• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You happy now?  :'( 

oh wait.. Gambat dead as a dodo and minor nerf? :smiley:
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I for one am delighted that Gambat, the only character that made my climb in 2k in Sim bearable has been fixed (although in all seriousness he did need fixing).

I'm with @Dayv on this although I'll be considering the season just finished as my victory lap and spending the holidays on other pursuits.  And Dayv, maybe the retirement will stick this time!!

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Start a new re-nerf discussion then?
    Let's wait for the changes to go live -- I suspect this change will help, but he'll still be overpowered.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Auto-generation of AP will always be overpowered...  I really really hate they introduced this mechanic to playable characters.
  • John Wayne74
    John Wayne74 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Dayv said:
    Let's wait for the changes to go live -- I suspect this change will help, but he'll still be overpowered.
    I 100% agree with that entire statement.  But I’ll reserve any further posts till after I see it and play against it.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They nerf Gambat to the ground. this is a really welcomed change!

But for 5* Gambit, the changes is arguably a buff. Yes they did make his ap gain less, but he destroy enemy ap too. 
  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, for whatever reason they just decided to buff the 5*.  I'm hoping there's some typo in the announcement, but if not, the campaign continues.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Why did they make gambit even stronger? Is this a joke? 

His red is still way too good, his health too high for his powerset and the changes to black are definitely a buff. Unbelievable 
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    For all of those who think it's a nerf. Consider that unless you get a cascade, you now only get 1 ap per turn, while the opposing Gambit team gets 7 ap (2 red, 2 purple, and match 3).
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options

Gambit luke sky walking on you haters.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Utter absurdity.  Who in the world thought he needed an additional passive?   The devs are so blind it’s comical.  Continue to watch your engagement numbers dwindle as more people consider to stop playing over this unnecessarily OP toon.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    People were upset over the wrong thing, 3 gambit is pretty trash now unless black does good AOE and doesn't hurt the team as badly. 

Should have been fussing about gambits damage output and or his ability to Over right countdown tiles. 

Granted this change slows him down a decent bit, and with angel incoming he has some what of  counter on top of that.

Basically this nerfed him in pve and buffed him in pvp on defense 
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2017
    Options
    People calling it a 5* buff are ridiculous... 2 ap I can use is way better than destroying 2 random AP the opponent might not use (or even have). It's like trying to claim She-hulk's Furious Charge is better than IM40's Recharge or Vulture's Circling Prey.

Yes, the overall nerf was small. But I'd rather they make incremental nerfs than smash him to the ground like previous nerfs. See how the changes pan out, if it's still OP then feel free to start rioting for more nerfs. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So now it’s Gambit with a hood element.  Add Peggy and you’ll never fire a power.  Oh btw, red STILL creates 6ap per fire so it’s still absurd AP.  This isn’t a nerf, and will make those without gambit still wanting to quit.  Hot.  Garbage.

#YouStillDidntNerfGambit
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looks like I'll have to play Gambit to combat Gambit whenever I see Gambit.

But Gambit will be used to fight my Gambit.

So....I guess it will be Gambit everywhere to fight the metagame.
    Hmmm, that doesn't seem right....
  • ViralCore
    Options
    Sandmaker said:
    People calling it a 5* buff are ridiculous... 2 ap I can use is way better than destroying 2 random AP the opponent might not use (or even have). It's like trying to claim She-hulk's Furious Charge is better than IM40's Recharge or Vulture's Circling Prey.

Yes, the overall nerf was small. But I'd rather they make incremental nerfs than smash him to the ground like previous nerfs. See how the changes pan out, if it's still OP then feel free to start rioting for more nerfs. 
    except gambit will now have both powers combined for free
  • Sandmaker
    Sandmaker Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    robertbah said:
    Sandmaker said:

No I disagree. I would love to have part of my free ap generation to destroy whatever ap you can normally get. That way, your team is just using match damage against me. As pointed out earlier, the ap influx will be changed significantly. It was 3 fold change( 9 versus 3) but the new one is (7 versus 1). It’s a buff. Not a minor one.
    No it's not. It doesn't guarantee to hit a color your opponent matched. The first couple turns you have pretty high probability of not reducing any opponent AP at all.  
  • ViralCore
    Options
    Sandmaker said:
    robertbah said:
    Sandmaker said:

No I disagree. I would love to have part of my free ap generation to destroy whatever ap you can normally get. That way, your team is just using match damage against me. As pointed out earlier, the ap influx will be changed significantly. It was 3 fold change( 9 versus 3) but the new one is (7 versus 1). It’s a buff. Not a minor one.
    No it's not. It doesn't guarantee to hit a color your opponent matched. The first couple turns you have pretty high probability of not reducing any opponent AP at all.  
    Your first turn you match the color you need, let's say it's black, so u match 3 black for vulture. Pass the turn, Gambit destroys 2 black (leaving you with 1 black), he then generates 2 red, 2 purple and then does a match 3. Unless of course, you match colors you don't need or tus.

Do you really consider that a high probability?