Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options

My point overall isnt even the cost associated, but the fact that people are upset that they are "losing" cp, claiming it is the only resource that that they play this game for, while at the same time not going after all the cp they could get.  
    This is a silly point, there are more factors at play here than raw CP earnings.  People value both CP and time. 

The marginal CP difference between PvE CLs is coupled with a significant change in time requirement.  Choosing to give up a few CP a week in exchange for hours of your time is a totally rational decision, and one that's completely consistent with complaining about possibly getting 45 fewer CP/week in PvP and having to spend more time to get the remainder of the rewards.
    A few?  It's 7 across progression from a 3/4 day event, 10 if you drop down to scl7.  Throw down some extra for the extra sub rewards, if there are any. 14 to 20 per week, plus all of the extra covers and tokens, which feed the farms, which gets you more cp....

I'm not saying you cant make that rational decision, I'm just pointing out that if you say you want all the cp you can get, then make that decision, it's a little hypocritical 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    * They are always making changes down to the wire with any new feature add. Several times they’ve had preview screenshots a day or two before that end up wrong when there was no outrage (SCL release comes to mind).  These last minute down to the wire changes are why things are often so broken on release...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

My point overall isnt even the cost associated, but the fact that people are upset that they are "losing" cp, claiming it is the only resource that that they play this game for, while at the same time not going after all the cp they could get.  
    This is a silly point, there are more factors at play here than raw CP earnings.  People value both CP and time. 

The marginal CP difference between PvE CLs is coupled with a significant change in time requirement.  Choosing to give up a few CP a week in exchange for hours of your time is a totally rational decision, and one that's completely consistent with complaining about possibly getting 45 fewer CP/week in PvP and having to spend more time to get the remainder of the rewards.
    A few?  It's 7 across progression from a 3/4 day event, 10 if you drop down to scl7.  Throw down some extra for the extra sub rewards, if there are any. 14 to 20 per week, plus all of the extra covers and tokens, which feed the farms, which gets you more cp....

I'm not saying you cant make that rational decision, I'm just pointing out that if you say you want all the cp you can get, then make that decision, it's a little hypocritical 
    It's a 9-11 cp difference for a 3 or 4 day event from cl8 to cl9 (1 per sub from the 5* essential, and 7 cp from the prog rewards).

And of course we want all the cp we can get; it's the only way to progress a 5* roster.  But i think it is also obvious that there are extrinsic limitations on how much cp any player can get (e.g. real life schedule, wealth, roster strength).  I mean, theoretically, we can all have infinite cp at $100 per 7cp (or your local sale prize), but are you really criticizing players that don't improverish themselves buying cp on credit card debt?

The problem here is that demi has made cp harder to get than it was before for lots of players.  That's not a player choosing not to chase some cp prize because of extrinsic considerations, that's demi preventing players from ever making such a determination.

Everyone is subjective and hyporcritical about something at some time.  But i absolutely reject the notion that i can't criticize moving 45 cp a week to top 10 placement just because i sometimes play cl8.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @sinnerjfl
    I can assure you that Top 25 and even Top 10 is not ending above 1200 across the board for the highest SCLs. My last three PVPs had 10th place in the 900s range (925 for Gambit and at least one other SCL 8 player in my alliance was also low 900s for the tourney). It really depends on the slice and when people join. I don't use Line; maybe the coordination rooms contribute to stacking players into specific brackets? (No judgements about playstyle; just hypothesizing on the discrepancy)

Apologies for not directly quoting the few posts on this; my phone is choking on the formatting today for some reason.)
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The change is done, you all just need to try harder in order to place for that sweet cp, don't let the uber whales hoard all the top spots, try to be competitive for once instead of shield trading hits with your buddy John Doe. Make PvP great again.

Or stop spending in the game, quit and make a retirement thread about it and give the app a negative review in the Play Store, much easier.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Everyone is subjective and hyporcritical about something at some time.  But i absolutely reject the notion that i can't criticize moving 45 cp a week to top 10 placement just because i sometimes play cl8.
    Ah, i agree.

I also criticized the move.  But then again, i am also not railing against people who are ok/indifferent with this change, nor am i chastising them for all the lost cp we are no longer getting, because we would have gotten "eventually" if they hadn't made the change.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SangFroid said:
    All of the people who are cheering this change will come to hate it as they progress through the game. The way this is being implemented will end up making you enjoy this game a lot less a lot faster for a short term gain. Just know that you are rooting for something that is not in your best interests long term. 
    So many people, including myself said this exact same thing about vaulting, but it ended up being a boon. 

But hey, if it doesn't work out, the devs can change it. Nothing is permeant just as vaulting taught us, twice.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Maybe the silence from the Dev's is them trying to fix this storm. Hopefully they realize that the win based system needs more work than just 2 runs with basically no change. 

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The new system would be perfect with 1 easy step. Move cp to progression where its available to all. 

Thats it. Nothing huge. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    corytutor said:
    The new system would be perfect with 1 easy step. Move cp to progression where its available to all. 

Thats it. Nothing huge. 
    More players get 40 wins than T10, this actually gets command points to MORE  people
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dude awesome:  true healing, oml nerf, baking "fix," and boss rush all got much more feedback (true healing was more than 100 pages) and the devs basically did nothing about any of those issues in the short term.  Don't hold your breath.

Smkspy: vaulting was both good and bad (as most critics pointed out at the time).  I think the worst-case downsides of vaulting were mostly avoided by the new compromise.  Stagnating vintage 4*s for a few months is irritating.  Doing it for a year + would be really bad.  

Zeiram: what slice do you play?  S2 is a wasteland where 1200 is both quite hard to get and much more likely to be a top 10 score.  In s3-5 it's a fair bit easier to score well, but it's very rare to get even top 25 below 1200 unless the bracket flips inside the last 8 hours.  And really tough brackets can push 1200 scores down into the 60s or 70s.  I dont play s1 veey often, but i understabd it to be similar to s3-5.  
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I'm sorry I was only able to post this information late in the evening. I'll be sure to be in this thread tomorrow morning (9am PDT), but if you have any questions or comments then please post them below and I will be sure to answer them then. 

Thank you for understanding!
    Um........6:25PM PST and nothing. Guess they are still in the foxhole hiding. But on the bright side we will know tomorrow at 8PM EST when the season starts, can't delay that. Can't wait to see all of these people that are happy for this once a full 10 event slug fest starts. 
  • corytutor
    Options
    fmftint said:
    corytutor said:

Thats it. Nothing huge. 
    More players get 40 wins than T10, this actually gets command points to MORE  people
    Thats dumb. Shame on devs for trying to pass that logic. 

• corytutor
    Options
    @wymtime

Just nailed it. Kudos. 
  • corytutor
    Options
    Put all 25 at 50. Who cares. Just leave them in progression
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    @sinnerjfl
    I can assure you that Top 25 and even Top 10 is not ending above 1200 across the board for the highest SCLs. My last three PVPs had 10th place in the 900s range (925 for Gambit and at least one other SCL 8 player in my alliance was also low 900s for the tourney). It really depends on the slice and when people join. I don't use Line; maybe the coordination rooms contribute to stacking players into specific brackets? (No judgements about playstyle; just hypothesizing on the discrepancy)

Apologies for not directly quoting the few posts on this; my phone is choking on the formatting today for some reason.)
    Interesting point but that is where 1200 point players feel slighted.  In gambit PVP I scored over 1200 points and got top 25.  So now because I scored higher but placed lower. I will not get the CP but the players in the 900’s will get the CP.  overall players should not be punished or rewarded from the slices they choose.  Moving the cp to placement helps more players in the mid tier and hurts players in the higher tier.  This system will continue to hurt players as the progress in the game.  As you transition into a new tier 3-4 or 4-5 PVP becomes super difficult to win because you have to play so many matches and it will cost a significant amount of health packs.  Imagine the player with 2 championed 4* and that is all they used once PVP.  How many health packs would they go through trying to get to 40 wins? With they way they run MMR this system will help some but still hurt too many in the long run.