Half way mark of the PVP season, how is it going for you?

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    I quit PVP due to these changes and might come back if they change
    elvy75 said:
    agarber said: ... Probably the current state of the game is "you must hoard unless you want wasted covers" at EVERY stage of the game?
    No, not every stage. Only every stage up until the very end game, when you're able to continuously champ all the things.

Slightly off topic but it needs to be said. You can be in the absolute end game state with all 2, 3, 4 and 5*s champed, and still be forced to waste covers! Praise be to RNGesus! 
    This!!! oh 5* BH BB, meh its yellow and the only cover i have at 5! After few sold yellow covers i decided my BH is going to be DD instead. 
    Yup.  I have exactly 2 unchamped 4*s.  Lockjaw and Nightcrawler.  And I've had to sell 3 green Lockjaws for my 1/2/5 doggy.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    edited November 2017
    Yes I like the changes, and playing more PVP
    Slightly off topic but it needs to be said. You can be in the absolute end game state with all 2, 3, 4 and 5*s champed, and still be forced to waste covers! Praise be to RNGesus! 
    Not technically true. If you have every character champed, then you hoard everything until new characters come out and when you get obsolete covers you sell for iso. So the covers are not wasted. It needed to be said,sorry.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    No I hate the changes, but playing the same PVP
    Covers sold for iso are wasted covers minus 1*.  That's why I currently have 37 2*.  I will roster and build dupes if I don't have the iso to champ at that moment. 
  • Dax317
    The rockett said: 
    Covers sold for iso are wasted covers minus 1*.  That's why I currently have 37 2*.  I will roster and build dupes if I don't have the iso to champ at that moment. 
    Different philosophies. Neither is right or wrong just 2 ways of doing same thing. Just like this whole situation. It is all about each person's perspective. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2017
    No I hate the changes, and playing less PVP
    Dax317 said:
    The rockett said: 
    Different philosophies. Neither is right or wrong just 2 ways of doing same thing. Just like this whole situation. It is all about each person's perspective. 
    You are correct, value can be subjective sometimes, but not in the case of potential champ levels. If every champ level gave the same amount of iso, this would be true. And it almost is: 

2* cover = 250 iso --> Most 2* champ levels are 250 iso. But there's also heroics, HP, and CP given. There are also levels that give 500, and 1000 iso. 

3* cover = 500 iso --> Most 3* champ levels give 500 iso. But then there's heroics, legendary tokens, HP, CP, and iso sums of 1000, 1500, and later 2000. 

4* cover = 1000 iso ---> Argument seriously breaks down here. No 4-star champ levels give anything less than 2500 iso, every 10 champ levels gets you an LT, and CP & HP sums get pretty ridiculous the higher you go. 

I don't know the 5-star champ track, but I would only imagine it's even nicer. Not everyone wants a farm, I get that, but there's no arguing the value of the champ levels themselves. 
  • Dax317
    edited November 2017
    I wouldn't mind going back to the old system with one change. Once you reach any progression level your points can not fall below that threshold. It is a compromise of the 2 systems. Lower level players don't feel like they are getting crushed into oblivion and can't get progression rewards and higher level players have their old system back. The low level players could only fall so far. 

@BoyWonder1914 You correct on every single one of those points. However, you didn't factor in time for Champing dupes. Some people do not want to take the time to champ them. So there is more value, in time and effort, in just selling extra covers and trying for new ones. There are always different perspectives.
  • BoyWonder1914
    Yeah I currently have 8 3-stars now that have hit 266, and am now working on dupes. Had I decided to be content with just having them maxed, I'm sure I would be loving just selling of the extra covers for the iso to use on someone else. 
  • Dax317
    It is what makes our world amazing. There are many ways to do the same things. I hope you have many wonderful hours playing the game we all enjoy. Have a great day!
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    If all the characters are champed, why would you waste a cover?

If you are truly at the pinnacle of rosterbuilding and management, you are able to champ all new characters without waste, by bringing massive volume to bear. If you are at this end state, you always have enough iso/cp hoard to cover and champ even all 5s, because you have nothing else to spend it on.

If this is not the case, you're not at The End. ;)

(If not obvious, the 'very end game' was a sarcastic statement. only a sliver of a percentile of us will ever get there)
    It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single player in possession of a silly roster must be in want of a buy club? Why does having that roster equal a cp/lt/iso hoard when those are the exact things you need to expend to fill out that silly roster?

But even hoarders and whales know well the pain of trying to cover a 5/5/0 or 3/3/5 character, whether it's an Ares for your champ farm or, having maxchamped your OML, trying to cover a fresh OML from the Gambit store. It's been the eternal complaint of the mpq populace at large. I don't understand why this issue is even worth debating? RNGesus is almighty, tremble before him and beg his mercy. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Tile Toppler
    AlexxKats said:
    sh81 said:
    May be you should reconsider your approach and build healthier relationship with the game?
    Thats exactly what I have done, and I am much happier for it.
    Man, read what you just typed.

A player that advertises no competitive play, or any intention of competitive play, or any revenue for the game, or any sign that he will proceed to the 5* tier, is counter intuitive to everything the game needs to be healthy.

Even you must realize that, right?

I am a product of the game.  It pushed past the limit I was willing to cede and so I changed my perspective and expectations for a happier life.

I was competitive, I was on the wheel, I was playing literally one full day of every week.

Man, read what I just typed.

OUT OF EVERY 7 DAYS I WAS SPENDING ONE FULL DAY MATCHING TILES.

Then the game demands even more of my time.  Something had to give, either my sanity or my competitiveness.

So now I play to progression in both PVE and PVP.  Im not committed.  I "just play".  And I enjoy it more than at any other point of my 1004 days,

This is, IMO, the natural culmination of the game.  It pushes you, unrelenting, until eventually you give out.  There is no end game, no respite, no "winning".  Just ever more grinding, unless you change, because that element of the game will not.
  • [Deleted User]
    sh81 said:
    I do hope at some point you get the chance to reflect.

Pure Troll.
    Not at all.  Though your making this accusation in multiple threads suggests something trollish...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Wumpushunter do you mean like this would be the thread to comment on about pvp? Lol
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Since we are being directed to this thread to continue posting our displeasure about the new PVP set up, can we get it added as a sticky @Brigby ?
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    sh81 said:
    AlexxKats said:
    sh81 said:
    May be you should reconsider your approach and build healthier relationship with the game?

A player that advertises no competitive play, or any intention of competitive play, or any revenue for the game, or any sign that he will proceed to the 5* tier, is counter intuitive to everything the game needs to be healthy.

I am a product of the game.  It pushed past the limit I was willing to cede and so I changed my perspective and expectations for a happier life.

I was competitive, I was on the wheel, I was playing literally one full day of every week.

Then the game demands even more of my time.  Something had to give, either my sanity or my competitiveness.

So now I play to progression in both PVE and PVP.  Im not committed.  I "just play".  And I enjoy it more than at any other point of my 1004 days,

This is, IMO, the natural culmination of the game.  It pushes you, unrelenting, until eventually you give out.  There is no end game, no respite, no "winning".  Just ever more grinding, unless you change, because that element of the game will not.
    So you're basically telling that the game actually got worse overall, to the point that people can't enjoy playing competitive, correct?

Like most of what the forum poll suggests, correct?

You also seem to not have voted on that poll you are commenting at btw
  • [Deleted User]
    AlexxKats said:
    sh81 said:
    AlexxKats said:
    sh81 said:

So you're basically telling that the game actually got worse overall, to the point that people can't enjoy playing competitive, correct?

Like most of what the forum poll suggests, correct?

You also seem to not have voted on that poll you are commenting at btw

The game has always, IMO, been one or the other.

People are either serious PVE or PVP players.

I was a PVE player caught on the wheel of 'must champ must roster must champ....' which lead me to dabbling on PVP as well.

And I was happy with that for a while.  Then the game asked, basically, that I focus on one.  It seems that the intent is to have a commitment to one "discipline" or neither and just go for Progression.

I chose neither.

I wouldnt say its "killing me" as some have.  I wont be demanding to be heard from my corner of the game.  I adapted to make the situation best suit me.  And Im grateful for having been prompted into that decision, because Im actually enjoying it now more than before.

I dont see that its necessary to select an option on the poll to have a place in the conversation, not sure what your point is.  

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    mexus said:
    Wrote in another tread.
    About half-way through the season I hit the final reward (15 CP if I remember correctly). I have never done that before so I go that going.

Since I never, in the old system, hit 1200 this new system / structure generated a bit more CP.
    But you are a 4* player. The problem is we are supposed to move up to 5* land (this is the coveted prize, isn't it?) and this system in 5* land is the pain. This is where getting enough wins is a problem. Now you need 74 wins for the Sim (2000 points is done withing 30-40 high scoring matches - it took me 43 but I was hit over 20 times in the process to go down with points). And an average of 27 in all PvP events. So what we are looking for to get max progression in the season? Now it is 340 wins. Previously the 10k was achievable way quicker - 40 wins in the SIM and about 20 per PvP (to get 800 points). That is 240 wins (give or take 10-15). So the increase is around 40 percent. That is a lot!

I was not 1,2k players so i doesn't really bother me that the CP was moved away from progression (actually I've got it once already from top10 finish). But making it so hard to get 4* and the CP for the season is a spat in the face.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    at halfway. i had cleared shield cleared and still needed 26 more wins to get level 4 cover. the joy of hitting 1 pointers to just get that rogue card win was no fun at all.

i see at my bracket for top gun pvp. top 1 till 3 has 1600 points. 4 till rest has like 700 points and less with 12 hours to go. seems people are playing less and less.

i burned out after 3 pvp with this new system. i placed 2 times fourth. third time 11th and did not get the 15cp. after that i thought, screw this. just get 10 cp and call it a day.
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2017
    I wasn't as opposed to wins pvp as most other vets. I disliked the 15cp to top10 and thought 40 wins was too much. The system as a whole I thought would work. 

After playing several events pvp has become mind numbing boring. No matter how easy or hard the team is...1 win. No matter how many points the other team has...1 win. There's no thrill to it anymore for me. I stopped trying to get 40 wins after the 3rd event. I stopped trying to get to 1200 last event. In s2 I was able to get top10 with 1000. I'm going to try to do at least that for the rest of the season for my alliance. After that? I don't know. I started playing this game just to fill idle moments at work. 2 1/2 years later I might go back to that. Or find something else.
  • thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I play the game alot, everyday and I stayed optimistic about the changes.

They aren't that great for me and my 5's team. I have to play almost 3 times as much to get the same rewards of past, and for a progression game...that sucks. So I've finally built up my roster and now I have to play more, can't beat up on people I'm stronger than and really have no advantage over moving up a tier.

• BoyWonder1914
    I play the game alot, everyday and I stayed optimistic about the changes.

They aren't that great for me and my 5's team. I have to play almost 3 times as much to get the same rewards of past, and for a progression game...that sucks. So I've finally built up my roster and now I have to play more, can't beat up on people I'm stronger than and really have no advantage over moving up a tier.

This is an inevitability of progressing your roster in the game, and I really don't understand why so many people continue to fail to see that. Yay, you can earn these 4-star covers now that you couldn't before....well naturally you're going to want to cover and champ them. 

You can say, "Well I just won't go into 5-star land". This is absolutely horrendous for the future of the game if a large portion of the player base is scared to enter the end game because they are afraid of difficulty. The point of earning all these resources and chasing these covers is to build your roster, so what sense does that ultimately make for you to gate yourself off from the highest level of play? Now that PVE no longer punishes you for improving your roster, game difficulty should no longer be a valid excuse. 

MAYBE, it's because you come to the realization that you won't be feeling so great about this system anymore once you're eventually in the same boat, having to fight through 5-star team after 5-star team, for 1 win a piece. You can say all you want about your new play style now, and how much "easier" it is, how you get to use more teams and less healthpacks, etc, but all roster improvement has the same final destination regardless of how much you try to stall yourself to get there. I'm certainly guilty myself of trying to delay entering 5* land by champing all of my 4-stars first. However I started 2017 with 0 4-star champs, and now will have 41 with Rogue in the next week. Will probably finish the year knocking on the door of 50. I will probably be caught up and ahead of the release schedule before Summer 2018, and will then have nowhere to go but up. Even though I don't relate to 5-star concerns now, I know I will eventually be in their shoes, so they can't be treated as some far-off eventuality that doesn't affect you.