Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, and playing less PVP
    Hate it the more I play. Just hit 2050 points in the Simulator on the 43rd win (and I was hit about 25-30 times since the start of the season so couple of hundreds points went down). That means still 31 wins to get the Rogue cover that I would get at 2k in the previous system. I need to double the effort for 1 cover. 

For the regular 4* - i have not hit it once this season. The best I managed was around 30 wins when I was fighting for top10 in SCL5 (another idioticy of the system). I hit 16-20 wins and that's it. Can't grind more than this as it's a wall of Pathnos or Gambit or Hawkeye - all the ones good for floating. 

I can live with this system if one things happens - open the MMR after 20 wins/650 points. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    sh81 said:
    Almost 24 hours in. 
    205 votes:
    Yes I like the changes-36 Votes
    Indiffernet-16 votes 
    No- 139 votes
    Quitting-13 votes

Thank You all for voting.  

@Brigby. I know this is not a scientific poll for all of the players in the game, but i hope you are paying attention to this.  This system is causing a lot of issues.  Alliances are falling apart. People have stopped spending, myself included. People will
    be cutting back on this game if not quitting outright. I truly hope they are listening.  
    The thing is, it has to be remembered, that this forum represents just a fraction of the player base.

And that vets/whales/top end guys represent an even smaller fraction.

The Devs get to see all the engagement statistics, and its quite possible there is a silent majority that is really getting on board with the new PVP structure.

There are 150 not happy here, there might be 1,500 more people playing though...
    The thing is are you going to keep your roster stagnant or quit soon? If not you will be a vet down the road and be added to the 150 count.
    My roster is still developing.  A little slower than before but hardly "slowly".

That said, Ive no interest in the 5* jump, and 4*s come out so frequently Im pretty sure I can just play at that level fairly indefinitely without it getting boring.
  • [Deleted User]
    sh81 said:
    I really wish you were on Line and could talk to the people that this is killing.  I don't think you understand at all calling this the minority that this change effects.  Also, if they do not make a change for next season, it will be too late. Most people will not wait around that long for a fix. 
    It IS a minority.  Thats just the truth.  That doesnt mean I have no sympathy, far from it, its just the reality of the situation.

It appears, to me at least, they have been sacrificed with an eye on "the greater good" (hate the term, but its fair).

As I said in another thread, I also think if this is "killing" you, then it may not be a bad thing either, if it leads to a healthier relationship with the game.  

No offence intended at all, its just that if a mobile game means so much, perhaps ones priorities need to be considered.

Ive been there, been too invested, and its not a happy place.  
    Who are you to tell me what I choose to spend my time on?  This is none of your business.

I am a faceless anon on an internet forum.

As a forum member I am free to post in any thread, and make comments as I see fit so long as they do not break forum rules.

Just as with you.

Just as you are free to take these comments as the well natured posts they are, agree, argue against or ignore them, or basically anything you choose.

Such is the internet.

Ive observed, from your presence on the forum, you seem rather passionate about the game.  Its not unfair to ask that you perhaps assess that situation.

It may be that it is entirely healthy and fine and so great, good for you.

It may be that it is in fact somewhat negative to you, and to stop and take a look is for your own benefit.  

Theres really no harm, intended or otherwise, in pointing that out.

Especially since I think its fair to say we have all taken this game a bit too seriously at times.

bluewolf said:
    The devs probably have some internal estimate for attrition.  They probably assume that the vast majority of players won't quit due to sunk costs.  AKA most people won't quit no matter what they do (or the number will be very small).

This is a huge change (bigger by far than the OML nerf) and impacts everyone - both people who like it and people who don't.  If it results in reduced engagement and spending, then maybe things will change.

Two things I think we can assume:

1.  The wins based system is not being reversed, if ever, for a while.  Not next season, probably not the season after (but maybe).  Everything in the game is a "test" and they would not make any major change after one true "test" in full season.  They will want to see how people respond to the "new normal", which cannot be normal until it runs a few times.
    2.  As long as wins based PVP is the system, CP will be placement only.  The wins based system allows you to just play and grind to 95% of the rewards.  There has to be a significant reason to place and shield, or there will be almost $0 revenue in this system.  People won't shield and fight for placement without a strong incentive (CP). 

So if you find this un-fun and unenjoyable, begin to weigh your options.  If you like it, awesome!  You will be a happy player for the foreseeable future.

At least we only have a week before the off season.
    From the people I talk to, a lot of vets, I think this could be a major decision for them if they do not tweak this system.  I could care less about the Win system cause that will not change my game play, but removing the CPs (which a lot of people have said from the start was a major concern) is where my sole focus is on. 
    And this evidences my point - ultimately what are you talking about?  One or two LT pulls each week?  Is it really worth so much passion, angst, stress and effort?

Is it really worth the angry "THIS CANNOT BE IGNORED..." declarations?

Or is it an opportunity to re-evaluate what mpq is and isnt deserving of from you and your life?

I did the same, and my conclusion was that this is a pass time.  A bit of fun.  And it should be no more.  I have far more important things in my life to put my energies into.  And I have been a lot happier since that change in perspective.

That might be the case for you, and if so I would hope this could play a small part in helping you realise and recalibrate.

That might not be the case, in which case take it or leave it - but - these posts could still help someone else reading through.  And so will have been worth it.

The idea sounded great on paper but it's far too many matches. Im constantly reaching the original points but don't have enough wins for the reward.. so I'm just going to 16 wins for CP and if the 4* I'd for a cover I need I'll go for it but a champ levels is a waste of time for me. 

The worst part of the change is SHIELD SIM.. 74 wins is ridiculous. I've been at 2000 pts since my 45th win and I wasn't even aiming for high point targets. I still haven't reached 74.. if it wasn't Rogue I would have gave up. That's why I'm playing more PvP.

Shield Sim should stay points only OR test the Hybrid system here.. at least give the player suggestions a chance!
    You just need a "healthier relationship with the game". 
    Good advice! ;O)
  • [Deleted User]
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:
    Hate it the more I play. Just hit 2050 points in the Simulator on the 43rd win (and I was hit about 25-30 times since the start of the season so couple of hundreds points went down). That means still 31 wins to get the Rogue cover that I would get at 2k in the previous system. I need to double the effort for 1 cover. 

For the regular 4* - i have not hit it once this season. The best I managed was around 30 wins when I was fighting for top10 in SCL5 (another idioticy of the system). I hit 16-20 wins and that's it. Can't grind more than this as it's a wall of Pathnos or Gambit or Hawkeye - all the ones good for floating. 

I can live with this system if one things happens - open the MMR after 20 wins/650 points. 

There's no justification for any MMR now they've gone to win-based progression. Plain and simple.
    I agree.   I also agree fully that the cp should have been left i progression.

With that cp 40  wins is much more reasonable, if still high.
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Indfferent to the changes, and playing the same or less PVP
    I am enjoying the slow 2 day on and off climb to 40 wins now, but I wasn't going for placement before and I definitely wouldn't try it with this format.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:

There's no justification for any MMR now they've gone to win-based progression. Plain and simple.

I'd love to be able to club 40 seals to get all progression rewards instead of doing 40 fivestar fights. Truly awesome. I'm not so sure the seals would enjoy the constant battery though.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:

I'd love to be able to club 40 seals to get all progression rewards instead of doing 40 fivestar fights. Truly awesome. I'm not so sure the seals would enjoy the constant battery though.

It'll only affect their placement. They wanted (and got) a free ride to progression. In PvP you should get the placement your team deserves.
  • Quebbster
    Starfury said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:

It'll only affect their placement. They wanted (and got) a free ride to progression. In PvP you should get the placement your team deserves.

...who are the "they" you are talking about? Are you saying the seals got a free ride?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:

I think the seals would really only want the notifications turned off.  Only 10-20 people per bracket care about placement now. 

Shields?  Where we’re going, we don’t need shields.
  • Quebbster
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:

I think the seals would really only want the notifications turned off.  Only 10-20 people per bracket care about placement now. 

Possible, I can't really speculate. One can question how fun it would be for both the big and the small fish though.
  • awarnica
    awarnica Posts: 44 Just Dropped In

Just adding explanation to my vote.

I play enough pvp (cl8, top 5) to where 40 wins isn't an issue for me. I do have lots of alliance mates who just played 'the last 3 hours' and would often finish top 5/10 and get the same rewards (less iso for winning matches), but spend less hp. Or, they would not catch a bracket flip and finish to p25. That they often got the same rewards for less time doesn't bother me. This is just something to keep my mind busy when I have down time. If they can be more efficient for the same rewards, all the power to them.

74 wins though in simulator was the worst grind though in this game I've had for a long while. I did 30+ the first Sunday while watching football, and hit 74 a week ago, playing 3-10 matches a day. I'm still at 74, and have no desire to back and play more. I had a wall of 3x5* teams for about 60 of those 74 wins, and it was in no way fun.

I would have interest to see how many 4/5* players hit the 2K in simulator last season, and how many will do so this season. Not because those players are more important but because they closer represent my roster than would a 3* player.

• [Deleted User]
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:

Possible, I can't really speculate. One can question how fun it would be for both the big and the small fish though.
    I can only say I dont care at all. Club away, it doesnt effect my game/objectives in the slightest. If hitting me 40 times in a row gets you where you want to be then do it, good for you, I really dont mind. And I would suggest that also goes for anyone who isnt going for placement. So, IMO, small fish are happy. Regardless of outside forces, they get to go for the prizes they want to. I did think, in theory, that would also suit the big fish. Less people competing, less people shielding, more people to take points off. And its literally a clear run for points, no animosity around people feeling persecuted etc. And I did think shield strategies etc would also be a key factor still in competing with others chasing placement, and so the basics of the old game would remain. However, it seems this breaks down with the MMR side of things. And I didnt factor in the idea that some people seem to be able to get to 1200 with an hours play, so they were never going to be happy with 40 wins for progression.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    sh81 said:
    Quebbster said:
    bluewolf said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:

I can only say I dont care at all. Club away, it doesnt effect my game/objectives in the slightest. If hitting me 40 times in a row gets you where you want to be then do it, good for you, I really dont mind. And I would suggest that also goes for anyone who isnt going for placement. So, IMO, small fish are happy. Regardless of outside forces, they get to go for the prizes they want to. I did think, in theory, that would also suit the big fish. Less people competing, less people shielding, more people to take points off. And its literally a clear run for points, no animosity around people feeling persecuted etc. And I did think shield strategies etc would also be a key factor still in competing with others chasing placement, and so the basics of the old game would remain. However, it seems this breaks down with the MMR side of things. And I didnt factor in the idea that some people seem to be able to get to 1200 with an hours play, so they were never going to be happy with 40 wins for progression.
    Trust me, if I could see you in PVP I would make sure every event I would get my 40+ from you and only you, but MMR will not let me. 
  • [Deleted User]
    That really doesnt surprise me.

Needless to say if you could do that, and did, it just wouldnt bother me at all.  Who knows, maybe Id leave a nice easy team out for you to take points from to chase that precious cp with...

I do hope at some point you get the chance to reflect.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was going to keep this going, but I do not want this poll to be locked.  so for now, this is done
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Indfferent to the changes, and playing the same or less PVP
    Why would it be locked?
  • [Deleted User]
    I have been perfectly civil, and remain perfectly calm.  I have offered a different perspective, and hopefully a view of your own posts that may give you pause for thought.

I have no animosity toward you whatsoever, in fact I wish you well.

If you are so incensed by this so as to need to stop talking to me I can only reiterate the points already made - it might be worth considering if this game deserves so much of your energy.

Im assuming there will be no response, so I hope you have a nice day.  Hopefully something really good happens for you.
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Because mods kinda lock discussions that happen to be taking part in the General Discussion part of the forums, when they take such a turn. Or when they feel like it will take suck a turn. Or when they feel like it. Or on mondays.