Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you?

1789101113»

Comments

• Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Yes I like the changes, and playing more PVP
    Guess most people stopped playing as much.. I'm going to finish the Season in the T25.. I didn't join mid season, I never shielded, only reached 40 wins once (to finally champ Big Pun!), never placed in the T100 any event, never went back to Shield Sim to reclaim lost pts.. basically I didn't care yet I'm placing as high as when I used to play alot of PvP last year.
    That doesn’t sound right.  T25 in my CL7 bracket is over 20k.  Is that a lower CL?

I actually hit full season progression for the first time since OML was nerfed, not counting short seasons.

I also managed T10 twice, when I had never hit 1200 before.

I played a little more than in the past, mostly because I knew exactly how many wins I needed, and there was no risk of missing my goals because of defensive losses or bad hops.

There were some events where I didn’t like the boosted characters, or I didn’t have as much time, so I only hit 16 wins in those.

It wasn’t all better.  Sim was more effort than in the past.  I hit 2k for the first time with 46? wins, then had to keep playing to get Rogue.

Overall I like the changes, but there’s room for improvement.  I’d like to see CP expanded to more people in CL9, Sim win total reduced to 50-60, and maybe something else to help 5* players like bonus wins against champed 5 teams.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Season score of 6848.  Rank 581 of 5000.

Made full progression in every event.  So made season progression a few events ago.

Never done either before.

No idea how many wins.  Stopped every event at 40 (except the last), simulator at 72.

The last event I played a few extra nodes and shielded because I was top 50 and wanted the Cap covers.  Otherwise I havent shielded all season.

I am playing a little more, I would say - but only a handful of matches per event.  That being said, my experience is much much more enjoyable so I dont mind the extra at all.

Especially as Ive dialled back PVE, so on balance am actually playing less.

Like @NotBAMF and a few others, I seem to be getting rewards at lower point thresholds, e.g 10cp in the 400's.

I would prefer fewer games for prog.  Or, if they are to keep 40 matches, reintroduce cp at max progression and reshuffle the current rewards.

I would like it to be better for higher rosters, seems to be a threshold whereby it goes from fun to hell.  Thats just not fair.  Open up MMR some more and maybe things will be better for everyone?

I think more than anything though Im just having fun.  Just playing.  And I like it.
  • killercool
    killercool Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    No I hate the changes, and playing less PVP
    sh81 said:
    Season score of 6848.  Rank 581 of 5000.

Made full progression in every event.  So made season progression a few events ago.

Never done either before.

No idea how many wins.  Stopped every event at 40 (except the last), simulator at 72.

The last event I played a few extra nodes and shielded because I was top 50 and wanted the Cap covers.  Otherwise I havent shielded all season.

I am playing a little more, I would say - but only a handful of matches per event.  That being said, my experience is much much more enjoyable so I dont mind the extra at all.

Especially as Ive dialled back PVE, so on balance am actually playing less.

Like @NotBAMF and a few others, I seem to be getting rewards at lower point thresholds, e.g 10cp in the 400's.

I would prefer fewer games for prog.  Or, if they are to keep 40 matches, reintroduce cp at max progression and reshuffle the current rewards.

I would like it to be better for higher rosters, seems to be a threshold whereby it goes from fun to hell.  Thats just not fair.  Open up MMR some more and maybe things will be better for everyone?

I think more than anything though Im just having fun.  Just playing.  And I like it.
    Bolded the two keys for me.

As a player who leveled two 5*s from 360 to 450 (Thanos and Black Panther) just before the win based change I can say it was the worst possible timing for me.  All I see is teams 10 to 50 levels above mine - 10 to 50 levels may not seem like much, but in 5* land it feels like the jump to the next star level up.  That mean 40 wins is just out of the question.  Right now it feels like anyone jumping from 4* to 5* land is in the sweet spot for maximum punishment under the wins based system.  The only way I could consider pvp with my current roster is if MMR was more open.

Which leads to the second point, I can clearly state that for my roster state pvp is as far away from "just having fun" as it has ever been in the nearly 4 years I have been playing MPQ.  So the jump to champed 5* land that should have felt like moving into the top tier has instead left me feeling like I have just made a very stupid mistake.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    Thats very much the reason Ive little to no interest in the 5* game.  I feel for you.

I should say, Most of my opponents past 20 wins are stronger than me.  High 300's - mid 400's where my teams are usually around 280 unboosted.  Boosted characters obviously bridging the gap.

That said, the disparity increases by orders of magnitude the higher you go - I appreciate its not the same for a 5* player.

Just pointing out its not all easy wins for me either.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP

Here is the end result of this poll.

327 votes which is a very high amount looking back at other polls here.

Yes 64/19.5%

Indifferent 29/8.8%

No 211/64.5%

Quit 22/6.7%

I have the end of the season poll here.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/68807/end-of-win-season-follow-up-how-did-you-enjoy-the-win-system#latest

While I don't like the idea of closing this because of the amount of people that commented and voted, I will leave this up to the Mods to decide what they want to do.

Thanks to everybody for voting, giving ideas and commenting.