Options

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    Beer40 said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    That would just make it so you can't use him as a 005 red/purple battery. But, who's using a 005 5* Gambit? No, that wouldn't do anything at the 5* level, 3* yes, 5* no.
    Someone is. I saw it in the Punisher PVP. I'm just glad I clicked on the roster first. Taking out a 3* GamBattery is easy. But that 5* one had 18k or 19k health. I wasn't going to risk it.

Also, they had no dupe 5* Gambit, so it may be they just got one from RNG.
    Wow!! Really!! So, is that extremely lucky??? Or extremely unlucky???
    I've seen four 5* Gambit batteries over the past season--one was only 0/0/3, but at least two were 0/0/5.  I honestly don't remember the 4th, but it was no worse than 0/0/3.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've seen 5 different 5* GamBatterys. Given I'm not in the 5* tier this is nuts (I do have a 9 cover Phoenix at 375 and usually have a couple of champed boosted 4s each week).
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    451 Starlord, 377 Nova, loaner Hulk just smoked a 451 Gambit, 402 Prof X, loaner Hulk. I could use my Starlord/Nova w/o healthpacks again if I want.

No, I don' see the need for a nerf. 
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options
    why is 0/0/5 so bad??

I think its cool that they have a character you need to think about before leveling up.  It gives gambit an actually RPG element.  
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    451 Starlord, 377 Nova, loaner Hulk just smoked a 451 Gambit, 402 Prof X, loaner Hulk. I could use my Starlord/Nova w/o healthpacks again if I want.

No, I don' see the need for a nerf. 
    This exactly, I've been beating Gambolt teams all week. It's really not that hard. And now I have a 4/0/4 5* Gambit (fully leveled) and don't even use him. He's just the new good character and wasn't there several threads that say all said the same things about Thanos. You eventually figure out how to deal with new character and move on. It's called a strategy/puzzle game for a reason. Give it time you'll see.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And that day will be November 28th because everyone and their brother has a high level Medusa post vaulting.
    I'm really looking forward to receiving my 2 champ levels. Gonna be a game changer!
    My 1/0/0 will be 2/1/0. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    My 2 cents for fixing Gambit:

1) Make his purple only affect countdowns at 5 covers. Right now 3/5/5 is his best build because his purple is good enough at 3 covers. Make people make the tough decision whether 5 purple covers is worth it.

2) Red doesn't gain AP. Come on, his black gains enough AP without this ridiculous addition to his red.  If 2 red tiles are charged it's a 1 AP power that does 18k damage.

That should be enough to keep him top tier but not stupidly game breaking.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Orion said:

1) Make his purple only affect countdowns at 5 covers. Right now 3/5/5 is his best build because his purple is good enough at 3 covers. Make people make the tough decision whether 5 purple covers is worth it.

2) Red doesn't gain AP. Come on, his black gains enough AP without this ridiculous addition to his red.  If 2 red tiles are charged it's a 1 AP power that does 18k damage.

Orion said:

This ^

At least for starters.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What am I doing wrong? Gambit is good. Great even. But I don't see how he wrecks the game.

My 457 Gambit is terrible on defense. I get beat 9 out of 10 times I'm attacked. I think i have a solid roster. The first 3 5s and all 5s from Dr Strange to Daredevil are champed. All but 10 4s are champed. And I'm getting smoked if i float.

On offense I'm still pretty regularly burning through health packs. He's certainly not the health pack saver oml was or Daredevil can be.

My Black Bolt is only 3/1/3. Is that the difference that's not letting me see what everyone is talking about?

There has always been a power couple in this game as others have said. If it's not Gambolt it will just be another pair.

I'm also guessing once 6*s are introduced (I think future fight has has had them for a while now) Gambit won't seem so op.
  • Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Going to be funny when medusa starts spitting out bolt in a few days and the army of champed bolts arrive holding hands with his best friend champed gambit.  Gambolt vs. Gambolt is easily winnable, but you will pay a hefty price (2 healthpacks and torturous annimations every round).
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bolt is a "pre-hoard" classic - not that many people will have him championed. And it takes 320 Medusa to get t3 covers. Most of the players who have 320 Medusa probably will only add 3 champ levels to their Bolt.

In perspective - I have only one 4* above 310 (and maybe one other around 305). So it's not like 3 covers from Medusa are so close (she is not even lvl 300). I regard myself as average-to-above-average-FTP player. Thus i can't compete with P2W crowd anyway.  
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    Bolt is a "pre-hoard" classic ...
    "Pre-hoard"? I opened my first hoard just after Civil War. Hoarding has been around a long time. Pre-"the hoi polloi catching on to the wisdom of hoarding" you mean :D
    Yeah - let's call it that way ;)
  • Dartmaster01
    Options
    OJSP said:
    My Black Bolt is only 3/1/3. Is that the difference that's not letting me see what everyone is talking about?
    Yes.

Don't let these guys fool you. It might help a little on offense but you will still lose most defensive matches. I've only lost to one gambolt team recently and it was only because they were 60 levels above my champed 5s and I went in with half health. The more people figure him out the less he is going to be the auto-win everyone seems to think he is.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Here we go.  People have resorted to using defensive win rate to argue against nerfing Gambit.  Makes a lot of sense actually that these people think ai is on par with human intelligence.  Hmm
  • RTA3000
    RTA3000 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Regular Stark buying?!? Wow, kudos to you guys that can afford $/£100 a month on a mobile game, my salary barley supports the $/£10 per month! This is why i'll struggle to compete in this game.... $$$$$$$$
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Yes.

Don't let these guys fool you. It might help a little on offense but you will still lose most defensive matches. I've only lost to one gambolt team recently and it was only because they were 60 levels above my champed 5s and I went in with half health. The more people figure him out the less he is going to be the auto-win everyone seems to think he is.
    But I was answering that specific question, without going into too much detail that others have mentioned many times already. If someone has 3/1/3 Bolt to pair with a championed Gambit, it's just asking to get hit. If Gambit is paired with other 5*s than Bolt, he's not that as difficult to beat.

You have Panthos (and other options). That's enough to beat Gambolt. I beat them with Strange Thanos sometimes if I got a lucky board. But, I'd avoid it if I can unless they are worth a lot of points because fighting them just means taking guaranteed damage (as my Strange tanks for Thanos! stupid RNG :D  )

Gambolt is just plain gross, I'm not taking Panthos into that fight - I give it at best 50/50 that I win and don't wipe.  As opposed to pretty much any other team where I figure my chance to win is somewhere north of 90% (i.e. I wipe about 1 in 10 fights, and that's probably a high estimate at that, it's probably closer to 1 in 15 or so.)  Remember, you wipe, you're down 3 health packs, some points (hopefully not too much if they were worth something,) and a fair bit of time.  Wiping just plain sucks rocks.

I've had some success with using Strange and Panther, but if you end up with Strange in front he crumples really easily.  Not to mention that's a terrible defensive team.

Look at my roster.  I have all the 5*s from Black Bolt to Spider-Man (save Star Lord and Doc Ock, no great loss,) plus OML and Silver Surfer (Phx has evaded me.)  I just plain don't mess with Gambit unless I have no other choice.  He and Thanos, Hawkeye, or OML are significantly better than literally any team I can field (including Coulhawk.  Gambit purple nullifies Coulhawk unless you get lucky.)  Gambit and Black Bolt are a lot better than any team I can field.

• Dartmaster01
    Options
    OJSP said:
    GrimSkald said:

Gambolt is just plain gross, I'm not taking Panthos into that fight - I give it at best 50/50 that I win and don't wipe. 

Ah.. I don't know what to say.. I suppose I was trying to guess what other teams to use to beat Gambolt.. I wasn't sure if Dartmaster was using Panthos or the other options (I can think of one or two that could work this event).. I'll let him answer if he wants to.
    I did use panthos most of the time but I did beat it with other teams in the beginning. So far, panthos has been about 98% for me and the ones I lost I was either at half health, biting off more than I could chew or both. About half of the matches I didn't even take any damage.

Make of that what you will. All I'm saying is that he hasn't been hard for me. I realize I'm in the minority on this but simply adding my opinion to the mix. Everyone in here is entitled to their opinion and hopefully it accurately represents their experience. There just hasn't been many (if any) nerfs that weren't to heavy handed and a few months down the road seen as completely unnecessary.