R141 Release Notes (12/7/17)

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I rather a delayed update rather than a broken update.
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    I’m sure it had something to do with Colossus throwing nova airborne while black strike tiles were out while vulture had his green countdown on the board...all with the animations turned off...

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We know that the usual release date for patch updates are on Mondays, however the team noticed a significant enough bug to decide to push it back to later this week. We apologize for the delay, however we decided that delaying the build to fix this issue would've been better than pushing the build out on time, but having players encounter this error.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Sounds like the much bigger inconvenience would've been dealing with the bug. Thank you. Getting it right is more important. 
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I suspect that the animations didn't take kindly to having an off switch, and have launched a counter-attack.
    West World all over again....

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering which bugs weren't considered game breaking enough to hold back a patch release, I can only imagine HOW bad this must be. Wow.
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Bowgentle said:
    Considering which bugs weren't considered game breaking enough to hold back a patch release, I can only imagine HOW bad this must be. Wow.
    But many of those were probably bugs they didn't know about until after release when players encountered and reported them. We can only guess at which ones were known about beforehand and they just pushed the update regardless.

Good decision, anyway. Always better to fix things beforehand and just let us wait a little longer.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, having a working, playable game is always better than a having a very slightly modified game. There's no rush.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    I'm glad they're waiting til everything is working to release the path, but at the same time I am so hyped to disable animations and see how much quicker matches go.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I haven't been this excited for a patch since championing. I just cannot wait to disable those animations. I will not miss you Daken with your chemical reaction every 3 turns. 
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    At the last second, someone probably realized it was only for heroes/villains and not goons lol
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Anon said:
    Why can't it be both?
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Light and Dark?

Sounds like a "third" Ragnarok character to me.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Why can't it be both?
    Just you wait.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    With all of the other awful things going on with this game including customer support not fixing issues, this news, really, really sucks.
    Wasting way too much time and money and getting too little in return.

The details of the release never should have been released if they were unable to do they work they intended.  It's a huge, huge disappointment when this improvement was supposed to greatly improve a game that just progressively leeches more time from you.

• BlackWidower
    edited December 2017
    JHawkInc said:
    With all of the other awful things going on with this game including customer support not fixing issues, this news, really, really sucks.

The details of the release never should have been released if they were unable to do they work they intended.  It's a huge, huge disappointment when this improvement was supposed to greatly improve a game that just progressively leeches more time from you.

So they should have retroactively not announced something in anticipation of a bug they didn't know they would find because it hurt your feelings too much to find out it would be delayed?
    Why would you release information about something that is potentially bugged?  It would only make sense to have tested this out prior to releasing the information - especially on something that is impending.  If it was tested properly, there wouldn't be any bugs come the date when it was supposed to be implemented.  It's not like this needed to be rushed.

Trust me, my "feeling are not hurt".  This forum just doesn't allow me to share an accurate take on this situation.
  • Keirain1982
    Keirain1982 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    JHawkInc said:

So they should have retroactively not announced something in anticipation of a bug they didn't know they would find because it hurt your feelings too much to find out it would be delayed?
    Why would you release information about something that is potentially bugged?  It would only make sense to have tested this out prior to releasing the information - especially on something that is impending.  If it was tested properly, there wouldn't be any bugs come the date when it was supposed to be implemented.  It's not like this needed to be rushed.

Trust me, my "feeling are not hurt".  This forum just doesn't allow me to share an accurate take on this situation.

I think they've written it like that to explain that they've had to put it back in order to get it right. Sounds to me like they're just trying to keep us in the loop.
    You can't really blame them when they're getting so much criticism from so many forum members.
  • BlackWidower

I think they've written it like that to explain that they've had to put it back in order to get it right. Sounds to me like they're just trying to keep us in the loop.
    You can't really blame them when they're getting so much criticism from so many forum members.
    I agree with you to a certain point.  And don't get me wrong, I am not shooting the messenger.  It's the people who feed information to the messenger I have a problem with.
    Brigby has been extremely helpful to me, so it's nothing against him.

It's just I don't think they should announce a change this drastic as an upcoming change and then snatch it away because they didn't bother to work out the logistics.

I am having a bunch of issues with the game, so I'm just a bit grumpy.  Will get over it.