Please nerf 5* Gambit

Options

Comments

• veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After promoting 3* version... damn, even 3* Gambit is comparable to 4*s with proper teammates... I cant even imagine how OP 5* Gambit is (well i can, already met some in PvP :D )
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I will likely get banned for this but oh well.  Gambit is popular because people are inherently lazy.  People with gambit talk about how he’s not that op.  Fools talk.  Why?  Because you are blind to the fact that you are singularly speaking of gambit vs gambit.  Test yourselves if you have the ability.  Play without gambit.  Try your best to beat him.  Use your trick teams to do it.  Once you do, watch how rapidly you get killed from the rest of the gambit world.  I honestly don’t care anymore.

He has truly ruined the game for me.  I don’t have him even close to covered and honestly don’t want him.  I don’t think that I should have to basically cover my other 5*’s and only chase the one to play the game.  I have 16 Champed 5*’s and cant hit 1.2 anymore.  I get killed when I use teams that can take down gambit teams.  Which all I can queue in pvp.  When I change to (use to be strong) 5* teams when I can it’s too late.

I am reading comments from people about releasing even more powerful counters to gambit.  Is there a lack of education in the masses??  Gambit already made all other 5*’s completely useless.  Now you want even stronger, faster, better one on top of him?  That just furthers the power creep that destroys the ability to use the other 5*’s who came before that are already irrelevant.  

For those who hoarded at the right time and went crazy for gambit, they are having a field day with him.  But in reality it made the entire almost 200 other characters in game useless and needless other than in required missions.  Even if they boost classic 5*’s occasionally they will still be stopped by level 450 gambit teams.  That’s boosted to 550+ and still stopped by a base level champed gambit.  To me this is so laughable that lazy people that like their super fast guaranteed wins rule the masses and will continue to push the game towards even more classic killing metas by not admitting that the only reason they like him is he’s perfectly suited to their lazy ways.

Gambit is a 6* with a 5* rating.  Either call him what he is or dial him down to be on par with his supposed peers.
    Took the words outta my mouth.  I will likely still play lazily for progression and DDQ etc, but overall the game has been completely ruined for me as well. If gambit is a sign of the times then MPQ is circling the drain for me. No feedback from the devs on this when it’s become such a huge issue for the community is alarming. 

Gambit is without a doubt the laziest, most broken and OP character MPQ has ever seen and yes.... one single character like gambit can completely break a game and all its modes. Shame on you D3.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd settle for all people with Champed Gambit being moved into their own MMR bracket.

You all can face each other, but leave the rest of us alone.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Just like Peggy made the previous OG 4* useless (IMHB, JG) and then Carol, Grocket, Medusa, G4mora came and made more 4* useless, similarly power creep in 5* land will occur AND make older 5* useless.

Again. I don't have Gambit, and less than 24 hours ago I champed my first two 5* (Bolt and Thanos). Everybody says Bolt will paint a huge target on my back with the Gambits rolling around. I believe they are wrong (well it might make me a target, but that doesn't matter). It doesn't matter what others have. What matters is what you have and how you choose to use the resources you have. One cannot have everything new and shiny all the time. I accept that and rely on my better puzzle matching skills to out manouver the opponent.

Truth is, it's players in the 5* realm that had become lazy while blindly matching the opponent to death, scoring 5000 points per PvP. And now they are sad they can't do that. If you can't march through the storm , then this might not be the game for you.

The devs will always want you to chase the new and shiny and make them better than those which came before. That's the only reason players will chase them and spend. Basic economics. If there was no inflation today, you would never buy anything because it will not become tougher to get them tomorrow.

EDIT - I am trying to get my point across as legitimately as possible, not trying to burn anyone. Not a whale, never have been and I DON'T HAVE GAMBIT. I hope I was clear enough. Thanks and peace V
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have 22 champ 5s, none of which happen to be the Cajun.  Nothing I have gives me better than a coin flip odds of victory, and reasonably I’m not gonna win if it’s a Gambolt.  

#NerfGambitAlready
    I agree with you on Gambit.... But there are only 20 5s in the game, including Gambit..... Do you have duplicate champs??
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Edited - meant 18.  I’m bad at counting apparently.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    i think gambit is just awesome when you have him build like 0/5/5 or 0/0/5 it gives you new ways to make awesome charchter combos . like miles morales, peter parker level 5. i always like powerplay. and this gambit will give you that opportunity. it also gives you the opportunity to play the game much faster. i just wish we get more charchters that also fill up the other colors like that. blue, black, yellow etc. the more power the better.

What is best in life?

as conan the barbarian said it, To crush your enemies. See them driven before you. And to hear the lamentations of their women.

TEAM THANOS! team GAMBIT! Team galactus! TEAM POWER! :smile:
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    would this work?

black (5 covers): 14 ap cost.

destroys up to 7 red and 7 purple basic or charged tiles. gains ap, doesn't do damage.

eliminate the auto ap generation and power lock.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jredd said:
    would this work?

black (5 covers): 14 ap cost.

destroys up to 7 red and 7 purple basic or charged tiles. gains ap, doesn't do damage.

eliminate the auto ap generation and power lock.

For his first featured PVE, I played a 3/2/1 Gambit that was soft capped at 345.  At 1 black cover, he generates 1 Purple AP, so basically this was a Gambit without the auto-AP generation and a bit less damage.  The conclusion I came to was his Red was perfectly fine without it (possibly still a bit OP, but not the incredibly ugly thing it is now,) but his purple was very slightly expensive for what it got you.

I think the simplest answer is to change his black to a cheap charged tile generator.  Say, 6 ap with something like the following progression:

- create 1 black charged tile

- create 1 purple or black charged tile

- create 2 purple or black charged tiles

- create 2 purple, black, or red charged tiles

- create 3 purple, black, or red charged tiles

This helps the red do damage and feeds the purple.  At the upper levels it feeds the red, too, which gives incentive to build toward it.  Maybe you can add a passive to it, if you feel this makes him too weak, but if you leave his red and purple alone I have a feeling this build would still be top-tier.  Also, if you add a passive then it can't be given as a team up.

• EstherC
    EstherC Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    #lazyplayer

proud of it!
  • gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This isn’t a power creep issue.  Peggy didn’t make the entire 4* tier irrelevant, just was a bigger better one.  But it’s not like you couldn’t hit a Peggy team with a myriad of differnt teams, and you’d still have a high probability of victory.

Gambit on the other hand has rendered 190+ toons as useless.  A 450 gambit is scarier than a 550 panthos team.  You’ve got better odds hitting that 550, and at worst, you’re still gonna last longer.

I have 18 champ 5s, none of which happen to be the Cajun.  Nothing I have gives me better than a coin flip odds of victory, and reasonably I’m not gonna win if it’s a Gambolt.  

#NerfGambitAlready
    18 Champ 5s and none of them include Gambit ?
    I think your forum name probably justifies your PVP experience then.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I will likely get banned for this but oh well.  Gambit is popular because people are inherently lazy.  People with gambit talk about how he’s not that op.  Fools talk.  Why?  Because you are blind to the fact that you are singularly speaking of gambit vs gambit.  Test yourselves if you have the ability.  Play without gambit.  Try your best to beat him.  Use your trick teams to do it.  Once you do, watch how rapidly you get killed from the rest of the gambit world.  I honestly don’t care anymore.

He has truly ruined the game for me.  I don’t have him even close to covered and honestly don’t want him.  I don’t think that I should have to basically shelf my other 5*’s and only chase the one to play the game.  I have 16 Champed 5*’s and cant hit 1.2 anymore.  I get killed when I use teams that can take down gambit teams.  Which all I can queue in pvp.  When I change to (use to be strong) 5* teams when I can it’s too late.

I am reading comments from people about releasing even more powerful counters to gambit.  Is there a lack of education in the masses??  Gambit already made all other 5*’s completely useless.  Now you want even stronger, faster, better one on top of him?  That just furthers the power creep that destroys the ability to use the other 5*’s who came before that are already irrelevant.  

For those who hoarded at the right time and went crazy for gambit, they are having a field day with him.  But in reality it made the entire almost 200 other characters in game useless and needless other than in required missions.  Even if they boost classic 5*’s occasionally they will still be stopped by level 450 gambit teams.  That’s boosted to 550+ and still stopped by a base level champed gambit.  To me this is so laughable that lazy people that like their super fast guaranteed wins rule the masses and will continue to push the game towards even more classic killing metas by not admitting that the only reason they like him is he’s perfectly suited to their lazy ways.

Gambit is a 6* with a 5* rating.  Either call him what he is or dial him down to be on par with his supposed peers.
    This is a problem that people that don’t have the best pvp 5’s face all the time. 

Now people people with a gang of 5 leveled or champed have to face the same thing . In Every other rank 4/3/2 if a a single meta changing character can drop and you had to chase it or struggle to stay in higher ranks, doesn’t matter how many champed 4 you had. Aka ms marvel, Medusa etc etc...

this is the 1st time this has happen with 5’s well second. Oml was the 1st but image made it so that you never had to spend health packs and coined play non stop.

People worried about gambit but it’s clear that a power creep is happening with 5’s

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As I've pointed out before, even if there are meta-changing characters in 2/3/4* tiers they are relatively easy to cover between their release PVE, release PvP, tokens (at least before vaulting was partially abandoned) and Bonus Heroes.  Or just Whaling them if you have the money and want them badly enough.

This is simply not true at the 5* tier.  I've opened enough LT's since Gambit was introduced to, assuming a 15% pull rate with equal distribution, get him towards 460 yet am still stuck at 10 covers despite 2 BH's.