[Resolved] ]Lost 5* Strange, No help in sight.

Options

Comments

• d90
    d90 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Still nothing. 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    @d90 you need to sell off your entire roster, make a video, post it and say "I'm done, I quit, I will never return" and then ask for a restore to get your strange back. You missed a few steps there.

On a serious note, the question is why isn't CS more consistent?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Not to derail, but something like this probably happens often enough that it may be worth creating an in game restore feature with some kind of penalty. Maybe 10%? 20%? Even 50% above the iso and hp sellback.

For example, if I decide to (or accidentally) sell my maxed IM40 for the 105K iso + 500 hps and decide having the 266 was much more valuable than my new one then with a 20% penalty I could buy it back for 126k iso and 600 hps.
    I don't know what a 453 5* sells for but I'm sure 20% would be well worth it to the op to get back.

This could even be extended to covers on the vine. To many people it would probably be worth some iso so extend the viability of a cover beyond the 14 days currently given. Kind of like paying off the interest on a pawn shop ticket.

I can see this could be abused of characters that get reworked, like selling Gambit now then rebuying when he reverts to a lower price, but as long as the price is tied to what it was when sold instead of current value then no problems.

Ahhh like a reverse Restocking fee. I dig it
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I rather see a lock your roster option in settings so you cant accidentally sell a 5 star
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby Can we get an official statement on this?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Then it's just waiting for someone who pushes the button after 'are you really really really really really really sure?'
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Um, didn't you say that you didn't delete it, and it was just gone overnight?
    How would more confirmation change that?
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's say you fall asleep doing those initial clears of the next sub cause you chose slice 4 and it's just a bit too late for you to stay up. There's no knowing what parts of the screen might register "touches" and various things could happen. People have reported waking up to having bought a heroic 40-pack or selling characters. All these "transactions" take is pushing the original button to do it and then one single "Are you sure you want to do this" button. OP suggested having to actually type in something as opposed to just touching a button. I imagine it will be much harder for an asleep person (or small child that can't read/type) to input a specific string of characters as opposed to just touching a button on screen.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 977 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ok, let's implement a system where you have to type in everything, like 'buy heroic 40-pack', to prevent the MPQ version of buttdialing. I wonder how soon that becomes tedious.
    I understand that it sucks if you press the wrong buttons for whatever reason, but that is what the confirmation button is for. Why put in another safety? It would only annoy 99% of the other players.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A member of a friendly alliance sold his biggest characte R&G4 inadvertently while trying to grind PVE and party on NYE at the same time. They said tough luck.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    A member of a friendly alliance sold his biggest characte R&G4 inadvertently while trying to grind PVE and party on NYE at the same time. They said tough luck.

The choices we make sometimes....
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dont play MPQ after drinking. Its all very simple. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,326 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I’m going to guess they lose about 50-60% of the playerbase then.  Or at least 80% of iso sales.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I’m going to guess they lose about 50-60% of the playerbase then.  Or at least 80% of iso sales.

Not a big problem, 80% of nothing is still nothing.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Friends don't let friends drink and MPQ :) Seriously though it's a bad idea from multiple counts, so many drunk buys....
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Drunk hops are the BEST!!!!!  Just ask my teammates.  
  • d90
    d90 Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yes I maintain the fact that I did not delete it. Being pragmatic, I can say that it is possible that my account was accessed by someone else, or the dog stepped on it, or it bounced around in my pocket and was deleted in some other way. It's also possible that I sneezed at the exact moment the UI "are you sure" button popped up, and a droplet of spittle landed on the button, confirming it on my capacitive touch screen without my knowledge.

My point is that something as huge as selling a 5* champ should have more protection on it as it takes much longer to obtain and build than any other resource in the game, at this point in time. I would guess that the sale of 5* champ'd toons is rare to begin with. 

• Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    d90 said:
    Yes I maintain the fact that I did not delete it. Being pragmatic, I can say that it is possible that my account was accessed by someone else, or the dog stepped on it, or it bounced around in my pocket and was deleted in some other way. It's also possible that I sneezed at the exact moment the UI "are you sure" button popped up, and a droplet of spittle landed on the button, confirming it on my capacitive touch screen without my knowledge.

My point is that something as huge as selling a 5* champ should have more protection on it as it takes much longer to obtain and build than any other resource in the game, at this point in time. I would guess that the sale of 5* champ'd toons is rare to begin with. 

Though I believe you about not selling it on purpose... spittle does not activate a touch screen. That’s not how capactivite screens work, they aren’t that sensitive. In fact, liquid on the screen can make it unresponsive to your fingers because it creates a barrier between your screen and your finger. If a sneeze were involved, it would be more likely that your finger slipped due to the knee-jerk reaction during the sneeze. 
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad there was a resolution to this, but I'd like to hear if they're actually going to change anything about the process.  Cases like this shouldn't really ever need to come up in the first place.