Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lucifier said:
    @sinnerjfl

not it matter, but did they run the test 3 times or 2 times?
    I remember the last one contain 2 pvp based on wins, and one time before it (is this why it consider as 3 times, or it was actually 3 separate times)?
    it is just i can not remember.
    They ran a mini-season of 2 PVP's + 1 run of Divine Champions...    I guess techically its 2 times, 3 events :)
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Good structure does not equal same rewards. I really doubt they would give everybody 20 HP for the final reward in the tree. So leave me the right to disagree with your exact structure. 
    Let me rephrase, it has been the same structure for the most important prizes, 4* cover at 40 wins, 10 CP at 16 wins (I think) and 15 CP for top10. Anything else I don't give a tinykitty about.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Starfury said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    sinnerjfl said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    rixmith said:
    Wow, I thought they'd at least lower the number of wins for a 4* from 40 to something more reasonable like 25 or 30. But I guess the data showed otherwise...
    They didn't said if they changed the number or not, just that the PvP based on wins will be starting from next season. Why so ready to jump to conclusions ? 

The rockett
    said:

They've run this test 3 times with the exact same structure...  what makes you think they'll change anything?
    This is what its gonna be: 40 wins, last CP in progression moved to top10.

And reread this quote, its not explicit but you can read between the lines:
    "Based on this information, we have determined that the previous iteration of Progression Rewards Based on Wins was ultimately a good structure that offered players flexibility in play-time, while still providing the elements necessary to drive competitive spirit."

Good structure does not equal same rewards. I really doubt they would give everybody 20 HP for the final reward in the tree. So leave me the right to disagree with your exact structure. 

The season was a fifth as long as normal so they gave 20% of the rewards. It was the exact same structure

Guess we were lucky they didn't find a way to award partial tokens and covers.

Well, ok, I'm not saying you're not right or something. I just prefer to be more optimistic about it. And if it happens to be like you said, that's how it is. For me is not such a big deal, although I also prefer less matches for the max progression. 
  • RemcoLoki
    RemcoLoki Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    If a 4* cover that used to be at 900 translates to 40 wins, just how many are they going to expect us to grind through in a Shield Simulator that used to go up to 2000?

I'll help you out and just grab my calculator, which runs using the same basic logic algorithms as those used by D3/Demiurge. Here are the results:
    40 x 2000 / 900 = 3.648 wins!

Now, before you start complaining that this is too much or simply incorrect...
    Keep in mind that I already received a lot of feedback from previous users, based on results of earlier test events.
    Based on this information, I have determined that my calculator is ultimately a good machine that gives highly accurate results. The only conclusion can therefore be that this result is correct.

Happy Versusing all day every day!

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,720 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SpiderKev said:
    These new PVP changes just made me update my Facebook status to #metoo
    :D

Really pleased with the change but thanks for the genuine laugh. Love all the threats, look forward to still seeing them at the top of the boards next season 200% past required progression.

People won't quit, people like us that hoard tokens for 7 months to get a couple of charcaters, moan, adapt and change.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I guess after having semi-retired from PvP months ago, I'll have to upgrade that to fully retired from PvP...Unless they magically reworked the number of wins needed - which I don't expect.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    Bowgentle said:

Of course the 575 and out crowd is ecstatic about this.
    These are also the people claiming there were more varied teams in the PVP tests.

To which I say "sure, if you're a 4* player".

Open up MMR, let me hit 4* players and I'll give you 800 wins per PVP, you guys don't care about hits anyway.

Bad thing for the devs: the 575 and out crowd doesn't pay the bills, while the 5* crowd does.
    In the anniversary thread you stated:

Yes, I started PVP early, went to 900+ 3 times, then dumped to re-climb.
    It's been fun.

Why can't you repeat that fun again?

Of course I'm joking, I know season placement is everything.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options

I welcome the changed to the two characters. Psylock needed a boost which she has received. The Blue needs to be fortified maybe to give it a chance. I don’t think ive ever heard anyone say “ I think fury needs looking into “ but if he gets a boost then that’s positive. His count down should also be fortified to give it a chance.

As to the wins progression system…. I don’t know anyone who prefers it. I know there are a few voices on this thread who are thumbs up but the vast majority of players I know hate the idea. These are players who are in decent alliances who constantly play, use line and express opinions regularly on the forum. Active engaged players who readily play and put time into the game. It seems double time consuming and the rewards have basically been nerfed for anyone outside of the top 10.

If they change the rewards to include the CP that anyone outside of the top 10 will now lose out on and the amount of wins required for progression then it would be something that could be gotten used to. 40 wins for me at an average of 37 a pop is 1,480 score. Its too much.

Please can you show the data that was acquired and how it was compiled to show how D3 came to this decision. If its in black and white then maybe it would be more easily acceptable. For me personally the game seems to be going backwards.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    Bowgentle said:

These are also the people claiming there were more varied teams in the PVP tests.

Open up MMR, let me hit 4* players and I'll give you 800 wins per PVP, you guys don't care about hits anyway.

Bad thing for the devs: the 575 and out crowd doesn't pay the bills, while the 5* crowd does.

It's been fun.

I don't give a rat's **** about season placement.
    But I don't have Carol, Medusa and Blade boosted at the same time, usually.
    With those 3 boosted to 460+? Yeah I'll kill dual champed 5s all day.

Without? Not so much.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    Interesting. For once the vets are unhappy. I guess they really got used to being treated better than anyone else. The threats, the drama - quite amusing.
    Random spewed thoughts are interesting but care to put some substance behind your accusations? 

How are vets treated better exactly? @Alsmir, what is exactly the criteria of a veteran player; number of days, roster, something else?

@Alsmir, are you a veteran mpq player?

(I do expect radio silence from @Alsmir on this)
    Mostly the power of the roster, although someplayers can speed it up by spending massive amounts of money.

PvP under the old system
    Top spots for season (even in CL6) - 5 star rosters with a couple of 4* players.
    900 points in any event almost impossible for anyone without 4* characters, 1200 points pretty much only for developed 4* rosters and above. Similar story for placement. 3* players or lower, transitioners can just suck it and either whale or play for a couple more years to compete. No events, no place in PvP for weaker rosters who want to compete against fairly matched opponents, while receiving decent rewards. CL5? Lower? Doesn't matter, mmr doesn't care and as long as you have enough points you will get clubbed by stronger rosters.

In the meantime, comments from vets were: l2p, git gud, it's fair.

PvE used to be kinda fair, then we received CL based lvl scaling. Reward structure was untouched. Suddenly owners of developed rosters could cut their clear times in half or more. Lousy improvements in CL8 over CL 7, meant that they now face 20 minut clears in CL7 while receiving same rewards as before + easier placement. Again, anyone with weaker roster can forget about placement.
    Then the 5* essentials were introduced, that give another edge if you aim for placement. Implementing those nodes as low as in CL7 is absurd.
    During release events you have 5* rosters even in CL6.

Edit: Dear Lord, are you a bitter fella, based on your comments.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    If a 4* cover that used to be at 900 translates to 40 wins, just how many are they going to expect us to grind through in a Shield Simulator that used to go up to 2000?

In the mini-season they had the season reward top out at 66 (or 67) wins over two events. Normal seasons run for 10 events + sim

Assuming the 10000 points in Season progression is based on 10*800 points from events + 2000 from Simulator, we'd arrive at 330 wins from 10 events + 70 wins from simulator to end up at a nice round 400 wins for the season.

Obviously, we won't know for certain until we get some official numbers.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yoik said:

I welcome the changed to the two characters. Psylock needed a boost which she has received. The Blue needs to be fortified maybe to give it a chance. I don’t think ive ever heard anyone say “ I think fury needs looking into “ but if he gets a boost then that’s positive. His count down should also be fortified to give it a chance.

As to the wins progression system…. I don’t know anyone who prefers it. I know there are a few voices on this thread who are thumbs up but the vast majority of players I know hate the idea. These are players who are in decent alliances who constantly play, use line and express opinions regularly on the forum. Active engaged players who readily play and put time into the game. It seems double time consuming and the rewards have basically been nerfed for anyone outside of the top 10.

If they change the rewards to include the CP that anyone outside of the top 10 will now lose out on and the amount of wins required for progression then it would be something that could be gotten used to. 40 wins for me at an average of 37 a pop is 1,480 score. Its too much.

Please can you show the data that was acquired and how it was compiled to show how D3 came to this decision. If its in black and white then maybe it would be more easily acceptable. For me personally the game seems to be going backwards.

You have to keep in mind the amount of player who play the game and aren't actively on the forums. They ran all those in game polls and questions in regards to it. I'm guessing the forums at most make up 15% of the player base if less.

Until we see the actual reward structure, we cant determine if its a backwards move. Most players will benefit from this because it will allow them access to higher rewards they couldn't get to before. 

I know when it was win based trial i was able to easily get 40 wins in day or so and be done with an event because i dont care about placement. I got the 4 star and that great for me. 

Im willing to bet it they placed the 4 star at 35 wins and CP at 40 wins everyone will feel better about it or if they decreased the max amount of wins down to 30.

I would assume placement would be easier for some because after certain people (IE me)  hit max progress, they will drop out of the event.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    rixmith said:
    Wow, I thought they'd at least lower the number of wins for a 4* from 40 to something more reasonable like 25 or 30. But I guess the data showed otherwise...
    They didn't said if they changed the number or not, just that the PvP based on wins will be starting from next season. Why so ready to jump to conclusions ? 

The rockett
    said:
    Throw a grenade and walk away.  Great idea.  Make a major change to the game and decide to go home for the night while everybody has questions. 95% of the people I play with, and it's a lot, think the win progression was a terrible idea.  The only thing that can save this is if you put the CPs back in here, too bad this wasn't deemed important enough for you to post tonight. Plus do this major change right after the Anniversary and the sales you had. Already got our money now let's make a fundamental change to PVP, which is the money maker for the game. Good luck. 
    First of, you are way overreacting. You will get your anwsers soon enough, there is still 2 days before the changes go live. Furthermore,  everybody knew win-based PvP is coming sooner or later. They made 3 tests for it already, so it was only a matter of time, not a question of if. 

JHawkInc said:
    The devs are DENSE if they think PVP based wins are ready to be implemented straight into the game.

Regardless as to whether you're for or against the change, it was pretty obvious that it was very rough around the edges and needed some work.

I don't like being given deliberately half-baked game features.
    Nobody said it is going to be the same as the test reward & number-wise. Lets wait to see some actual details. 

Wait we aren't suppose to overreact or jump to conclusions before we have any full details?!?!
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Tony Foot said:
    Bowgentle said:

It's been fun.

I don't give a rat's **** about season placement.
    But I don't have Carol, Medusa and Blade boosted at the same time, usually.
    With those 3 boosted to 460+? Yeah I'll kill dual champed 5s all day.

Without? Not so much.
    Not only that, but everything is more fun with double iso. Class of 2017, I rose and fell three or four times just to keep getting retals and wins due to double iso gains. Plus, boosted Medusa, Grocket, and Gamor/or Carol made for great beatstick team and saved a heck of a lot on health pack usage.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options

(I'm a four-star player who has three fully-covered five-stars but don't want to be stuck using just three chars forever and ever)
    How has this change done that? I'm confused, no offense intended. Surely the fact you have 3 fully covered 5*s is what will have you playing those 3 forever? Or as long as it takes you to re-hoard, get lucky?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DyingLegend said:

I would assume placement would be easier for some because after certain people (IE me)  hit max progress, they will drop out of the event.
    Sorry, but you were never getting T10 in CL7 or 8 in the first place, so you dropping out after 40 wins helps nobody who was capable of hitting 1200.