Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you?

Comments

• enigo me
    enigo me Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP
    i am still playing because i am hoping they will change it for next season. if not...... there are some other interesting and less time consuming games out there
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, but playing more PVP
    enigo me said:
    i am still playing because i am hoping they will change it for next season. if not...... there are some other interesting and less time consuming games out there
    You can probably play an MMORPG with daily raid requirements with less time commitment than MPQ has right now.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, and playing less PVP
    I hate the changes as well.  I had to switch slices and CL in order to chase T10, and I still missed it one event.  Currently I am T5 and have 1150 points, but only 27 wins.  That's not even enough for the 3* cover yet!  I've given up on 40 wins each PvP and I've given up on my season ending score, so that much less rewards that I'll earn from this new PvP.
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
    And yet i got jailed. Lololol. Well put Satanno
  • Talestummy
    Talestummy Posts: 66 Match Maker
    You can not simply jail the Lord ot Evil.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I primarily voted the way I did because 40 wins is way too much.
    Even 16 wins for the 10 CP is too much given the time investment.
    I never did the grind to 1200 before, so the CP to ranking move didn't affect me, but I can see how it pisses off those that did and empathize.
    Along with me now in 5-Star land MMR wise (with mid tier 5 Stars Champed), and it's pretty rough.

They just need to bring the last 15 back into progression, and lower the win totals by about 1/3rd.
    The time investment now is totally insane.  Not just for PVP, but the game overall.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Just got my 10-pack this morning after hitting about 20-22 wins in Eye for An Eye. The only event where I've 40 wins was for the Nightcrawler cover, haven't been interested in the champ level otherwise. I might do the one for PX since it will put him at 280 and give me an LT, but that's really my only motivation these days to bother with 40 - Will that champ level net me an LT, or help cover someone who isn't finished yet? Otherwise I just rush to the 16-20 for the CP and event token, and add whatever I think will be necessary for t25. Lately its been about 24-26 wins, give or take depending on how many points I go for. My alliance minimum is 700, so everything after that is gravy.

I will do Shield Sim to help make my alliance season pvp score requirement, and we'll have to see about those 74 wins. I always did Shield Sim on the last 2 days, where there was nothing but 70+ point targets to be found on my way up, so this win total will be an annoyance. My Rogue is 4/5/3 though, so I'll suck it up. Can't say I care if I get the season 15 CP or not.
  • Thorassic
    Thorassic Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    These changes are horrible. I’m playing way more PVP just to get to the 4* cover. I was never a Top 10 player, so moving the progression CP there was a huge kick in the balls. So far this season, I’ve lucked in to one Top 10 finish for the CP. I doubt that will happen again. 

Additionally, we used to be able to pull the 4* cover at 900 points. Now, I’m getting it at anywhere from 1500-1800 points, which I find unacceptable. But, I still do it because I need to advance my roster somehow. 

As as a result of the PVP shift, I also find myself having to play harder in PVE just to maintain my CP flow. 

So overall, yeah, I’m playing way more, but I sure as hell hate myself for it. The game already felt like a chore, now it just feels like going to work.

One last thing; looking at Sim this season, I’m going to have to score around 4,679 points to get the top reward. That means over twice as many matches. Honestly, I don’t know if I even have it in me to care enough to finish. 
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Playing more PvP matches than before, but getting less rewards...

40 wins is just too much time invested for me to cope with. I try and grind out 24 wins, which usually puts me past 900 points, so I miss out on the 3*, ISO, Token and 4* that I used to get...
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    i don't like the changes at all, since it makes me play more than i normally would for 1200 points if i want progression reward. I already started going just for the points few times instead of getting full progression, as i started to feel burn out of grinding so many matches. I get this is a great for those lower rosters to get to the progression reward, but I'm pretty sure they will start feeling the burnout sooner or later as well.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being 'forced' to chase placement for the CP means I'm finishing T5 and T10 more than I used to, so at least I'm getting that extra iso/4* covers where I didn't in the past.

Still not in love with the changes, but I've been getting my 40 wins, so meh.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,583 Chairperson of the Boards

I hate it and I refuse to spend more time on this game - I already spend too much.  So I either enter early and play a bit extra (but play less on Lightning Rounds/PVE,) to get the 40 wins for the 4*, or I enter late and climb to whatever to try for the CP - hang the 4* cover and probably the 3* as well.  Mostly I've been doing the latter.  I love growing my roster incrementally with the 4* covers, but the time commitment is too high to do it regularly so tinykitty that.

Honestly, this is was a good change for the 3* players, but that seems like about it.  When I was a 4* player I didn't have that much trouble getting to 900 -- sometimes it took a hop or two, but that was about it.  Unless things have changed a lot, it screws anyone with an advance roster.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017

So I am sitting and looking at the names that voted.  It is not surprising to me how this is turning out.  There is a very clear line between causal play and competitive play.  I see all of these names I have played this game with for almost 3 years that are under the No or the Quit.  I actually makes me sad that this change has really showed how bad this is for the vets.  This has been up for 5 hours and here is where we stand.

120 votes

All Yes-21

Indifferent-8

No-75

Quit-10

I hope somebody is listening

• SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I quit or will be quitting PVP due to these changes and won't come back
    T10 never in doubt and probably averaging 100 wins per event.

This system is awful, just terrible. I liked that I could consider easing off the gas at any point and still playing the game. Now it's all in or nothing - and I don't resent anyone that chooses the latter.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    @The rockett  I think we need a new poll - one much simpler:

Do you like wins-based progression:
    Yes, I have no Championed characters
    Yes, my max Champion is 2*
    Yes ... 3*
    Yes... 4*
    Yes... 5*

Same for no...

I'm willing to bet 90% no for "Championed 5*" group...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @alaeth let me try this in a few days 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    From being a 1200+ player, I do not entertain the notion of trying for 40 wins, it's just not worth it for me, so this season I have given up on progression rewards past the 10 cp, and focused on trying to get top ten and a reasonable score for the alliance.
    This has involved dropping down to CL5/6, and bracket sniping in the final hours. When slumming it down in 5, I would climb, fall, climb as normal, with a few shield hops if necessary to reach and hold top 10, but then competition got fierce, and I missed out on it a couple of times, so I moved to bracket sniping - big push in final hours, shield once and out - if I get into a high scoring bracket, at least I know before the climb that I'm only playing for points and the 10cp, so there is less disappointment.

Fwiw, unless they were to seriously reduce top number of wins or significantly open up MMR, I don't want to see those cp back in progression under this win system. That would be a travesty.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Indfferent to the changes, and playing the same or less PVP
    I am not a fan of the 3 day events in pvp now but I actually like the win progression for the simulator this will be the fastest I have finished that event ever, this may be due to 3 day events being unplayable now but without worrying about points I can climb as high as I want take a pounding and strike back at all the easy wins.  I have hit 16 wins twice, I skipped one completely and I have been averaging about 8 wins for all the others.  I am seriously thinking about only playing in the simulator next season.  My only concern is I want the 10 pack reward and it might be a little difficult to reach just playing in the simulator but the pvp events are just no fun anymore.  Between scaling issues with teams, I have one championed 5 I should not be seeing all championed 5 teams, I have to skip 5-10 matches before I can find a team worth playing (it has been bad in the past but not this bad) it is just not worth my time anymore.  Simulator and pve, I will update next season if that worked or not :)