Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well I'm pretty sure my vip streak since the invention of vip has now ended...... No more loonies either......
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    They just don't understand that removing the cp from progression is the most stupid thing they can do. 
    People who like this don't realise they are actually taking rewards away from everyone and it's just stupid to put the cp in t10 only placement. The scores will be pushed up even higher now.
    Plus alot of the big roosters are going to spend more time beating up on lower rosters so enjoy
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Changes to Fury and Psylocke seem mostly positive, and I'm okay with the change to win-based progression because I was barely going past 575 already anyway.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They just don't understand that removing the cp from progression is the most stupid thing they can do. 
    People who like this don't realise they are actually taking rewards away from everyone and it's just stupid to put the cp in t10 only placement. The scores will be pushed up even higher now.
    Plus alot of the big roosters are going to spend more time beating up on lower rosters so enjoy
    To be fair it’s not clear if they are keeping the CP in placement, but it’s probably a 75% chance. 
  • Arathion
    Arathion Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Really the whole progression based PvP and wins based PvP should have been separate things you could enter.  So when 85% of the PvP player base went to win based, progression based PvP players would complain of it being too hard now.  

You have high level rosters playing lower level shield ranks to feed on weak rosters.  Most join late so less shielding needed.  Joining a PvP based event right as it starts is just asking to spend resources for a few days to hold a spot.  Wins based means you can get to a certain reward without losing progression towards that reward.  As for top placement for 15 cp....i mean  points still matter, and it is PvP, so if you want it bad enough, better play for it.  
  • damianc
    damianc Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Either revert back to current system, or 
    reduce max progression requirement to 30 wins, and keep the 15 CP reward in progression.

40 wins is way too many, and will just result in the newbies getting hit much more often, and having 15 CPs in t10 will drive the TOP scores way up and just continue to make the stronger players even stronger!

Brigby, pls have some good news to announce tomorrow on the max progression requirement and most critically, on keeping he 15 CPs in progression.
  • KC_Hammer
    KC_Hammer Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    I like the win based progression. Looking forward to the change.
  • damianc
    Options
    Another suggestion: wins from retals should count.
  • Arathion
    Arathion Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    40 wins for a 2+ day pvp event isn't much.  40 wins when you join with 2hours left, yeah, probably pretty difficult.
  • Milk Jugz
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Pants1000 said:
    No, they aren't taking rewards away from everyone.  There is a huge portion of the playerbase that never hits 1200, so that change only affects the people who hit 1200 but don't manage t10.

I think the people who like this are the people who struggle with the climb from 700 to 900.  I'd rather play extra battles than worry about shield hopping to get the 4*.

I think they should have released SL9 for PVP at the same time, and give the CP to the t50 there.  It's not that much of a stretch, considering PVE CL9 gives 4* to t50.
    They are taking it from everyone because in the old system eventually you will be able to hit 1200. I couldn't hit 900 until about 5 seasons ago. After a few seasons of consistently hitting 900 I built my roster to the point of being able to now hit 1200 consistently. Your example of only taking the cp from people who could hit 1200 but not t10 is short sighted. All the people that want win based are being short sighted. This game is a long term haul, build your roster and you will get the bigger rewards. So, yes, @like1tiger is correct, if the end cp goes to t10 only then they took that reward from everyone. Except those that make t10, of course
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 401 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    damianc said:
    I can see why they didn't do that.  Otherwise we'd organize a massive effort to "play and immediately lose" to everyone.
  • Milk Jugz
    Options
    damianc said:
    That would be so easily abused its not funny. Everyone in an alliance join the same slice, queue someone in your alliance, fight, retreat, win for your alliance mate. Alliance mate returns the favor. Nobody will ever actually battle again
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This really does weaken the team play aspect. This element had become something of an integral part of my raison d'être for playing, as I'm sure is the same for many others. Once you have yours, there's less incentive to help the team score.

After nearly 4 years, I may be out.
  • damianc
    Options
    I see, scratch that suggestion to incl wins from retals then.
    But, they really have to do something about putting the 15 CPs back into progression.