R141 Release Notes (12/7/17)

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    I had a thought. What if they modified the animations. Shrink them down and play them over the character portraits instead of the puzzle area. That way they could still fire but players could still play thru / during them. (If too many fired they could queue up or skip some)

@Brigby
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Treading the line between light and dark seems like either a vigilante, or someone who has played for both sides.

Punisher? Emma Frost? Angel? Magneto?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,605 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    Treading the line between light and dark seems like either a vigilante, or someone who has played for both sides.

Punisher? Emma Frost? Angel? Magneto?
    With MPQ character clues, that is the most certain way to determine that it is not any of those characters or one like them. Morality issues are out the window.

Instead it's more likely to be someone like Monica Rambeau, aka Spectrum (also Captain Marvel WAY before Carol was). Or maybe Living Laser (light based character, but dark because he's a villain). Or something like a hero who spends a lot of time in the Dark Dimension or Negative Zone or something.

Whatever it is, it's almost never as obvious as we think it is going to be.
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    “Treading the line between light and dark”

Kylo Ren
    Makes sense considering the movie tie in
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    The name for the line between light and dark (of a planetoid) is the terminator, so incoming 5* Arnie!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAZ0273 said:
    The name for the line between light and dark (of a planetoid) is the terminator, so incoming 5* Arnie!
    You might be on to something there actually. Not Ahhhnold, but Terminator, a cyborg assassin. 4* Deathlock.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    DAZ0273 said:
    You might be on to something there actually. Not Ahhhnold, but Terminator, a cyborg assassin. 4* Deathlock.
    Well it was a joke but I would be happy with Deathlok, he is a fave!

• BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Character guess: Domino for Deadpool 2.
  • dlegendary0ne
    dlegendary0ne Posts: 93 Match Maker
    broll said:
    Nice UI changes. Can we get an option to show health percentage number?  Maybe a toggle between HP and %. 

Also I’m not a fan of the ability to disable animations. (Imagine that I have an unpopular opinion). Now anyone that wants to be even slightly competitive has to turn them off like it or not.  I enjoy them, but now I won’t be seeing them anymore. It’s a shame. 
    I agree.  This change pretty much requires anyone who wants to be competitive to disable animations.  I enjoy them most of the time, but lower play time might be worth it, especially since now, no character is inhibited by slow animations.
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    jredd said:
    quality of life improvements keep coming! kudos to that!

one thing i'd like to see is a 'repeat battle' button that shows up after you win during the 'victory' banner. restarts the node from the start without going through all the claim rewards screens, back to the sub screen and through the character select screens and all that. that would be a huge time saver.   
    Or even better, opt to do up to 4 at once as waves!
    Could you imagine how epic a node that was already a wave node would be, 8 or 16 waves back to back would be fantastic.  Isn't there a node that has six nodes in Hearts of Darkness or something?  Imagine playing that 4 times straight through, that's right a 24 wave mission.

• 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    i agree it is either ray or kylo ren or at least something in the star wars universe. would make perfect sense with the movie coming up next week.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    So about what time today should the update hit?  Never really cared to pay attention before lol.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    So about what time today should the update hit?  Never really cared to pay attention before lol.
    Should have hit by now.
    Not a good sign.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    They don't always hit on Monday, could hit a bit later in the week. 
  • zodiac339
    Didn’t the Team affiliation post mention a delay?
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. We know that the usual release date for patch updates are on Mondays, however the team noticed a significant enough bug to decide to push it back to later this week. We apologize for the delay, however we decided that delaying the build to fix this issue would've been better than pushing the build out on time, but having players encounter this error.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
    Definately a good move. Thanks for the update!
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    The line between light and dark?...I'm not sure if Mister Negative would work across those lines.
  • zodiac339
    I’m scared to think of what kind of bug could be significant enough to delay a patch. Higher than average crash rate?