Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you?

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP
    Here is the problem.  PVP makes them money.  The high end players are spending a lot of money.  Some of the ones this helped out have said they are F2P and don't spend anything except VIP maybe.  I know I left all buy groups because of this.  Yes some are still going on due to 5* Thor, but after that I do except a decline in spending. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Alfje17 said:
    sh81 said:
    Almost 24 hours in. 
    205 votes:
    Yes I like the changes-36 Votes
    Indiffernet-16 votes 
    No- 139 votes
    Quitting-13 votes

Thank You all for voting.  

@Brigby. I know this is not a scientific poll for all of the players in the game, but i hope you are paying attention to this.  This system is causing a lot of issues.  Alliances are falling apart. People have stopped spending, myself included. People will
    be cutting back on this game if not quitting outright. I truly hope they are listening.  
    The thing is, it has to be remembered, that this forum represents just a fraction of the player base.

And that vets/whales/top end guys represent an even smaller fraction.

The Devs get to see all the engagement statistics, and its quite possible there is a silent majority that is really getting on board with the new PVP structure.

There are 150 not happy here, there might be 1,500 more people playing though...

Silent majority is not on these forums, almost everyone here is a long-term player and this new PvP is geared towards new players, so yeah, expect lots of complaints.
    As Ive recognised.  My point is more that you maybe shouldnt expect anything to happen in response to the complaints.

We dont have the full picture.  I believe it is entirely possible (if not likely) that D3/Demiurge view of the changes will be very different to the minority on here.  I suspect they will see much greater engagement and see the changes as positive.
  • [Deleted User]
    Here is the problem.  PVP makes them money.  The high end players are spending a lot of money.  Some of the ones this helped out have said they are F2P and don't spend anything except VIP maybe.  I know I left all buy groups because of this.  Yes some are still going on due to 5* Thor, but after that I do except a decline in spending. 
    And what of new players earning a 4* every few days an needing roster them?

Or getting more engaged and deciding VIP is a good idea for the increased healing factor?

Perhaps lots of little transactions is preferable to few larger ones?
  • The rockett
    sh81 said:
    And what of new players earning a 4* every few days an needing roster them?

Or getting more engaged and deciding VIP is a good idea for the increased healing factor?

Perhaps lots of little transactions is preferable to few larger ones?
    If nothing changes in for the next season or the one after, we will find out quickly. 
  • [Deleted User]
    As I said, Id personally like to see a little more of the "other side" of this.

I think the data/thinking/conclusions could be very interesting.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    la benne à ordures, elle brûle.

I despise the new PvP model. It takes ALL of us longer to get a 4* cover, no matter what your scaling is. That's bad.

My favorite thing about PvP was that you could be successful with less time spent. It was about intelligent play, including slice entrance, fight / skip timing, and intra-shield timing.

You could be successful at PvP, no matter your scaling, if you were good at those three things.

I'm not suggesting you monitor slice flips; I never did.

I wouldn't suggest Line coordination as a requirement to hit 900 consistently; never did.

I wouldn't solely blame scaling as to why the 900 pt reward was or wasn't attainable. My scaling was skewed and still I persevered.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Yes I like the changes, and playing more PVP
    I just max progressed the SHIELD Simulator for the first time ever. Previously, the best I could ever do was 1800 points before getting smacked back down the ladder hard. 26 more wins (which I'll easily get in 9 days... I'll probably get it in the Hulk PVP), and I'll max progress the season rewards. 
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Played one event in CL8 to get top10 and ended up needed to score over 1900 to be top 10.  Since then I have been dropping to CL5/6 and just squeaking in the top 10 with ~1200 scores.  Playing about the same, losing some iso and 4 covers but just chasing the cp treadmill.

Kinda silly that to make only slightly worse than before means i have to go play at the CL intended for 3* rosters
  • [Deleted User]
    edited November 2017
    madsalad said:

I feel myself slowly not giving a tinykitty about continuing to play at competitive levels. I have stopped my VIP subscription and I will not participate in any further buy clubs. My interest in the game will slowly dwindle as my brain catches up and says "hey dummy, you don't time to keep playing this game when you have other IRL things to do".  Then I will slowly play less and less until I'm done.

6 wins in DDP (7 every 5th day)
    54+ wins in PVE daily for green checkmarks (with the occasional 48 hr sub respite)
    20+ wins a day for PVP
    3 wins a day for Simulator
    I'm sure I'm missing something else.

Average match 2 minutes?  You're pushing 3 hours a day to stay competitive.

This was me a while back.  3+ hours a day playing.  Competitive PVE player trying to make way in PVP as well.

Miserable.

Essentially reached a breaking point where I just sat out a couple of events.  And it was revalatory.  I think while you are into it, while its routine, while you feel obliged to play - you just dont realise the commitment you make and the sacrifice it demands of you.  

Sitting out, doing other real life things (some even productive!), not being scheduled to stare at a screen... It was wonderful. And, frankly, you realise its just not that important.

In come the PVE and PVP changes, and my objective now is progression in both - if I can be bothered.

So far I have.  Im finding on balance its less matches per day, and Im finding I play sporadically as I feel like it, and - most importantly (maybe?) I find its actually FUN.

Im enjoying PLAYING A GAME.  Its great.  

Perhaps this might work for you?
  • The rockett
    Played one event in CL8 to get top10 and ended up needed to score over 1900 to be top 10.  Since then I have been dropping to CL5/6 and just squeaking in the top 10 with ~1200 scores.  Playing about the same, losing some iso and 4 covers but just chasing the cp treadmill.

Kinda silly that to make only slightly worse than before means i have to go play at the CL intended for 3* rosters
    That's a great point but they have forced this.  I see a SL5 bracket with the top 15 all Champed 5*. Some with 470+ 5*.  
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    sh81 said:
    madsalad said:

I feel myself slowly not giving a tinykitty about continuing to play at competitive levels. I have stopped my VIP subscription and I will not participate in any further buy clubs. My interest in the game will slowly dwindle as my brain catches up and says "hey dummy, you don't time to keep playing this game when you have other IRL things to do".  Then I will slowly play less and less until I'm done.

54+ wins in PVE daily for green checkmarks (with the occasional 48 hr sub respite)
    20+ wins a day for PVP

This was me a while back.  3+ hours a day playing.  Competitive PVE player trying to make way in PVP as well.

Miserable.

Essentially reached a breaking point where I just sat out a couple of events.  And it was revalatory.  I think while you are into it, while its routine, while you feel obliged to play - you just dont realise the commitment you make and the sacrifice it demands of you.  

Sitting out, doing other real life things (some even productive!), not being scheduled to stare at a screen... It was wonderful. And, frankly, you realise its just not that important.

In come the PVE and PVP changes, and my objective now is progression in both - if I can be bothered.

So far I have.  Im finding on balance its less matches per day, and Im finding I play sporadically as I feel like it, and - most importantly (maybe?) I find its actually FUN.

I do sit out PVE events from time to time. Never PVP though, which is why this is hitting me the hardest. I've never really shot for placement in PVE, just earn that iso/hp/cp. The PVP changes are miserable thought and it's turning me off the whole thing.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
    Im rather depressed with the current state of the game. My favorite side of the game is a slog now. Cheaters are allowed to cheat. Boosted 5s for weeks, which might never happen for classics in pvp, slower roster progress and higher demands, not only am i nearly done with pvp, i may be done with the game. 

Much cheaper to play playstation and the content never changes. 
  • [Deleted User]
    madsalad said:
    sh81 said:
    madsalad said:

20+ wins a day for PVP

Miserable.

I do sit out PVE events from time to time. Never PVP though, which is why this is hitting me the hardest. I've never really shot for placement in PVE, just earn that iso/hp/cp. The PVP changes are miserable thought and it's turning me off the whole thing.
    Thats fair enough.

Its hard not to sound preachy or pushy, thats certainly not my intent - I just thought sharing my experience might help someone else.

Its a bit of perspective I wish I had been given a long time ago!

Im sorry its not working out for you.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    sh81 said:
    madsalad said:
    sh81 said:
    madsalad said:

20+ wins a day for PVP

Miserable.

Thats fair enough.

Its hard not to sound preachy or pushy, thats certainly not my intent - I just thought sharing my experience might help someone else.

Its a bit of perspective I wish I had been given a long time ago!

Im sorry its not working out for you.
    No worries, I didn't think you were being any of those things. I was just letting you know how I typically try to extriate myself from this job game.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
    sh81 said:
    Almost 24 hours in. 
    205 votes:
    Yes I like the changes-36 Votes
    Indiffernet-16 votes 
    No- 139 votes
    Quitting-13 votes

Thank You all for voting.  

@Brigby. I know this is not a scientific poll for all of the players in the game, but i hope you are paying attention to this.  This system is causing a lot of issues.  Alliances are falling apart. People have stopped spending, myself included. People will
    be cutting back on this game if not quitting outright. I truly hope they are listening.  
    The thing is, it has to be remembered, that this forum represents just a fraction of the player base.

And that vets/whales/top end guys represent an even smaller fraction.

The Devs get to see all the engagement statistics, and its quite possible there is a silent majority that is really getting on board with the new PVP structure.

There are 150 not happy here, there might be 1,500 more people playing though...
    The thing is are you going to keep your roster stagnant or quit soon? If not you will be a vet down the road and be added to the 150 count.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    The problem isn't the PvP format the problem is the characters. With such poor balancing once you get through the first 30 wins in Shield or so all you see is an endless horizon of Gamoras, Rockets and Medusas because they front load damage. 

Soon there will be endless 5* Gambits too and a 5* Gambit with 5 black and no Red is crazy powerful feeding team 2 Red per round or even if he does have Red he can still feed Blade since Blades power is passive.  (although maybe we will see some variablity in match-ups?)

Point is no one wants to fight the same battle over and over or be forced to play the same 3 characters forever.  That is the worst design ever.  It is also why 5* characters were a terrible idea in the first place.  Building in unbalanced play makes creating a large team of characters unfun, because most can only be used when they are level bumped.  Why did it build this team if you are going to tell me who to play when?

Why they bother to rebalance a 3* character like Psylok, when 3* characters are almost as obsolete as 1* characters only shows how out of touch they are with their own game.
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Yes I like the changes, and playing more PVP
    I like the change I am able to get the rewards maybe if I had a better alliance I would be more on par with the rest of you 
  • danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    No I hate the changes, and playing less PVP
    I thought I would like the change but at this point in the season as losing interest in the game. Day 1352 player, 5 star roster,  former two stark a month buyer, now just VIP.

The pvp changes, the issues with small groups of elite players getting huge advantages new 5 star release after 5 star release, the continued random changes to events (sakar), lack of diversity in gameplay (like in original puzzle quest and pq2) it’s just discouraging.  

Might not renew at end of next 30 days, likely to quit at that point. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,737 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I just finished Hulk’s PVP.  I did not want to play hard and did not.  But I was going to 16 for the CP and found it fun to run Hulk with Carol and Rogue and just kept going. 

My end score was 833 with 23 wins in 23rd place. Didn’t even get the Hulk cover thanks to this wins based system.  And it is ridiculous that the old system had 100 points from 3* to 4* but now 12 wins separate them.

Also, in 4.8, no one hit me in the last 3 hours unshielded. That was kinda weird.