Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I straight up prefer total wins. Play at my own place and never have to use shields? WIN WIN.  40 is admittedly a lot. 

Also, now I can play at the slice I want to play at, instead of avoiding it because I couldn't sync up with the LINE players well enough. 

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    rixmith said:
    Wow, I thought they'd at least lower the number of wins for a 4* from 40 to something more reasonable like 25 or 30. But I guess the data showed otherwise...
    They didn't said if they changed the number or not, just that the PvP based on wins will be starting from next season. Why so ready to jump to conclusions ? 

The rockett
    said:
    Throw a grenade and walk away.  Great idea.  Make a major change to the game and decide to go home for the night while everybody has questions. 95% of the people I play with, and it's a lot, think the win progression was a terrible idea.  The only thing that can save this is if you put the CPs back in here, too bad this wasn't deemed important enough for you to post tonight. Plus do this major change right after the Anniversary and the sales you had. Already got our money now let's make a fundamental change to PVP, which is the money maker for the game. Good luck. 
    First of, you are way overreacting. You will get your anwsers soon enough, there is still 2 days before the changes go live. Furthermore,  everybody knew win-based PvP is coming sooner or later. They made 3 tests for it already, so it was only a matter of time, not a question of if. 

JHawkInc said:
    The devs are DENSE if they think PVP based wins are ready to be implemented straight into the game.

Regardless as to whether you're for or against the change, it was pretty obvious that it was very rough around the edges and needed some work.

I don't like being given deliberately half-baked game features.
    Nobody said it is going to be the same as the test reward & number-wise. Lets wait to see some actual details. 

Do you work for D3? Sure seems like it.......just asking
    No, I don't. But this topic really got out of hand, and people are complaining on things they don't even know are true yet. I'm not saying they couldn't be, but at least wait for them to actually be true before complaining about them... 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    brisashi said:
    Personally I am very happy to hear about the win based progression

It may mean more matches but it does indeed give me more flexibility on when to play and still get all progression rewards
    I feel like everyone else is playing a different game.  How is progression more flexibile now?  You could play to 900 for prog at basically any time in the old system.  The only requirement was that you couldn't play a game here and a game there above 600 or so.  

But the new system requires far more of your time.  How may people couldn't get 20 minutes to do the final 5 or so matches to climb 600-900 all at once, but do have the free time and dedication to this game to play an extra 20+ matches every couple of days?

This isn't a player quality of life improvement.  It's shuffling deck chairs on the titanic, just moving incinvenience from one small group of players to another.  And in the shuffle demi is snatching 15 cp from our pockets.

I was getting 40 wins easily without much time invested. I could 10 wins while sitting on the pot. 10 wins after a pve run thru.

The time sink only comes into pay for placement in order to get those last cp points...something they should have crept in progression...but totally see why people are made, something far few 5 star players did when they opened up pve for those rosters to dominate the higher all 6, 7, and 8.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Not sure if something similar has been mentioned, but my leaderboard in 4.7 for Ragin Cajun had only 1 player with 1200+, and 10th place had 955.  I joined with over 36 hours left, so it wasn't a late snipe bracket.  In that bracket, 9 more people would get CP in the new system.

This will help even out the slices, at least when it comes to getting the CP.

Edit: I think it was actually 2.7, not 4.7.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Orion said:
    Devs love to throw around the phrase "play the game the way it was intended to be played", so let's see if this is how they intended PvP to go...

First, as a 5* player, I'm supposed to be in CL8, right?  Obviously.  Well, not anymore!  Now the 5* players will spread out to CL6, CL7 and CL8 so more of them can get the 15 CP from being in the top 10. "Working as intended", devs?  I doubt that.

Next, here's how I played the last test.  I joined the PvP when it started and beat the seed teams with a loaner 3* and 2 2*s. Then I let some 2* players beat me up and hit the retals with a 3* team. After that teams got hit by some 3* players, I hit those retals with a boosted 3* team.  Then I went to 4*s, boosted 4*s, then finally my 5*s, getting to 40 wins off of almost all retals against smaller teams.  Is that how you want me to play?  Because there's no way in hell I'm slogging through 40 5* fights to get a 4* reward that's mostly meaningless to me.

@Brigby, I would love for you to get a developer on here so they can explain the logic behind awarding the 15 CP to only the top 10 of CL6-CL8.  Normally, I can understand the logic, even if I don't agree with it. But this I can't figure out. You are taking 15 CP away from rosters that could get to 1200 but not make top 10 and giving it to whom?  For those rosters, the CP is the only way to progress in the game.  If my progression is slowed down by too much, then what incentive do I have to keep playing?
    That sounds like exactly the right way to play. So many players launch their nuclear arsenal as soon as they face the seed teams. After that it’s “Oh no, only 5*s for me to fight? Devs! Fix this!” Players were the ones who created the problem of only being able to fight [insert character you’re tired of fighting]. Black Vortex was a great event to start in, taking my 1* team and going through all the seeds (not so viable with the minimum boosted level 145 featured loaner), then having 2* Champs, undercovered Rares, and the occasional 1 cover Epic Meat Shield to retaliate with my lower level stuff. Just have to hope more players will get into the spirit of playing with their roster rather than playing with their nukes.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Part of the problem is not all wins are equal, fighting multiple champ 5s SHOULD be worth more wins than 3s and 4s
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pants1000 said:
    Not sure if something similar has been mentioned, but my leaderboard in 4.7 for Ragin Cajun had only 1 player with 1200+, and 10th place had 955.  I joined with over 36 hours left, so it wasn't a late snipe bracket.  In that bracket, 9 more people would get CP in the new system.

This will help even out the slices, at least when it comes to getting the CP.
    I'll play your game,  in my 3.8 18 players were over 1200, that's 8 players who wouldn't get 15 command points
  • Meander
    Meander Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Meander said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Meander said:
    tiomono said:
    Unpopular opinion alert.

I have limited time to spend on this game. With 2 small children that need my attention more than a mobile game, I love the win based progression system. 
    Cop out alert.  You think you're the only one with a life outside this game? You know how many times I see "wife nerf" "had to put the kids to bed" "kid meltdown" etc in Line rooms.  These things cause quick shields,  not whiney excuses
    Lol. Everybody playes the game as he/she likes. If you want to be competitive, be competitive. But playing casual is not a whiney excuse. Everybody has different preferences of spending their free time. If he likes the option to play 1-2 games every 1 hours, what is your problem with that ? 
    I have no problem with that.  But 1) don't use your family as an excuse  as if you're lording it over everyone like you think they don't have your exact situation.  2) don't expect to get the rewards equal to those that spend more time or money in the game.  This is the participation trophy system for people who want to jack around for 72 hours.  This would be like the NFL banning conditioning or any sort of gym work because "The game excludes overweight lazy people like me"
    For me it didn't feel that he used his family as an excuse, but merely to make others understand where he is coming from. He is not obliged to like the same things you do, and he didn't whine. He just explained why he likes the change. Whining is exactly what you guys are doing... complaining about stuff you don't even know it's true yet. No offense. 
    Actually,  it's been confirmed in discord.  No 15 cp,  save for rankings.  In case anyone is paying attention,  this is the issue.  NOT THE OVERALL SYSTEM
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    brisashi said:
    Personally I am very happy to hear about the win based progression

It may mean more matches but it does indeed give me more flexibility on when to play and still get all progression rewards
    I feel like everyone else is playing a different game.  How is progression more flexibile now?  You could play to 900 for prog at basically any time in the old system.  
    You're right, you're playing a different game than the majority of the player base, and so am I, but I only just got here.  As your roster grows it gets easier to hit certain point numbers, I remember a year ago when I would hit 575 and quit and sometimes that was too difficult.  6 month ago I could easily hit 800 but 900 was always a struggle.  Now that I'm more than 50% through 4*s and usually have at least 3 boosted 4*s I can hit 900 pretty consistently, but that's a new thing.

People have aruged it should be that way, but that conflicts with the SCL system.  People should be able to pick an SCL where they can hit progression and have a reasonable shot at placement.  This change doesn't fix that the way it should admittedly.  This makes progression easier for all newer players regardless of what SCL they play in harder for the advanced rosters, which is pretty backwards.  Also this encourages people to do the exact opposite of what's done in PvE, play in the highest SCL available every time.  I suspect when SCL9 for PvP comes up most if not all available players will jump into it vs PvE where most are still hanging at 7.

There definitely needs to be tweaks but I think this system, while flawed, is better for the majority of players.  I'm still holding out some likely miss-guided hope that there are some worth-while tweaks with this that haven't been announced.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meander said:
    tiomono said
    So I'm copping out, and whiny? 70% of the replies in this topic have been whiny. I was not whining but expressing my happiness over a change. Let me be happy.
    Yes. Using your wife and kids as an excuse is a cop out.  "I don't want to play the shield hop game/ use line/ pay for more hp for shields" are all valid in game reasons to like this system.  "My wife and kids don't let me play,  compared to all you nerds" is not
    Where did I say nerds? You need to relax freind.
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    rixmith said:
    Wow, I thought they'd at least lower the number of wins for a 4* from 40 to something more reasonable like 25 or 30. But I guess the data showed otherwise...
    They didn't said if they changed the number or not, just that the PvP based on wins will be starting from next season. Why so ready to jump to conclusions ? 

The rockett
    said:
    Throw a grenade and walk away.  Great idea.  Make a major change to the game and decide to go home for the night while everybody has questions. 95% of the people I play with, and it's a lot, think the win progression was a terrible idea.  The only thing that can save this is if you put the CPs back in here, too bad this wasn't deemed important enough for you to post tonight. Plus do this major change right after the Anniversary and the sales you had. Already got our money now let's make a fundamental change to PVP, which is the money maker for the game. Good luck. 
    First of, you are way overreacting. You will get your anwsers soon enough, there is still 2 days before the changes go live. Furthermore,  everybody knew win-based PvP is coming sooner or later. They made 3 tests for it already, so it was only a matter of time, not a question of if. 

JHawkInc said:
    The devs are DENSE if they think PVP based wins are ready to be implemented straight into the game.

Regardless as to whether you're for or against the change, it was pretty obvious that it was very rough around the edges and needed some work.

I don't like being given deliberately half-baked game features.
    Nobody said it is going to be the same as the test reward & number-wise. Lets wait to see some actual details. 

Do you work for D3? Sure seems like it.......just asking
    No, I don't. But this topic really got out of hand, and people are complaining on things they don't even know are true yet. I'm not saying they couldn't be, but at least wait for them to actually be true before complaining about them... 
    People are used to failures from D3, it happenes 99.99% of the time. As someone that actually pays to play and has been playing the game for years, these type of failures and their history removes me from giving them the benefit of the doubt, as I'm sure a lot of others feel as well.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meander said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Meander said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Meander said:
    tiomono said:
    Unpopular opinion alert.

I have limited time to spend on this game. With 2 small children that need my attention more than a mobile game, I love the win based progression system. 
    Cop out alert.  You think you're the only one with a life outside this game? You know how many times I see "wife nerf" "had to put the kids to bed" "kid meltdown" etc in Line rooms.  These things cause quick shields,  not whiney excuses
    Lol. Everybody playes the game as he/she likes. If you want to be competitive, be competitive. But playing casual is not a whiney excuse. Everybody has different preferences of spending their free time. If he likes the option to play 1-2 games every 1 hours, what is your problem with that ? 
    I have no problem with that.  But 1) don't use your family as an excuse  as if you're lording it over everyone like you think they don't have your exact situation.  2) don't expect to get the rewards equal to those that spend more time or money in the game.  This is the participation trophy system for people who want to jack around for 72 hours.  This would be like the NFL banning conditioning or any sort of gym work because "The game excludes overweight lazy people like me"
    For me it didn't feel that he used his family as an excuse, but merely to make others understand where he is coming from. He is not obliged to like the same things you do, and he didn't whine. He just explained why he likes the change. Whining is exactly what you guys are doing... complaining about stuff you don't even know it's true yet. No offense. 
    Actually,  it's been confirmed in discord.  No 15 cp,  save for rankings.  In case anyone is paying attention,  this is the issue.  NOT THE OVERALL SYSTEM
    This. This. This. I don't mind a win-based system. If it helps others get the 4* reward, then great. What I do mind, and strongly object to, is moving the 15 CP progression reward to placement. That makes no sense.
  • DaBeast911
    DaBeast911 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    madoctor said:
    So let me get this straight...

Players buying Hero Points is the main source of income for the devs.

Hero Points are mostly used on shields.

And you just gave the majority of player base a reason not to shield anymore.

Well played, I say. Well played.
    I couldn't say it better, this is EXACTLY what I was thinking this morning as I read this post......
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well, I'M happy about wins based progression, anyway. :)

Now I have virtually no use for health packs, though.