R141 Release Notes (12/7/17)

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    “Treading the line between light and dark”

We already have Cloak and Dagger. Hmm, not sure who it could be.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Whoa seems its actually dazzler for real this time
  • Newmanium
    Newmanium Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited December 2017
    Wow! Now I don't get to see animations OR read storylines if I wanna place decently in PvE! Why am I playing this game again...?  :/

I also like the health % idea. Would be helpful with Drax, Yondu etc...
  • Anon
    Newmanium said:
    Wow! Now I don't get to see animations OR read storylines if I wanna place decently in PvE! Why am I playing this game again...?  :/
    It' an option, not a forced change.
  • Anon
    broll said:
    Anon said:
    Newmanium said:
    It's an option to do steroids or not in a competition where steroids are allowed.  Everyone who cares is gonna juice, everyone who doesn't is going to loose (sorry lose I just wanted ti to rhyme :-p)
    It's still an option! Live and let live!
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker

Also, can we turn off the pointless animation for the vault?!

I would cheer for this. It’s such a little thing, but every game these days has a silly unlock animation for it’s prizes, loot crates, whatever, and I hate them all.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    • “Treading the line between light and dark”

Malekith

Mr Negative

Perhaps it's time for that long-awaited Twilight crossover character

Or even better, Twilight Sparkle herself

The Grandmaster, playing Othello

Dazzler

Namor (treading water, perhaps), if so I hope he's based on the John Byrne version, that was mighty

The Living Aldis Lamp

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone,

Here are the Pre-Release Notes for the upcoming R141 update!

MPQ R141!
    • “Treading the line between light and dark”

I love these UI changes and I'm extremely happy about being able to turn animations off, although that does basically mean that anyone playing very competitively for placement or higher PvP progression rewards will be forced to turn them off whether they want to or not so as to be able to maintain an edge. It would be able to have some more control here as well. For example, I wouldn't mind being able to keep on animations for active abilities and being able to separately turn off animations for passive abilities (as these are the ones that can stack and make me roll my eyes in frustration.)

ALSO, A CLUE! It's been ages. My first guess for this would have been Cloak & Dagger, but we obviously already have them. Based on the fact that Christmas is coming up, I believe they'll be running the Apocalypse Boss event again. They also mentioned that we'd be seeing more X-Men before the year was up, did they not? Based on that, I'm expecting another X-Men character. Possibilities include:

1) KITTY PRYDE / SHADOWCAT.
    2) Magik (another teleporter that literally enters Limbo / a demon dimension when teleporting.)
    3) Angel / Archangel (if we are getting the Apocalypse boss event again AND a 3/5* release, he'd be the most obvious choice to me. I'd very happily welcome him to the game, even if it means postponing Kitty Pryde even longer.
    4) AoA Nightcrawler or Dark Beast. Since we just got a Nightcrawler, he's unlikely. I would like a playable 4* Beast, however.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas said:
    I'm guessing with that character hint....  NAMOR!
    Illuminati confirmed.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    “Treading the line between light and dark”

Disco dancing - an activity which you dance in the dark, but with the disco ball shining beams of light, you are actually transiting between light and dark. 

Dazzler confirmed!

On a more serious note, i wonder which character has a “light” and “dark” persona? 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    For better or worse animation is part of the game. I wouldn't change/remove.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    Anon said:
    Newmanium said:
    It's an option to do steroids or not in a competition where steroids are allowed.  Everyone who cares is gonna juice, everyone who doesn't is going to loose (sorry lose I just wanted ti to rhyme :-p)
    Dont worry! 
    People who tap in PVE (overclear some nodes 100+ times) will get the first places, especially since they will now have the option to disable animations for even more tap/hour. 

Maybe @Brigby will tell our concern to the devs.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Newmanium said:

How much time is it really gonna shave off?? I don't play super competitive but I'll do max progression and still usually finish in the top 100. I for one will be turning animations off but I wouldn't expect to suddenly drop out of the top 100 if I decided to leave them on. 

I think it's great their finally focusing on little changes like these. They seem small but go a long way in keeping players happy and interested in the game.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Newmanium said:

How much time is it really gonna shave off?? I don't play super competitive but I'll do max progression and still usually finish in the top 100. I for one will be turning animations off but I wouldn't expect to suddenly drop out of the top 100 if I decided to leave them on. 

I think it's great their finally focusing on little changes like these. They seem small but go a long way in keeping players happy and interested in the game.
    It can/will make a difference for people looking for top 5/10. Not for people looking for top 100.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    It sure would be helpful to have some kind of visible health thresholds for characters with abilities where this matters. It'd be nice to not have to make a guess on whether an enemy is at 40% or not when I use 3* Punisher's red ability, or when I should start matching TU tiles when 3* Rocket and Groot are low on health. Either optional percentage indicators or little bars seem like they would do the trick. Even with 5* DD and his passive healing, it would be great to know when I can expect his strike tiles to appear.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Newmanium said:

It can/will make a difference for people looking for top 5/10. Not for people looking for top 100.
    Exactly. So that small small small percentage of players will be playing with animations off anyways. It really doesn't matter what the rest of us do. I just love the fact that I can put the game down 5-10 mins sooner after grinding all those PvE nodes. :smiley:
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    I don’t see why so many people are upset that they are allowing us to skip animations. I suppose they would prefer if they removed the ability to skip cutscene chats and everyone had to read through the story every time you played a node.

Thanks devs for the QoL change!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Newmanium said:

Exactly. So that small small small percentage of players will be playing with animations off anyways. It really doesn't matter what the rest of us do. I just love the fact that I can put the game down 5-10 mins sooner after grinding all those PvE nodes. :smiley:

Well that small small small percentage need their Top placement for new character covers to fully participate in Shield Training :P