Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ursopro said:
    I hope everyone that is threatening to leave actually follows thru

I'm seeing more "I'm still going to play but I'm not going to be happy about it" abused spouse type posts than "I'm going to quit" posts.

I know I'm being optimistic here, but I hope they open up MMR. I'm more than happy to have my 4* be chum for a 5* team if it means I can get some 3* teams in my sight. MMR is only thing holding me back from dumping any ISO into my 5*s. I've almost finished off the 4* tier as it is now, but don't have any desire to chase the RNG heavy, PvP ruining 5*s.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    This is a terrible change (assuming they implement the scheme as tested).  Wins based progression is ok in principle  But 40 wins for a 4* cover, and locking the most valuable rewards behind top 10 placement is just awful.  Incredibly bad for the playerbase.  We should never be happy about rewards moving from progression tables, available to everyone with the necessary roster, to placement rewards never available to more than a select few.

I am sorry for everyone in a competitive pvp alliance.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rixmith said:
    Wow, I thought they'd at least lower the number of wins for a 4* from 40 to something more reasonable like 25 or 30. But I guess the data showed otherwise...
    They didn't said if they changed the number or not, just that the PvP based on wins will be starting from next season. Why so ready to jump to conclusions ? 

The rockett
    said:
    Throw a grenade and walk away.  Great idea.  Make a major change to the game and decide to go home for the night while everybody has questions. 95% of the people I play with, and it's a lot, think the win progression was a terrible idea.  The only thing that can save this is if you put the CPs back in here, too bad this wasn't deemed important enough for you to post tonight. Plus do this major change right after the Anniversary and the sales you had. Already got our money now let's make a fundamental change to PVP, which is the money maker for the game. Good luck. 
    First of, you are way overreacting. You will get your anwsers soon enough, there is still 2 days before the changes go live. Furthermore,  everybody knew win-based PvP is coming sooner or later. They made 3 tests for it already, so it was only a matter of time, not a question of if. 

JHawkInc said:
    The devs are DENSE if they think PVP based wins are ready to be implemented straight into the game.

Regardless as to whether you're for or against the change, it was pretty obvious that it was very rough around the edges and needed some work.

I don't like being given deliberately half-baked game features.
    Nobody said it is going to be the same as the test reward & number-wise. Lets wait to see some actual details. 

• Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Please tell me MMR will be opened up a bit.

Please.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I usually hit 1200 Points for the CP in one sitting, so this... will affect the way I play.

Though upon thinking about it a bit, I don't Think I really need all the progression rewards (more champ levels are nice, but hardly necessary...), so I might try keeping playing the same way and see what it nets me to begin with.

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Interesting. For once the vets are unhappy. I guess they really got used to being treated better than anyone else. The threats, the drama - quite amusing.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    rixmith said:
    Wow, I thought they'd at least lower the number of wins for a 4* from 40 to something more reasonable like 25 or 30. But I guess the data showed otherwise...
    They didn't said if they changed the number or not, just that the PvP based on wins will be starting from next season. Why so ready to jump to conclusions ? 

The rockett
    said:

They've run this test 3 times with the exact same structure...  what makes you think they'll change anything?
    This is what its gonna be: 40 wins, last CP in progression moved to top10.

And reread this quote, its not explicit but you can read between the lines:
    "Based on this information, we have determined that the previous iteration of Progression Rewards Based on Wins was ultimately a good structure that offered players flexibility in play-time, while still providing the elements necessary to drive competitive spirit."

• NicholasHewitt
    NicholasHewitt Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This really sucks. This robs a lot of players of the Command Points, which are ultimately the only reason for 5-star players to continue playing PVP. The hero points, the champion levels, the tokens and ISO are all treated as ways to earn additional Command Points.

in S3, it's not uncommon to see t25 go down to above 1200 points, so that's at the very least 15 people who won't get rewards that, up until recently, it had been established that they had earned. 

The changes in this game are seemingly inconsistent. The Shield Training post is full of people saying these changes are being made to appease the whales. This post is full of people, most likely the aforementioned whales, unhappy with the changes which are clearly made for new players. The announced changes today clearly leave a large subsection of the player base unhappy.

But, the worst part about all this?

"This too shall pass."
  • Lucifier
    Lucifier Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @sinnerjfl

not it matter, but did they run the test 3 times or 2 times?
    I remember the last one contain 2 pvp based on wins, and one time before it (is this why it consider as 3 times, or it was actually 3 separate times)?
    it is just i can not remember.
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    rixmith said:

The rockett
    said:

They've run this test 3 times with the exact same structure...  what makes you think they'll change anything?
    This is what its gonna be: 40 wins, last CP in progression moved to top10.

And reread this quote, its not explicit but you can read between the lines:
    "Based on this information, we have determined that the previous iteration of Progression Rewards Based on Wins was ultimately a good structure that offered players flexibility in play-time, while still providing the elements necessary to drive competitive spirit."

Good structure does not equal same rewards. I really doubt they would give everybody 20 HP for the final reward in the tree. So leave me the right to disagree with your exact structure. 
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    Interesting. For once the vets are unhappy. I guess they really got used to being treated better than anyone else. The threats, the drama - quite amusing.
    Random spewed thoughts are interesting but care to put some substance behind your accusations? 

How are vets treated better exactly? @Alsmir, what is exactly the criteria of a veteran player; number of days, roster, something else?

@Alsmir, are you a veteran mpq player?

(I do expect radio silence from @Alsmir on this)
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So let me get this straight...

Players buying Hero Points is the main source of income for the devs.

Hero Points are mostly used on shields.

And you just gave the majority of player base a reason not to shield anymore.

Well played, I say. Well played.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    madoctor said:
    No
  • D4Ni13
    Options
    madoctor said:
    So let me get this straight...

Players buying Hero Points is the main source of income for the devs.

And you just gave the majority of player base a reason not to shield anymore.

Well played, I say. Well played.
    People competing would still need to shield if they want the placement rewards. But with this change people that want only progression would not need shields anymore if they can't go there from on go. 
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seem to recall a massive negative opinion on the forums about vaulting 

that was in place for a few months then removed suddenly, 

if enough players dislike this change they might change it again at a later date 

personally I like the win structure as I rarely get past 575 points dispite having most 4*s champed 

i would also like to see the numbers for the feedback on this as I’m sure there are more people in favour of a win based structure than people think 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can't wait to check out Simulator. I hardly ever play it unless I'm really bored during the day and want to do a few matches, I'm close to my 10 pack and need some points to get it or if the season is almost over and I need to work on my overall score for season placement. Since I can just do some wins here and there I think I'll be able to experiment more with different teams and not rely on the same people that everyone else is always using too. *cough*GAMORAGROCKETCAROLMEDUSABLADE*cough* 

Damn I think I may be coming down with something.