R141 Release Notes (12/7/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited December 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Here are the Release Notes for the R141 update!

MPQ R141!
  • “Treading the line between light and dark”

What's Changed:
  • Character animations can now be turned off by deselecting the Character Effects checkbox in the Options menu.
  • Shields in Versus battles will now break correctly when the network is disabled *New Update*
  • User Interface updates to the Mobile version of the game
    • The top portion of the battle screen is no longer scrollable
    • A button has been added to the enemy side to help toggle between what character is in the front position
    • The crosses that indicate character health have been replaced with a more readable health bar
    • The AP Bar will now display the AP received, when it is gained by a Passive power.

• Reduced loading for new players on iOS devices
  • Known Issue: Nightcrawler's allies sometimes take increased damage when team damage is dealt to his team.

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Brigby said:

• Character animations can now be turned off by deselecting the Character Effects checkbox in the Options menu.
    :heart::heart::heart:

Nothing against the artists, but I've seen every single animation at least a dozen times. Many of them thousands of times.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Man, that's a huge change being able to turn off animations. That'll speed things up significantly. 
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:

:snip:

:snip:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

This change is a topic for debating for quite some time. But to me, anything that shorten the amount of play-time is a big plus.

If I may, can we extend this to all the banners as well ?
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    This is great news.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    i can't wait to try Carndusa, post update!
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Very cool.

Not what I was expecting, but I like it.

The team cycling is actually a huge plus for me.  No more fat-fingering the "select" versus cycle option.

Data mining request: please compare top teams used after this change goes live - I strongly suspect some characters (those with slow passive animations) will see FAR more use after this - especially in competitive PvP.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow, that is a giant buff for HE! Unless of course.. it doesn't actually do anything but not show the art and every thing just takes exactly as long.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Character hint? I thought we knew everyone coming out in the near future.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is awesome!!!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    I....i don't know what to do with all the spare time.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    alaeth said:

Data mining request: please compare top teams used after this change goes live - I strongly suspect some characters (those with slow passive animations) will see FAR more use after this - especially in competitive PvP.
    I would use those teams as defensive deterrents which obviously will no longer be a viable strategy.  Still, my offense getting faster makes it entirely worth it!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    broll said:
    Nice UI changes. Can we get an option to show health percentage number?  Maybe a toggle between HP and %. 

Also I’m not a fan of the ability to disable animations. (Imagine that I have an unpopular opinion). Now anyone that wants to be even slightly competitive has to turn them off like it or not.  I enjoy them, but now I won’t be seeing them anymore. It’s a shame. 
    Assuming it actually plays faster, the time we get back on our grind will be non-trivial, and it will make animations not a balancing factor in deciding who to play.  That's good.

Seeing the animation pop up after Mockingbird triggers, to find out what power got cast, is more fun than reading a banner, but I like the time back more.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Nice UI changes. Can we get an option to show health percentage number?  Maybe a toggle between HP and %. 

Also I’m not a fan of the ability to disable animations. (Imagine that I have an unpopular opinion). Now anyone that wants to be even slightly competitive has to turn them off like it or not.  I enjoy them, but now I won’t be seeing them anymore. It’s a shame. 
    Assuming it actually plays faster, the time we get back on our grind will be non-trivial, and it will make animations not a balancing factor in deciding who to play.  That's good.

Seeing the animation pop up after Mockingbird triggers, to find out what power got cast, is more fun than reading a banner, but I like the time back more.
    I know it will be non-trivial, that's why it will be a virtual requirement for anyone that cares about not dropping down drastically in ranks...  I'm just worried that for me this will kill my enjoyment of the gameplay and lead to it just being a boring job that I quit.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm guessing with that character hint....  NAMOR!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    No guesses yet? Robbie Reyes seems like the obvious choice... which means it’s wrong? Treading (tires of his car) between light and dark (because his head is on fire, light, and his leather is black, dark. J.k. I’m aware it’s the “trying to be a good demon” thing). Also, Agents of SHIELD related.
    I will miss Spidey and Gwen’s flippy-flippy game play. Guess I’ll have to toggle animations on at start of PVP, and back off halfway through. And no animations in PVE ever again. That might save 20 minutes a day. I could use 15 of those to save a ton of money by switching to Geico! I can still use Deadpool daily to enjoy watching animations I suppose. I’ll be sure to change up my Big Enchilada team regularly in fact.
  • bones
    bones Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    broll said:

So glad the devs are finally tackling the UI!

I also like the idea of a % toggle. Would be useful for characters like DD 5*, Punisher 3*, etc.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Can we also get reimbursement for the hundreds of thousands of collective hours that we've spent watching Carnage and 5* Hawkeye animations? :D
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoa, super cool changes!