this was the 4th time the TC had done this since July or something.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Extra harsh coming from one Nick to another, but I have to agree... The game doesn't sell a character by itself, so you must have accidentally done it yourself...
    Still very painful.
    I got to agree with both of you. There is even a second menu after you press to sell that asks you if you are sure and to confirm, so it's really hard to sell a rostered character since you have to press it twice to do it. It does suck though. I would be angry too, but unless someone else was playing on your phone then your just TinnyKittied out. Even then It would be super difficult to prove.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Eons back I had 2 pending black suit spidey green in queue while I was waiting to see if I could pull the last blue I needed to champ and apply the covers.  Accidentally rostered one while I was going through other pending rewards.  Wrote CS and got stonewalled.  

The frustration is that people get away with doing a whole let worse intentionally and have it fixed without batting an eye.  Same way many people have gotten 1x exceptions for all kinds of things that many other people can’t.  It’s the nature of CS, especially in this realm.  Name changes still happen even though that was supposedly shut down 2 years ago now.  Just depends on who you are.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Yet certain players who won't be named can delete their entire roster, post video of deletion, miraculously have entire roster restored a few days later...

Welllllll he did have evidence that the roster was deleted, not disappeared.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still very painful.
    They could definitely improve the UI to make it less likely though.  How about not putting the sell button in the same place as  the "scroll left" button on the character info screens?  I'm sure that combined with the way many people grow muscle memory to close dialog boxes as they come up has resulted in many unwanted sales.
  • d90
    d90 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Look I get what you're all saying. The "be more careful" lines are all well and good, but I maintain that I didn't sell it. The way the UI is designed, you could put the phone in your pocket and buy stuff just by the phone going around in your pocket. Even if they, with all finality, say no, at least a little more light is shed in this situation. What id like to see, is a better system for selling high level characters. Many games require you to physically type the word delete or sell to do those actions. A 2yo could grab your phone and hose 2-3 years worth of game time. . . A confirm button is not enough for 5*. 
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    **Mod Mode: ON**

While I do sympathize with d90's situation, posting private messages either from the forum or emails from CS is a violation of rule 7. Please refrain from doing so in the future. Thank you.

**Mod Mode: OFF**

On a more personal note, I hope you are able to get your 5* Strange back. 
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Here is the issue though. 

SOMETIMES CS will grant these requests. Swapping ineligible covers. Giving away free 5* covers. Restoring rosters. 

SOMETIMES they will not. 

Its difficult when you read threads describing cheaters and hackers who benefit from CS, who flaunt their swaps and benefits in non-forum (line) arenas, to be an honest player making an honest mistake and not see where you can get a break. The problem here is that CS has a grey area and something that seems like an honest mistake (like this) is denied, while someone swapping dozens of classic covers obtained by maybe nefarious methods is catered towards. 

In real life I’m in a supervisory role in a software company where I review billing to customers and decide what is support (not billed) and what isn’t (and thus is billed). I strive to make the grey areas disappear. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've seen various other games that have a "lock" feature on characters: in addition to the regular confirmation dialog, the lock must first be removed from the character before selling it or any other potentially destructive actions.