Update to Versus Tournament Progression Rewards (11/15/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We originally decided to switch from a Points-based progression to a Wins-based system, in order to help relieve some frustration from Versus Events. We understand that it can feel demoralizing to have your progress towards a reward wiped away, and then be forced to crawl back up again! We wanted to give more players a reliable way to earn rewards in Versus Tournaments, and as far as those goals go, we feel like the change was a success.

However, while we were really happy with how some players received this change, other players who were earning progression rewards quickly, ended up slowing down and were understandably upset by that. We want to take some time to re-evaluate the system, and see if we can make more of you happy with it. In addition to watching player behavior in-game, we paid close attention to all the feedback given on the forums, Reddit, surveys, in conversations, and through Customer Support. We hear your concerns, and want to make an experience that makes you excited to play your next Versus Mission.

So while we're hard at working developing that experience, and with the launch of the Reality Gem Season, we're going to change how you earn Progression Rewards in Versus Events back to being based on Event Points, rather than the number of mission Wins you earn. Progression reward thresholds will work exactly how they were prior to Time Season - high value missions will get you closer to your next Progression reward, but you can lose Event Points from your Progression, as well as your Placement.

We may try another change to the system down the road, in one form of another, but until then, we'll keep listening to what you like and dislike about Versus.

Good luck, and thanks for playing!

Comments

• professorplum9
    professorplum9 Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yay! Thank you!
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you for listening!  
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great decision.  Thank you for listening to your all your players!!!!
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bravo!

:clapping meme:

Sorry, I'm lazy. But seriously, Bravo!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I for one am excited to see this. 
    Thanks for the work, Rockett.
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks. That system made PvP a terrible chore. 
  • Mustache1
    Mustache1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you! 
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thank you.
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thanks for listening. Hopefully a hybrid system will eventually be implemented.

Will the CP remain in placement or put back in progression?

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks!!! Maybe you can find a way to make it just 20 wins for those of who have to slog through champ 5* teams? And put the 15cp back into progression?
  • NicholasHewitt
    NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The lack of mention about CP in this post concerns me.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I saw this coming after the Marvel Heroes news from today. The mouse is coming and isn't gonna be pretty.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And I fully do hope the CP stays in placement instead of being put to 1300 again.