Please nerf 5* Gambit

Options

Comments

• Beta-Ray Bill
    Beta-Ray Bill Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pongie I wasn’t necessarily saying I am wiping to gambit teams or that I don’t have a decent strategy to take him out..... my point was that a base level gambit 450 and a team built around him significantly damages and / or defeats a an extremely high level 5* team that is mostly 70+ levels above him. This has been unheard of in the 5* tier that a character at base level can chew threw teams so big so effortlessly. It’s more of a testament to how broken and OP he is , not anything reflecting on my inability to match 3 properly lol.
    Doesn’t mean gambit is the only 5* that can take out your team..
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Options
    I beat gambit all the time. Not an issue with me
    You have Gambit so not a big surprise you're able to beat him.

Have we learn nothing of asking for nerfs.

In a couple months gambit with be outclassed and they'll be  "they nerfed gambit to much buff him"
    Should never have been released so broken and whilst he may be outclassed/countered by another release (i) there's no guaranteed way to get that new release without buying a lot, and (ii) I don't want to have to wait months for PvP to be fun again.

And no they don't have a great record as far as nerfs go, but there have been enough viable suggestions on these forums on how to balance him without giving him the XFW treatment.
    How did you know?!

honestly gambit is the most well balanced 5* imo.

think about it.. legendary characters. Not... slightly better than rare characters. These 5* should be challenging. Not to the point that if you use them people would battle you just because they think a 5* is weak. 5* gambit fits right along the legendary title.

The only people upset about gambit are the ones who weren’t wise enough to plan to have him.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Options

think about it.. legendary characters. Not... slightly better than rare characters. These 5* should be challenging. Not to the point that if you use them people would battle you just because they think a 5* is weak.
    Doctor Octopus, Bruce Banner, and to a certain extent Starlord are sitting in the corner crying.
    My point exactly lol. Banner should be up there in his own high ranking league.

ock.. well he’s just a victim of a bad skill set. He’s fun but takes a long time.

starlord shouldn’t be a 5*... he deserves the corner
  • EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    fmftint said:
    Sorry , was I too direct? I am finally on a level playing field again on mpq after gambit. I don’t even have a champed BB or thanos or panther. My champed oml & Phoenix were doormats when panthos came along.
  • Beta-Ray Bill
    Options
    EstherC said:
    fmftint said:
    Sorry , was I too direct? I am finally on a level playing field again on mpq after gambit. I don’t even have a champed BB or thanos or panther. My champed oml & Phoenix were doormats when panthos came along.
    I lol’d at it more than once
  • EstherC
    edited November 2017
    Options
    *Nope* s,  as they were known then. would purposely dump just so they could hit me for 60-75 points and repeatedly triple - quadruple tap while I attempted a 2 match hop. I could only bemoan that I could not pull more thanos covers. Gambit finally brought me back to sanity, as did my last [aXe] and current alliance.

**Removed reference to other players - Ducky
  • ramoramo86
    ramoramo86 Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Another one whining about gambit? Might be time to learn how to shield 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, my win rate against gambit is still pretty decent, so I'm happy to keep trying against him.  (The guy who said "learn how to shield" is awesome, please please come play s2 and I'll show you how much I shield.)

I do think it's funny that no one has argued that he's not overpowered, only that it's ok for him to be overpowered because he "levels the playing field" somehow.  That's a really good sign that a fix is coming.  Enjoy the nerf when it shows up guys, hopefully they'll nerf him down to sub-Doc Ock level.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree that Gambit is broken in MPQ, despite being a fan of the character's lore and him being a childhood favorite. 

Maybe some of you read it already, but this is my solution to fixing him, and I think it wouldn't be too hard to call it a nerf, but only what is truly suppose to be: only a fix. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68805/one-easy-way-to-fix-gambit-in-2-steps
  • EstherC
    Options
    There’s always going to be another meta, one way or another. We’ve all played this game long enough to know nothing lasts forever. Instead of yelling and falling over each other to throw in your nerf vote, hoard & wait for the next one. Maybe then see whether you will be pissed when ppl start posting nerf requests. I for one wiil
    enjoy my baby champed gambit until the next meta comes.
  • EstherC
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    I agree that Gambit is broken in MPQ, despite being a fan of the character's lore and him being a childhood favorite. 

Maybe some of you read it already, but this is my solution to fixing him, and I think it wouldn't be too hard to call it a nerf, but only what is truly suppose to be: only a fix. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68805/one-easy-way-to-fix-gambit-in-2-steps
    I agree that whether or not he has covers in his active powers should not matter. They should be restricted either way until he is downed .
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ragnarok, Spider-Man, Sentry, X-Force Wolverine...

Now Gambit. This does not bode well for him...
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I beat gambit all the time. Not an issue with me
    You have Gambit so not a big surprise you're able to beat him.

Have we learn nothing of asking for nerfs.

In a couple months gambit with be outclassed and they'll be  "they nerfed gambit to much buff him"
    Should never have been released so broken and whilst he may be outclassed/countered by another release (i) there's no guaranteed way to get that new release without buying a lot, and (ii) I don't want to have to wait months for PvP to be fun again.

And no they don't have a great record as far as nerfs go, but there have been enough viable suggestions on these forums on how to balance him without giving him the XFW treatment.
    How did you know?!

honestly gambit is the most well balanced 5* imo.

think about it.. legendary characters. Not... slightly better than rare characters. These 5* should be challenging. Not to the point that if you use them people would battle you just because they think a 5* is weak. 5* gambit fits right along the legendary title.

The only people upset about gambit are the ones who weren’t wise enough to plan to have him.
    Just on your last comment.  I've opened 220 or so Latest since Gambit entered packs and drawn a total of 3 Gambit covers (+1 as a BH).  RNG is a a tinykitty sometimes.

But I've also been saying Gambit is OP since I first saw the spoilers for him.  A character generating 6 free ap a turn, coupled with two very decent active powers shouldn't have made it into the game.  But perhaps a new character (say 5* Hood) who passively drains 3ap a turn with no conditions apart from being active would balance Gambit perfectly.

• razor14
    razor14 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think Gambit is OP, but I don't like the nerf idea...
    If I was a dev I would fix it releasing a good counter for him...
    Just release a character with a passive power that denies all enemies or all passive powers in play..
    It would "fix" the new passive powers meta that people are always complaining about...
    Old characters could be very useful again...
  • kenshohmer2
    kenshohmer2 Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think Black Bolt should be nerfed. I once fought a Gambit/Dr Octopus and won easily.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    Options

EstherC said:
    Typical of you bunch in s2 to complain now when you and your alliance guys have been enforcing and beating down every other player not in your alliance and preventing them from t10 when you guys had your champed Panthos. Don’t recall you guys asking to nerf thanos. No pity to you.
    Most of the people you're crying over rarely use Panthos, come on.