Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Warbringa said:
    Yeah I only play PvP casually and only once in a while but I would climb to 575 for that 10 CP or 650 for an event token and then just let myself fall. Usually would only take me 8 to 9 matches over a few days.  Now, 8-9 matches won't get me anything so I won't even bother with PvP.  MMR really doesn't matter anymore either so it should be dumbed down so that you can see easier rosters since now PvP really is just a time sink of having to win 40 matches.  Might as well allow many of those matches to be quick and easy.  Pretty poor decision by devs and I am not even much of a PvP player. I guess there are always winners and looser and this is really good for 3* rosters trying to transition to 4* but really bad for 4* rosters on up.  I can only assume that 3* transitioners must be pumping more money into MPQ?  :/
     Wait, you only cared about 10 cp, would do 8 or 9 matches then let your points fall because you didn't care about placement.

This change is perfect for you. Now you can start a two day event at the very beginning, play 5-10 matches whenever you have the time and get all the way to 900. That's not a time sink, it's actually making the run to 900 easier on a player like you.

ETA, good jobs of the devs on dropping these changes right after the the training SIM announcement, that's just an afterthought to complain about now.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What is going on with all the flags in this thread?
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    First I thought it was someone just acting out in frustration, but now I think it could be someone just trying to draw official attention to posts?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Somebody either had it, either is trolling or something.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Warbringa said:
    Yeah I only play PvP casually and only once in a while but I would climb to 575 for that 10 CP or 650 for an event token and then just let myself fall. Usually would only take me 8 to 9 matches over a few days.  Now, 8-9 matches won't get me anything so I won't even bother with PvP.  MMR really doesn't matter anymore either so it should be dumbed down so that you can see easier rosters since now PvP really is just a time sink of having to win 40 matches.  Might as well allow many of those matches to be quick and easy.  Pretty poor decision by devs and I am not even much of a PvP player. I guess there are always winners and looser and this is really good for 3* rosters trying to transition to 4* but really bad for 4* rosters on up.  I can only assume that 3* transitioners must be pumping more money into MPQ?  :/
     Wait, you only cared about 10 cp, would do 8 or 9 matches then let your points fall because you didn't care about placement.

This change is perfect for you. Now you can start a two day event at the very beginning, play 5-10 matches whenever you have the time and get all the way to 900. That's not a time sink, it's actually making the run to 900 easier on a player like you.
    Are you serious?  Playing 8-9 matches before =10cp and maybe an extra event token.

Now playing 8-9 matches = no cp and no extra event token.  

Why is it wrong for a player to feel that having to play more matches for the same rewards is a worse system?
  • smkspy
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I've seen no abuse towards brigby, or really any other poster. 

@docl
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doc L said:
    16 pages of some good discussion, a lot of abuse to different people and to the Devs. Probably another 16 to come, and a lot more abuse. Makes me remember reading the True Healing debacle, nerfs of alsorts of characters, vaulting and so on.

A few observations, as someone who is a vet albeit a low spending vet who doesn’t using Line shield check rooms (day 1451, since Beta, only get VIP really, 3 max cover 5*):

- It feels a lot like the main goal is to restrict CP and give a 4* cover in exchange. It may be true that more people get it between all the CLs this way, but people with the top end rosters still need the CP. Making them all fighting the top CLs for the CP seems... incredibly depressing for anyone who’s at the top end.
    - As it has been mentioned a few times, how long should it take a new player to get to 5*s? I ask this, not as someone trying to cause offence, but genuinely interested in the responses. The Developers have previously claimed they have a 7+ year plan for MPQ, and balancing that it took many people 3+ years to get there with new players, I am interested what people think it should take.
    - I’m sad at how little information @Brigby was given straight up. Even if it was not all good news, giving the full story out would have helped an awful lot straight up.
    - And whilst tempers are high, I’m still amazed how many people seem unable to see both sides of the fence. I may not be universally happy with the changes but I have sympathy and am happy that others at least benefit, much like I have in PvE recently (that said, roster scaling in PvE was soul crushing for 5*). The same to be said for @Brigby, he is not the developer, only the messenger. He is incredibly helpful and I’m impressed by him in the face of so many complaints.
    This is the kind of response that can generate feedback and solutions. Thank you for a good example.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    How often, throughout all slices and Clearance Levels, is 1200 not enough to earn T10? 
    D3 stated at one point that CP in T10 ends up in more players hands. Correct overall?
    Varies slice to slice.  I can tell you last season I played S3 every event and scored 1200-1400 in every event and never placed higher than Top 25.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Saw that. Someone needs to be sent away from these forums for a time out.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How often, throughout all slices and Clearance Levels, is 1200 not enough to earn T10? 
    D3 stated at one point that CP in T10 ends up in more players hands. Correct overall?
    I'm gonna guess that theyre including all CL's so it might end up being true and thats a really disingenuous way to interpret data. People in CL1 through 6 should not attain 1200 pretty much ever.

In CL7-8, 1200 is often not enough for top25.
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think PVP was a broken system, but people learned how to work it and are afraid of change because even if it helps others, they feel they are getting robbed no longer being able to game the game.  I'm sure not everyone wants to download additional apps, coordinate outside the game, read multiple how-to guides (and on and on) just to play a match-3 game.  This change allows people to pick up and play AND progress (rather than regress) in any given event while making placement even more competitive for the top rosters or competition/"strategy" junkies.

I have a couple of honest questions.

1) People talking about 5* players having longer matches, is that true?  I admittedly might not be remembering clearly, but I assume my matches in 4* land take just as long as they did in 3 and 2* land.  Yes I'm seeing bigger health pools, but I'm also doing way more damage.  And since all throughout my transition I've always seen people of relatively equal roster strength, I don't quite understand but admittedly am not there.

2) People are talking about seed teams being a thing, which I was unaware of other than lightening rounds.  What's the best way to cue them up?  Say I want to play slice 4.  Do I select my slice as soon as the event starts, or do I select my event as soon as the slice is ready to open?
    1) Sure 5* match damage is off the charts comparatively and, yes, you can have a nice cascade or two and have a quick match. On the flip side, you have those matches that you just can't get your strong matches. The board is flooded with team-up tiles. The AI keeps matching that color you need. Etc. And the matches just. Drag. On. And. On. And. On. Mostly, a 3 match hop without using boosts takes 10-15 minutes. With full 100% match damage boosts inside 5 minutes. I don't use the boosts unless I'm hopping at a busy time.

2) You'll get seed teams if you join at the beginning of a slice. I don't know how long you have, sometimes I've still seen them joining a day in, sometimes they are gone joining 6 hours in. I always play S1, not sure what determines when you don't queue seeds anymore exactly.
  • smkspy
    Options
    Seed teams are a joke in standard PvP, it's the first 3 nodes unlike LRS where it can be up to 9.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Seed teams are a joke in standard PvP, it's the first 3 nodes unlike LRS where it can be up to 9.
    I've gotten 9 multiple times in non-LR PVP. I believe it depends completely on the number of players who have already started playing.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Clearly this is a vulnerability to the 40 win system.  They should be buffed to 1.2 times the average of your top 2 champs.
  • smkspy
    Options
    smkspy said:
    I've gotten 9 multiple times in non-LR PVP. I believe it depends completely on the number of players who have already started playing.
    You're a very lucky guy then, I get 3 every single time I get them. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    acescracked said: no
    ursopro said:
    I hope everyone that is threatening to leave actually follows thru

Like all those "retirement" threads that popped up in the past?
    I did retire.. I just came back months later about three times lol