R141 Release Notes (12/7/17)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    So I'm guessing the delay was indeed caused by Apple rejecting the build because it looked even worse on the X before.
    Good job.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Is the game suppose to be in like windows mode on Iphone x? Its really annoying...hopefully there's an option to turn this off.

Unfortunately no. I tried re-enabling character animations and it still looks like ****. Seems like once you have the patch you need to play with a magnifying glass and really, really tiny fingers.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    This change was critical for adding Goku to the game. “This isn’t my Final Form” has a horrendously long animation.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Alfje17 said:

Well, Steam is now busily downloading a 753.1 MB "update" of MPQ...

It's 141, there's now a Character Effects check box in the Options screen.

753.1 MB? Mine's 1.8 GB, I've been waiting for 17 minutes now... man this game would have been great playing over a dial-up network!
    Weird, mine was only 11.99 MB...also, holy moses, it's so much faster now...
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Just got the update!!!! Woohoo!!!

Finally, this game looks more fun and more exciting again.

Thank you so much devs! Thanks!!!!
  • ChattyWhacker
    ChattyWhacker Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Now that everyone is celebrating the option of not playing character ability animations, can the discussion revert to speculation about the patch's tagline and what the new loading screen might mean?

"Treading the line between light and dark”

I think I'm just more interested if the loading screen with 3* deadpool, 4* gamora, and 5* green goblin have anything to do with this line.  More than likely, I'm reading too much into this, but I'm wondering if this has any significance towards a higher character rarity.  I guess this since the characters don't seem to be related in any way. 

Then again, it might just be the characters are being used for their colors of red and green which seasonally goes with xmas season.

Huh, I just realized they could do an x-men x-mas.  Then again, that's probably what the Simulator pve event is for.
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Alfje17 said:

Well, Steam is now busily downloading a 753.1 MB "update" of MPQ...

It's 141, there's now a Character Effects check box in the Options screen.

753.1 MB? Mine's 1.8 GB, I've been waiting for 17 minutes now... man this game would have been great playing over a dial-up network!
    Weird, mine was only 11.99 MB...also, holy moses, it's so much faster now...

Edit: double post for some reason, please remove...
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    The end of turn transition seems faster regardless. Too fast, even. It's almost jarring.
    Agreed -- but not "jarring," more sort of un-jarring. It's a little hard to realize things just happened. It requires more attention/vigilance. 

But I LIKE it. Well worth the cost of adaptation.

Edit to say: Great job, devs. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only complaint? Option placement. I guess they figure the community will just turn it off and forget it anyway? I’ll try to remember to scroll to the bottom of options now and then to watch some animations again. I guess.
  • 1EvilMan
    1EvilMan Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I would have rather seen the enemy's side of things sped up before a toggling setting.
    I guess there really is no reason to fix character sound effects now. :(
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby pass along my thanks to the devs!
  • bryduck
    bryduck Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I'm on an Android tablet; no update. Is that right?
  • pandrek
    pandrek Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Nice changes!!
    Tks!!!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Can you make sure you've refreshed the storefront page? Sometimes they require a manual refresh to get the Update button to show up.
  • bryduck
    bryduck Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    bryduck said:
    Go to the Play store and look the app up. If no update is offered there, clear the Play store cache and restart.
    Ahh, gotcha--thanks! I've never had to do that before.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Absolutely delighted with this change having now had a good 40 minute play to 900 points in Kamala Khan's PVP. My only negative observation so far is that you have to be very careful to check the health of your characters at the start of fights as its not always obvious when you've been hit by an attack. Other than that though, this has been such a massive improvement. My favourite update so far. 
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Just updated the game, check the new option to disable character effects, played one match, found it really faster, but felt everything else really awkward, then enabled effects again; yes, I am one of those rare people that likes them  :)

However, if there were another option where I could disable only enemy effects, that would be awesome!!!
  • Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    To be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about the new option... It feels weird not seeing the character effects. I mean... I mostly play this game because I'm a massive Marvel fan and not seeing my characters doing their super stuff just isn't the same.

Guess I'm going with the people that just want opponents' effects turnd off.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Android user here, love the changes!
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I turned the animations back on too.  I think I'd just prefer shorter animations, personally.