Update to Versus Tournament Progression Rewards (11/15/17)

Options

Comments

• bOmbast
    bOmbast Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Daiches said:
    Daiches said:
    So.. is CP back in progression? Because that was the major flaw of win based.
    Never mind. Discord answered it. God forbid we get a straight answer from the official communication on the official channel when we can get it from a dev in some podcast fan channel
    So, is it back in progression or not? 
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well, I liked the win system, but thought 40 wins was very hight too... but comeback to the masochism of gain/loss progression points wasn't exactly what I expected... :/

Last season I reached the 4* cover in Versus for the first time ever... and it was wonderful! And I did it in 4 events. Now? No more 4* covers from Versus like it used to be... less rewards overall... and no more variety of characters to fight/use too. I just really hope that a better solution is found next season.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Im very glad with this change. All of you fellow co-players who liked 40 wins system are cell phone players for sure. Im Steam user and wins system was absolutely awfull. I played 16 games to achieve CPs and quit. Why? Beside DDQ and PVE, I didnt have spared 3+ hours for playing to 40 wins, so no 4* covers for me.

Yes, point system is stresfull, but atleas Im able to achieve 900 points in 1,5 - 2 hours.
  • bOmbast
    Options
    Felessa said:
    Well, I liked the win system, but thought 40 wins was very hight too... but comeback to the masochism of gain/loss progression points wasn't exactly what I expected... :/

Last season I reached the 4* cover in Versus for the first time ever... and it was wonderful! And I did it in 4 events. Now? No more 4* covers from Versus like it used to be... less rewards overall... and no more variety of characters to fight/use too. I just really hope that a better solution is found next season.

If your signature is to be believed, you got 33 champed 4* characters.
    Of course you can reach 900 points. Probably on just 1-2 shields. 

• acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    So now MPQ is tailored completely to 5* players.  Both PVP and PVE have been bent to their will.

I wonder what the participation metrics will look like over the next season when the average player looks at either game mode and realises they have very little to play for?

Of course, so long as the money keeps coming in MPQ wont care, will they?

This move is clearly financially driven.  They have reverted right back to what the spenders want.

If it wasnt, they wouldnt have made this move.

They would have adjusted the new system to be more accommodating, not thrown it out completely.

Two things people said (of all levels), consistently, would help:
    1) CP back in progression
    2) Open up MMR

If this was a game design choice, these points would have been attempted.

Instead, going right back to the PVP of old, its clear its all about the $$$.

Welcome to MPQ, where 5* or whale players rule, and everyone else gets dumped on.

I find this reversal to be the most distasteful thing the game has done in my 1013 days playing.

At least there is no pretending any more, we know what they are about.

I had reached a nice point with the game where I was very happy playing, and felt it was worth what time I put into it.  Now, honestly, I have to give that some serious thought.
    You need to probably take a break from the game. It's stressing you out too much. You are addicted to it too, not healthy.
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby have you ever played a game called, wwechampions? The system they have for versus would be great in MpQ. You should check it out.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So I guess I'm not the only one who quit the game after the switch, then.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Options
    sh81 said:
    So now MPQ is tailored completely to 5* players.  Both PVP and PVE have been bent to their will.

I wonder what the participation metrics will look like over the next season when the average player looks at either game mode and realises they have very little to play for?

Of course, so long as the money keeps coming in MPQ wont care, will they?

This move is clearly financially driven.  They have reverted right back to what the spenders want.

If it wasnt, they wouldnt have made this move.

They would have adjusted the new system to be more accommodating, not thrown it out completely.

Two things people said (of all levels), consistently, would help:
    1) CP back in progression
    2) Open up MMR

If this was a game design choice, these points would have been attempted.

Instead, going right back to the PVP of old, its clear its all about the $$$.

Welcome to MPQ, where 5* or whale players rule, and everyone else gets dumped on.

I find this reversal to be the most distasteful thing the game has done in my 1013 days playing.

At least there is no pretending any more, we know what they are about.

I had reached a nice point with the game where I was very happy playing, and felt it was worth what time I put into it.  Now, honestly, I have to give that some serious thought.
    You need to probably take a break from the game. It's stressing you out too much. You are addicted to it too, not healthy.
    Im not stressed at all, Im disappointed.

Im not addicted at all.  In fact over the last season or so I have dialled back my play considerably.

I had arrived at a place where the game was fun again.  And rewarding for the effort I put in.

Now its not.

Now it is seriously at a point of "should I even bother?".

Not just because of the change, but because of what it says about MPQs attitude to its players.  
  • bOmbast
    Options
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't understand how this is bad for players with solid 4* rosters (like you, sh81)?

To my dying day, I'll claim that getting the 4* cover at 900 is NOT hard for anyone with 1-2 boosted 4* champs. You don't need Line cooperation (that's mostly useful getting from 900 to 1200 an above), you just need a minimum of timing and know-how (which a lot of people here will be happy to share). I have 33, and have scoring above 900 in every event since I champed my first 4* exactly a year ago.  

Best of all, you can do it in half the amount of matches. 

If you're hell bent on never spending HP on a single shield ever, fair enough. But 1 or 2 should be more than enough. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In my experience it has always been hell to get to the 900, and ultimately not worth the effort.

And its not because Im an idiot who cannot work out I need to hit high point nodes.

Its because I cant find high point nodes.  Its very rare to find the matches to make the progress.

Which means swimming in 38 point nodes, getting hit, up - down - up - down, shield to preserve place, unshield to take a match later and get knocked back again...

• Phinatic85
    Phinatic85 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    bOmbast said:
    Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't understand how this is bad for players with solid 4* rosters (like you, sh81)?

To my dying day, I'll claim that getting the 4* cover at 900 is NOT hard for anyone with 1-2 boosted 4* champs. You don't need Line cooperation (that's mostly useful getting from 900 to 1200 an above), you just need a minimum of timing and know-how (which a lot of people here will be happy to share). I have 33, and have scoring above 900 in every event since I champed my first 4* exactly a year ago.  

Best of all, you can do it in half the amount of matches. 

If you're hell bent on never spending HP on a single shield ever, fair enough. But 1 or 2 should be more than enough. 
    I agree - my 4* roster was strong enough to consistently get to 900 and I'd pair them with unfinished 5*'s to do so. I'd do this with half the effort. This past season, I hardly passed the 40 wins, and for the first time in forever, my 10k+ season score meant **** as I wasn't even close to the top placement reward. Don't even get me started on sim, where I got to 2000 in less than half the wins requirement. This game turned into a chore, and I don't have that ridiculous amount of time to meet those thresholds- if I wanted to spend that time, I'd play PVE and grind to death. Thresholds were too high and defensive wins not counting for any wins felt even more disheartening. If no change, would've retired, but now feel hopeful again.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    In my experience it has always been hell to get to the 900, and ultimately not worth the effort.

And its not because Im an idiot who cannot work out I need to hit high point nodes.

Its because I cant find high point nodes.  Its very rare to find the matches to make the progress.

Which means swimming in 38 point nodes, getting hit, up - down - up - down, shield to preserve place, unshield to take a match later and get knocked back again...

I wish you would have Line so I could have a good conversion with you and help you out.  While I do disagree with some of the things you say, I think you are a good person and would like to help you out.  Not saying use Line with rooms and stuff, but as guideance on what to do and what to look for.  That's how a lot of us Vets learned, Not here on the forums.    It is such a better avenue of communications.  
  • bOmbast
    edited November 2017
    Options
    sh81 said:

Not my experience, but I've developed my "routine", of course: Climb casually to ~600, which is my floating point (yours should be similar), to regen health packs and line up a few good targets. Then climb as quickly as I can (use boosts), as high as I can, before I start taking many hits. Usually this is well above 800, sometimes even 900 can be reached. Trying to find targets well before my shield is about to expire. Hop (with boosts for speed). Don't be out for more than 6-7 minutes. Your team and the opponent should give you a hint how long it'll take. If you can do two in 7 minutes, do two and not three.   

I ususally do my climb to first shield somewhere between 20-36 hours into the event. Never towards the end, when the zombie horde is out. 

Not saying this will work for everyone, but it has for me as a 4* player. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    sh81 said:

I wish you would have Line so I could have a good conversion with you and help you out.  While I do disagree with some of the things you say, I think you are a good person and would like to help you out.  Not saying use Line with rooms and stuff, but as guideance on what to do and what to look for.  That's how a lot of us Vets learned, Not here on the forums.    It is such a better avenue of communications.  

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment.  I wont be using line any time, you are welcome to mail me here if you like.

Ive had good advice from some "pro's" here before, great guys and it did help.

The fact is though, no matter what I change, I just dont get these mythical climbs people talk about.

For some reason 900 is an absolute monster to get too, its expensive and its stressful, and I certainly didnt do it in less than 20 matches or with any relative ease.

bOmbast said:
    sh81 said:

Not my experience, but I've developed my "routine", of course: Climb casually to ~600, which is my floating point (yours should be similar), to regen health packs and line up a few good targets. Then climb as quickly as I can (use boosts), as high as I can, before I start taking many hits. Usually this is well above 800, sometimes even 900 can be reached. Trying to find targets well before my shield is about to expire. Hop (with boosts for speed). Don't be out for more than 6-7 minutes. Your team and the opponent should give you a hint how long it'll take. If you can do two in 7 minutes, do two and not three.   

I ususally do my climb to first shield somewhere between 20-36 hours into the event. Never towards the end, when the zombie horde is out. 

Not saying this will work for everyone, but it has for me as a 4* player. 

First run Id get to maybe 650 before I ran out of healthpacks (often less).  I cant float there though, because I get knocked back - sometimes into the 400s.  So I have to shield.

I line up nodes of as much value as I can.  Often spending a few thousand iso to do so.

By the time the first one is done the others have mysteriously changed values.  Sometimes to the degree they arent worth taking on.  So Im skipping more looking for something to earn points off of.  This ends up in a catch 22 situation of do I shield again or do I chase points?

Usually it ends up being the case that I win some, lose some while winning, and shield.

I can go through this twice just to get to the 750-800 range.  And what to do then?  Chase 900 or get a couple of wins and shield (again!) and play it safe?

Most of this is on 38-45 point nodes (with loses the average is probably in the 20s).  Very few 50+.  So its not even like I can say Im making it in a minor amount of matches.

Genuinely, the 40 match target wasnt really a stretch compared to my usual experience.

The primary driver behind my struggling is the lack of points on offer in matches.  I dont know if its an MMR deadspot or what it is, but I have to scrape points - I dont get a run of juicy targets to make gains on and shield.

Its expensive, stressful, and hugely dis spiriting.  To the point Im not even sure I can face taking it on in the new season.

The 40 matches was long, I dont argue.  BUT ever match was a step forward.  And because no points mattered I could just play the matches that were queued (with much more variety in opponent).  I enjoyed both of these aspects a huge amount.