Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you?

Comments

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    No I hate the changes, and playing less PVP
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:
    Hate it the more I play. Just hit 2050 points in the Simulator on the 43rd win (and I was hit about 25-30 times since the start of the season so couple of hundreds points went down). That means still 31 wins to get the Rogue cover that I would get at 2k in the previous system. I need to double the effort for 1 cover. 

For the regular 4* - i have not hit it once this season. The best I managed was around 30 wins when I was fighting for top10 in SCL5 (another idioticy of the system). I hit 16-20 wins and that's it. Can't grind more than this as it's a wall of Pathnos or Gambit or Hawkeye - all the ones good for floating. 

I can live with this system if one things happens - open the MMR after 20 wins/650 points. 

There's no justification for any MMR now they've gone to win-based progression. Plain and simple.

I'd love to be able to club 40 seals to get all progression rewards instead of doing 40 fivestar fights. Truly awesome. I'm not so sure the seals would enjoy the constant battery though.

It'll only affect their placement. They wanted (and got) a free ride to progression. In PvP you should get the placement your team deserves.

...who are the "they" you are talking about? Are you saying the seals got a free ride?

Yes, progression is a participation award now. Play enough and you'll get your prize, no matter your roster.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Quebbster said:
    Starfury said:
    Magic said:
    Hate it the more I play. Just hit 2050 points in the Simulator on the 43rd win (and I was hit about 25-30 times since the start of the season so couple of hundreds points went down). That means still 31 wins to get the Rogue cover that I would get at 2k in the previous system. I need to double the effort for 1 cover. 

For the regular 4* - i have not hit it once this season. The best I managed was around 30 wins when I was fighting for top10 in SCL5 (another idioticy of the system). I hit 16-20 wins and that's it. Can't grind more than this as it's a wall of Pathnos or Gambit or Hawkeye - all the ones good for floating. 

I can live with this system if one things happens - open the MMR after 20 wins/650 points. 

There's no justification for any MMR now they've gone to win-based progression. Plain and simple.

I'd love to be able to club 40 seals to get all progression rewards instead of doing 40 fivestar fights. Truly awesome. I'm not so sure the seals would enjoy the constant battery though.

It'll only affect their placement. They wanted (and got) a free ride to progression. In PvP you should get the placement your team deserves.

...who are the "they" you are talking about? Are you saying the seals got a free ride?

Yes, progression is a participation award now. Play enough and you'll get your prize, no matter your roster.
    Or alternately, you could think of the game as having removed the roster-gating for PVP progression from the PVP system itself and moved it to shield rank (since now a player must theoretically reach rank 32 before they can hit CL7 and start earning 4* prog covers.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've opened comments to reply a few times, but find I run out of interest halfway through the post. I like the gameplay, I like building my roster; I do not like competitive play or grinding out meaningless wins against smaller rosters.

I've tried 40 wins plus t10. I've tried t10 without 40 wins. Seems to me the next natural step is to neither play for t10 nor 40 wins. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    @jdk99 , I appreciate the response.

You are right, I am not a high end player.  Currently 29 4* champs, a couple more fully covered.  My best covered 5* is at 3/4/4, with the next best at 8 covers.

PVE is my primary game, PVP was something I was beginning to get a foothold in, and yes, I am certainly not a at the business end there.

Ive been really angry at this game at times, especially as changes made seem to have caught me badly in the past.  For example, I missed the boat on the 4* transition, then vaulting came in and I was able to actually progress, and now vaulting is gone Im again feeling the pain (many lost covers...).  Its not all sunshine and rainbows for me, and I was REALLY agitated about these things.

My response to recent PVE and PVP changes has been much like you suggest, Im not happy with the demands so I changed my expectation to suit.  Its a nicer balance for me, and to my shame Im realising just how much Ive let the game compromise real life the last few years.

Believe me, while I cant appreciate the full nuance of your community, I can understand why you are put out. 

I like the idea of choice, though I wonder how it would work, effectively the two streams would need to overlap wouldnt they?

I think adjustment to MMR and the number of wins required under the new system are more likely achievable.  To my mind, there should be competition for you to find if you want to run for placement.  And under the new system you dont trample on smaller rosters in doing so, so it seems like the best of both.

Make the wins required for progression more reasonable, and lift MMR (or greatly relax) = would that satisfy you?

• Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2017
    I quit or will be quitting PVP due to these changes and won't come back
    It is funny, I left the game for 3 months and decided to give it a try and get back. I promised a season of play to my old alliance, but I will probably leave again after that. This change is just ugly. Way too much play. At 30 wins per event, I would say ok fine. 40 is too much. The last 10 games are tiresome.

The removal of the 15 cp do not affect me, so I have no opinion on that one (I was not getting it on the old system)

Take note that I'm a major 4* player skipping the 5* voluntarily. (I could have made the transition and I choose not too, I find it more entertaining to stay 4*) I use only 20cp pack and never hoard at all.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes I like the changes, and playing the same PVP
    I thought I'd be motivated to play more PvP under the new system but I'm not. I try to grab a slice right at the beginning if possible and queue seed teams for some fast tokens/ISO. I'm playing to 16 wins for the CP. I should get my season 10 pack today. That's exactly what I used to do. That's all I look for out of PvP. Now, it's just easier because I don't have defense losses sending me a step back for every two forward.

If the grind total was 25 to get the 4-star I'd think about it more often, if it was one I coveted. 40 is not conducive to outside life and I will never, ever achieve 40 wins in one event.

I don't mind that CP was moved to placement - it gives all the whales something to fight over while I turn the game off and go do something else.
  • jdk99
    jdk99 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    sh81 said:
    @jdk99 , I appreciate the response.

You are right, I am not a high end player.  Currently 29 4* champs, a couple more fully covered.  My best covered 5* is at 3/4/4, with the next best at 8 covers.

PVE is my primary game, PVP was something I was beginning to get a foothold in, and yes, I am certainly not a at the business end there.

Ive been really angry at this game at times, especially as changes made seem to have caught me badly in the past.  For example, I missed the boat on the 4* transition, then vaulting came in and I was able to actually progress, and now vaulting is gone Im again feeling the pain (many lost covers...).  Its not all sunshine and rainbows for me, and I was REALLY agitated about these things.

My response to recent PVE and PVP changes has been much like you suggest, Im not happy with the demands so I changed my expectation to suit.  Its a nicer balance for me, and to my shame Im realising just how much Ive let the game compromise real life the last few years.

Believe me, while I cant appreciate the full nuance of your community, I can understand why you are put out. 

I like the idea of choice, though I wonder how it would work, effectively the two streams would need to overlap wouldnt they?

I think adjustment to MMR and the number of wins required under the new system are more likely achievable.  To my mind, there should be competition for you to find if you want to run for placement.  And under the new system you dont trample on smaller rosters in doing so, so it seems like the best of both.

Make the wins required for progression more reasonable, and lift MMR (or greatly relax) = would that satisfy you?

@sh81The reason you are irritating people is because of your high and mighty stance on what people should or should not do with their free time. Cogent and thoughtful discussion is a path to a resolution, not judgement. You are entitled to your opinion, but don't be surprised that people react poorly when you share it. Especially when implying others are "doing it wrong". To each their own.
  • [Deleted User]
    To each their own indeed.

Im not high and mighty, and certainly not trying to preach - though I can accept how it can be seen.

My point is only in hope of getting some to just assess where they are at, and if thats really what they want to be doing.

If it is, then great, good for them.  If its not, then Im glad I may have prompted a change.

Ive had the game encroach on my life more and more, and been complicit the whole time without ever even questioning it.  Having had something of a Eureka! moment it seems only right to share, in the event someone else might have a similar consideration.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP

I will share this again for some of the people thinking that hitting the old prog was not possible with a lower roster. 

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/33229/encouragement-for-reaching-1300#latest

• agarber
    agarber Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP
    sh81 said:

May be you should reconsider your approach and build healthier relationship with the game?

If you are unhappy with with wasted covers, then probably you can try to hoard. Wait, devs don't want you to hoard, let me find another way. Probably you shouldn't open tokens once you get them? Wait, this is hoarding again... Probably the current state of the game is "you must hoard unless you want wasted covers" at EVERY stage of the game?

The game is evolving and many aspects are not the same as before: true healing, covers buy for CP vs HP, champions, BH cheaters banhammer (oops, they are still around). The players who enjoy the game and continue to play will adapt.

The top rosters can predict how the changes will affect the "optimal" play for pve/pvp/both for all players just because they (or should I say we at this point?) were 4* players, they were 3* players, they were 4->5 transitioners. Need examples? 20 points in pve test and multitappers; 5* rosters pondering in pvp cl5 (yes, I got 3k in cl5 once during the season, and during one of the tests I stole 15cp from cl5 or 6 with just 1k points). Both these situations were predicted immediately after they were announced, so top rosters sometimes feel the game much better than the devs. And hoarding is another example.

This topic will not gather information even about 10% of the playerbase, but one of "standard" CS replies refers to the forums if we are frustrated and here is the topic. So @Brigby , are you listening?

PS. I have three 5* champed, three more fully covered, and will have one or two more in two weeks (yes, I am hoarding). All latest 4*s champed, 11 non-latest left and will sit there, no rush to champ them. I have 10 covers for Gambit (yep, another hoard), so I was cruising in the first half of the season. Never missed top10 in the new system (tests or current season). As a 4* player I was able to hit 900 before the first shield without external communication (1200 with), as a 5* player I can hit 1200 without external communication before the first shield. And yes, I am F2P and staying HP positive though I could burn 600-900 HP on shields per event. 
  • [Deleted User]
    May be you should reconsider your approach and build healthier relationship with the game?
    Thats exactly what I have done, and I am much happier for it.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
    sh81 said:
    I do hope at some point you get the chance to reflect.

Pure Troll.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
    AlexxKats said:
    sh81 said:
    Thats exactly what I have done, and I am much happier for it.
    Man, read what you just typed.

A player that advertises no competitive play, or any intention of competitive play, or any revenue for the game, or any sign that he will proceed to the 5* tier, is counter intuitive to everything the game needs to be healthy.

Even you must realize that, right?
    Man exactly. Smh
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    agarber said: ... Probably the current state of the game is "you must hoard unless you want wasted covers" at EVERY stage of the game?
    No, not every stage. Only every stage up until the very end game, when you're able to continuously champ all the things.

Slightly off topic but it needs to be said. You can be in the absolute end game state with all 2, 3, 4 and 5*s champed, and still be forced to waste covers! Praise be to RNGesus! 
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    No I hate the changes, but playing more PVP
    agarber said: ... Probably the current state of the game is "you must hoard unless you want wasted covers" at EVERY stage of the game?
    No, not every stage. Only every stage up until the very end game, when you're able to continuously champ all the things.

Slightly off topic but it needs to be said. You can be in the absolute end game state with all 2, 3, 4 and 5*s champed, and still be forced to waste covers! Praise be to RNGesus! 
    This!!! oh 5* BH BB, meh its yellow and the only cover i have at 5! After few sold yellow covers i decided my BH is going to be DD instead.