Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you?

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2017 in MPQ General Discussion

Very soon we will be at the half way mark of the season.  With the changes this season, there is a clear divide on how people feel.  I am very curious on what everybody thoughts are at the half way point and also wondering if you were for this change to WINS and now don't like it or vise verse.  Please vote and comment below. 

I had to combine some of these due to only 10 options available. 

Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you? 327 votes

Yes I like the changes, and playing more PVP
10%
morghTheVultureSandmakerBryan LambertJsh2014CyberVenom2001Daredevil217KrossPollozzArcanaMoonSlothkinsmaguirenumber6Alfje17FelessaDyingLegendPants1000RamseyTriggerTimeRoland113Reecoh 34 votes
Yes I like the changes, and playing the same PVP
5%
DormammuHotnfreshcarrion_pigeonsdokiyECOcrushBlindman13MoosePrimeRonburgundysmkspyTranscendGod[Deleted User]DTrain514Amsha3garmega ghostRodeo1488hunky_funkyLandaleJuanAV2141Yepyep 19 votes
Yes I like the changes, but playing less
3%
VideocrazySpudgutterNick441234Windreaverrg72tchipleyJabrony_GeoffStraycat[Deleted User]zakuSlevin_Kelevra 11 votes
Indfferent to the changes, and playing more PVP
3%
CoppsSeriouslyZommyGDsirwookieechrisrdvargas1LukoilSTOPTHIS[Deleted User]haro63Mightfaster 10 votes
Indfferent to the changes, and playing the same or less PVP
5%
IridiousZootSaxDaichesNepenthePlatzymetallionhopper1979Crowldlegendary0neFokaiHICoulson_LivesTarjanVKMETT-T dependentrobertbahAvalancherSkadenFrudeeBeer40ThorstiennLot180b 19 votes
No I hate the changes, but playing more PVP
14%
dkffivGigerHRfreakygeekfirethorneelvy75BowgentleBearVengerMojoWildbabinroEbolamonkey84Punter1GrumpySmurf1002Twoslotshwebsifrachrjcarrey4ThorassicTxMoosemistical725y4747 46 votes
No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP
14%
DayvColognoisseurHadronicLegallyUndeadagarberawarnicaGrimSkaldPhillipesKojubatProfessorGumbywhitecat31ZeroKarmaMaskedMangrunth13PhraegPLBIVmadsaladalaethVarg138ComatoseJackal 48 votes
No I hate the changes, and playing less PVP
35%
ShuinoPuritaspoomermonPorkBellyStarfuryfarlusKolenceYasuruWilsonFiskzonatahuntsinnerjflTredomohiorixmithContinuedClockStonykillercoolxKOBALTxnotamutantdanielrandkai 117 votes
I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
5%
PylgrimacescrackedDartmaster01nonnel1abmorazCaptainFreakyLystratasmoq84[Deleted User]tanis3303meekersXcorytutorpheregastdglory49Team_WadeZamWieseldave7099Cheddar1982 18 votes
I quit or will be quitting PVP due to these changes and won't come back
1%
RemoDestroyerSnowcaTTMegdargiotorres81 4 votes

Comments

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

I have been very vocal about these changes really around the 15 CPS getting removed from progression.  This, in my eyes, was a massive mistake and will hurt play progression as well.  A lot of people i talk to have made it clear that this is pushing them away from the game or it will. 

Edit: I am on day 1246 and a high end pvp and pve player. 

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dammit, wrong option. And you can't change.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Hating it, but still playing more cause I like having my cake and eating it (both 10 CP and the 4* cover are important).
    For now.
    Not sure where I'll go next season.
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Hate it. I've missed one t10 so lost out on 15cps there. Lots of my alliance mates have also scaled back, especially with increased pain of grinding out 40 wins every event.
  • zahria
    zahria Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    I hate the changes. It's driven so many people away. As a result, the brackets are tighter. More people are fighting for T5. This means you have to work harder to place. This means more time for play, more HP for shields. This in my opinion, makes it less fun. I like the challenge of placement but when so many are fighting, it feels more like a job than play. Adding SCL 9 might help this but so many are going lower for easier as 8 is super crowded. 
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I am very close to quitting out right, the only reason I'm "surviving" is because I got Gambit off the bat.  It is impossible to cover new 5* without a huge stockpile of currency and completely impossible to work on classic ones.  How are we expected to collect 3600+ cp with our PvP income reduced by 50%?

Edit: Day 1462, ~t10 pve t25 pvp
  • ComatoseJackal
    ComatoseJackal Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I don't like the win based progression. It takes an average of 20 wins to hit 1200. So the final progression item should be lowered if it is win based also cp needs to be in the progression instead of only the top 10. Then everyone actually gets a chance at progressing their rosters with the cp. I still get top 10 every event. It's real simple just drop down to lower cl's and take it from the newer players. Not what I would like to do but that's how the dev's want pvp to be played I guess.??? Haven't bothered with purposely playing 40 matches not even for a Nightcrawler cover. Usually finish with 22-26 matches played. Secures a top 10 spot in cl6.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,764 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

3*-4* transitioner, used to play only seed teams unless I really needed the 4* cover and could spare 20 healthpacks to get it. Constantly getting the message "You've been beaten, lose 100 points" and coming out of a battle with less points than when you got in, does gets you down, so I played very little PvP.

Playing much more now as I don't give a hoot about points and can actually get some decent rewards.

I'm sure the changes are bad for the top end players, I can only say that it's good for someone in my position. To paraphrase the con-man in charge "Many people say that these are the best changes and they're the best changes for me, the humblest and most generous person ever in all of history"

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2017
    Hate the changes, playing much less PvP and back to focussing more on PvE.

New system has forced me to quit my alliance. It has changed my playstyle a lot too. Now I just go for doing seeds ASAP, do about 20 matches first day of PvP. Late climb the rest near the end and shield out. Don't care about placement (beyond T25/50), save my HP.

HP saving measures mean I have not renewed my VIP yet.

Only a few hours left for the bonus. Finding it hard to weigh the pros in the favor of renewal.

EDIT - Was an optimal PvE, 1.2k PvP player. 42 4* champs.
    Now I'm an optimal PvE, on and off 40 wins PvP if I have the time.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I hate the change and it will cause our T100 PvP alliance to fall apart.  We asked people to hang on for one season, but if these changes stick, people will be quitting.

For the record - Day 1432 player, T50 PvE and PvP (prior to this mess)
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    I'm kind of happy about the changes, though not as much as I initially thought I would be.  I was pretty excited about the opportunity to get a four star cover through PvP as that's what I'm chasing these days.  The first time I went for the forty wins, I ended up staying up an hour longer than I had planned cause the last ten wins were just about impossible.  

Other's have complained about this before, but the skipping the fifty five star champed teams to get to the one team with two champed four stars that I can beat was almost painful.  Oh, and I get the health packs thing now, even when I get to that team of boosted four stars that I can beat, I'm gonna need two health packs for the following round.

To sum, I was pretty excited about the changes, but the excitement has quickly worn off into just tired.  I'm playing more PvP and happy about the win based system overall, but a lot of the luster has left since I'm not even trying for the four star covers after only one event.

• Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yes I like the changes, but playing less
    I got the 10 pack, and I'm halfway thru Sim. I've done 16 or 20 wins each event. I never placed better than top 50 before and never hit 1200 so I'm not missing anything. Overall I like not worrying about losing points, but I am definitely disappointed seeing how high my points score is compared to the wins progression. The 16 wins 10 cp is usually around 700 points instead of the previous 575, and my 42 wins in Sim is already at 1700. I like losing Sim matches to reset the skip tax tho.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
    Over and done.  Back to PVE only.  The divide seems to be between what stage of the game you are at.

This change is great for lower MMR rosters who have literally dozens of options of who to take into a fight.

Me, even with 10 champed 5*s, think this is a health pack nightmare where every battle takes as long as three lower MMR battles.  More work with less rewards equals no point in trying.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I did not expect to hate the change but I do. It coincided with my jump to 5* land (which was a great move for PvE). So no now I see just a wall of Phantos, Gambit and Hawkeye.  The only teams I can hit reliably are Phoenix/OML/Surfer teams and even them eat heath packs. I've managed maximum of 20 wins per event (the LR for Thor are not helping in this as I have the same amount of time available but more game nodes to play). The cyclops event will be the first when I won't hit the 16 win limit (mainly due to early wednesday finish otherwise I might have squeezed it somehow).

In general the 4* cover is not attainable - i just don't want to suffer for it. I vote for opening the MMR a bit. Otherwise 16 and out will remain my game. That means I get similar CP but less 4* covers than before. They don't matter that much anymore (over 40 championed) but still feels wrong.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    I'm aiming for 16 wins for the cp, and only playing cl5 for easy cp. The changes blow
  • Kevin c
    Kevin c Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I am fully against the changes to PvP. I feel it has hurt the player base in a whole. More people are dropping down to lower clearance levels to make sure they get the other 15cp+ from ensuring t10 placement and I feel that less are pushing for the 40wins. Since the change I haven't tried to get the 40 wins at all. 
    Before the change I would play hard in PvP but after I have lost the drive in pvp.
  • Avalancher
    Avalancher Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    The Ghost Rider black is my white whale, to finally finish him after a year of 5/5/2. I need 40 wins, and it is pretty horrible trying to get there. 

The other events it didn't matter, I only need 700 points for alliance minimum and 16 wins is a smooth ride.