Update to Versus Tournament Progression Rewards (11/15/17)

Options

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thank you!
  • MegaMe
    MegaMe Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hooray!! Thanks for listening, guys. I hope the CP ends up back in progression.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Dilly dilly!!

for those of you who really liked the win based system just remember they are dedicated to finding a solution for  win based system was brutal for high end players in the 5* tier and many 5* players dropped down to CL5-6 so they could take placement away from CL5-6 players because they wanted the CP from placement.  I am really hopeful they can come up with a system for both types of players to progress and enjoy PVP.  With the new shield rank I hope they can come out with CL9 soon and instead of having the win progression the same for all place a lower win total requirement for higher CL and put CP in progression.  If max progression was around 32 wins in CL9 it would be a little more work for some players but doable.  35 wins I CL8 40 wins in CL7 and below.  What this would do is get 5* players consistently going to higher CL.  I also think keeping CP as placement in CL7 and below would be appropriate.  This way more players still get CP but players can’t skip the 3-4* transition and go straight to a 5* tier.
  • Justice Jacks
    Justice Jacks Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shardwick said:
    Ok, so let me get this straight, you completely destroyed pve with the 5* node which only encouraged 5* players to flood CL7 which killed my enjoyment of pve. But then you went with a win based pvp system that overall didn't really impact my usual amount of wins, maybe I played a little more, but in exchange I got a stress free game and more rewards. So I wasn't enjoying pve anymore but I actually was enjoying pvp a lot more so at least I had that. And now the pvp changes are rolled back so not only will pve suck to play for me but pvp will too? Umm, yay?
    Um, didn't they just substantially reduce the PVE scores available in CL7 exactly because they were encouraging 5* rosters into CL8 and 9?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kinda wish they would have fixed the new system, but I do prefer the old system to the broken version of the new. So, bravo. 
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Great news for all. Vets spend less on shields, have to play less, and competition is more friendly.  Mid level players can get placement in cl5 and 6 again.  If people really want the 4 star, 40 wins should do it. Might take 2 hops, but they will get there  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Best news I’ve heard all season! Scoreboard and in all y’all’s faces
  • mikelnoe
    mikelnoe Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    I personally am very happy.
    I dont like wins at all. I know psycology is partly at play with the wins feeling like a grind, because when fr/enforcing in points you probably do more than 40 matches.  When i feel like I'm being forced to do a boat load of matches instead of just doing it for the love of the game and helping others, then it feels more like a chore.

I never really counted how many matches I was doing in the past. Having a ticker show me how many matches adds to that job/chore feeling. Like how watching a clock tick seems to make time go slower

It's been said a bunch, but a hybrid progression system would  cater to both sides, Wins or Points which ever comes first.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All I can do is laugh.

Back and forth. It's almost like the return of rubberbanding.
  • SangFroid
    SangFroid Posts: 177 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    Once again, the decisions are made to favor only one type of player that are very vocal, yes, but not representative of the entire player base.
    That part in Brigby's post about "and watching player behavior in-game" in part means that it is representative of the entire player base. For all their faults, the devs are sticklers for studying game data before making decisions and I doubt they would have changed things back so quickly if the data weren't there to back it up.

Maybe you (and some others in this thread) could put less effort into denouncing players with different opinions than you, and try working with the ones that want to see a compromise that makes everyone happy. Just a thought.

They tried doing that for years, but every suggestion was shot down. Countless threads, but everything that doesn't absolutely benefit 5 star players is a negative on the forum.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    how hard is to do make it either ,win or points, progression that would make everyone happy.   any word on CP 1200 or is that lost forever to placement.

p.a. ty for going back to points progression
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Awesome! Can't wait to see the solution.